Post Hair Transplant FUE Itching Safe or Not?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinkingaboutit
    • Sep 2012

Post Hair Transplant FUE Itching Safe or Not?

I had done FUE 3,400 grafts. I am on DAY 15 OR 16 after my hair transplant. My scalp is now very flaky. At the touch of the finger the flakes fall off. When I wash my hair most of it falls off. It is also very itchy. I wanted to ask you if it would be OK to itch my scalp or not? Please let me know.

Thanks guys.
  • amadeus
    • Dec 2008

The grafts are secure at this point, but you should avoid scratching too much. You should contact your doctor to ask if you can use a medicated dandruff shampoo to help with the flaking and itching.

Originally posted by thinkingaboutit
    I had done FUE 3,400 grafts. I am on DAY 15 OR 16 after my hair transplant. My scalp is now very flaky. At the touch of the finger the flakes fall off. When I wash my hair most of it falls off. It is also very itchy. I wanted to ask you if it would be OK to itch my scalp or not? Please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

thinking,

I had previously read your other concerns regarding post-op discomfort and I should have mentioned to you in the other thread that the itching sensation can occur at this point in time.

It's a good sign of healing and one of the post-op side-effects. I agree to not scratch at the area but rather okay to lightly rub over it without using any finger nails.

You can ask your doc but simply using a quality topical lotion rich with aloe vera can help the itching. Any dermatologist can also offer some ideas on some over-the-counter products to alleviate the itching and also help with the flaking of the epidermis.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...