+ Reply to Thread

Default Another Balding Guy.

Hi my name is Mark, I first realized my hair was thinning probably about 6 years ago at 17. I noticed it falling out while in the shower, and hair started showing up everywhere. My hairloss started as a receding hairline, but in the last six months its starting to thin at the crown. I have never seen a doctor for hairloss but my father is bald so I am pretty positive its MPB. I have only used Revita shampoo to counteract the thinning. I believe Revita changed there formula because its causing me to shed, so I switched to Regenepure dr. I have the dreaded itch, and inflammation at the crown. I also just started taking Toco-8 also. I look forward interacting with everyone on the forum. Thanks.

Here is a photo, I'm not a photographer by trade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	17106  

Another photo. Not sure why they are side was sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	17107  

Welcome. From the pictures I would say you are at the very beginning of MPB on the Norwood scale roughly a 1.5 heading towards a 2 depending on how fast the hair is shedding. Do your research but I would think you would need to get on Minoxidil 5%, Nizoral shampoo and Finasteride before this advances from your vertex to your crown in the classic horseshoe pattern.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the fight to keep and grow out your hair the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Welcome. From the pictures I would say you are at the very beginning of MPB on the Norwood scale roughly a 1.5 heading towards a 2 depending on how fast the hair is shedding. Do your research but I would think you would need to get on Minoxidil 5%, Nizoral shampoo and Finasteride before this advances from your vertex to your crown in the classic horseshoe pattern.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the fight to keep and grow out your hair the way it should be.
    Thanks ChrisM for the response. I think I am a NW2 the pictures are not very good. I have heard so much bad stuff about finasteride that I would rather be bald honestly. I have heard mixed stuff about Minoxidil, i have never tried it though. I have thought about trying the foam stuff but I am worried I will have some type of negative response and speed up the balding process.

Quote Originally Posted by meh899 View Post
    Thanks ChrisM for the response. I think I am a NW2 the pictures are not very good. I have heard so much bad stuff about finasteride that I would rather be bald honestly. I have heard mixed stuff about Minoxidil, i have never tried it though. I have thought about trying the foam stuff but I am worried I will have some type of negative response and speed up the balding process.
    you look at least a NW2-2.5 to me. I started losing my hair at 17 as well and we have similar looking hair although mine has been more aggressive and im more of a NW3.

I highly reccomend you at least start on Minoxidil+Nizoral if not Fin as well(it's the best of the 3 as it moreso addresses the problem but obviously if you dont want to take it you dont have to.)

If it's any consolation i've been on the big 3(min+niz+fin) for about 4 months now and have yet to lose anymore hair.

minoxidil I was on before for about 2 years, it slowed my loss a bit, so that's why i'd reccomend it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    you look at least a NW2-2.5 to me. I started losing my hair at 17 as well and we have similar looking hair although mine has been more aggressive and im more of a NW3.

I highly reccomend you at least start on Minoxidil+Nizoral if not Fin as well(it's the best of the 3 as it moreso addresses the problem but obviously if you dont want to take it you dont have to.)

If it's any consolation i've been on the big 3(min+niz+fin) for about 4 months now and have yet to lose anymore hair.

minoxidil I was on before for about 2 years, it slowed my loss a bit, so that's why i'd reccomend it at least.
    Thanks for your input. I have always been skeptical of minoxidil just because every guy you find singing its praise, you'll find five more that say it sped up their hair loss up ETC. I am going to try Lipogaine for Men its a mix of minoxidil, and azelaic acid. If i am one of the few the responds negativity to minoxidil would it be smart to start with maybe a 2% rather than 5%? Thanks for the help guys. Mark