Is Propecia Really safe? - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    The vast majority of men reporting "side effects" from finasteride is just making them up in their neurotic minds. In recent years, the flood of all those absurd "side effects" ceases to be funny. Consider that some psychotic donkeys start to report impotence even after minoxidil.
    Warlord you're an idiot. You on Propecia's payroll?? It's FACT Propecia has been known to cause sexual side effects or sides effects in general in certain men. I understand that those that experienced them tend to make their voice heard louder than those that don't, but to dismiss it as false, untrue, or in their minds is blatantly wrong.

Your rambling attempt at forming a point above is insulting and paints the picture to others you are a naive fool. I myself have experienced side effects from Propecia but that doesn't mean Jack across the street will. Propecia is a powerful drug that can yeild fantastic results for many users. I don't dismiss that. BUT that doesn't change the fact that Propecia unfortunately clearly caused side effects for me personally. Somebody claiming they had sides doesn't make them insane or a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I myself have experienced side effects from Propecia but that doesn't mean Jack across the street will. Propecia is a powerful drug that can yeild fantastic results for many users. I don't dismiss that. BUT that doesn't change the fact that Propecia unfortunately clearly caused side effects for me personally. Somebody claiming they had sides doesn't make them insane or a liar.
    This is exactly how I feel, however unfortunately this community prefers to villainise sufferers.

Current evidence suggests propecia is safe. It has a long history and the sides statistically speaking are minor. That being said I would not want to use it long term and I completely understand men doing nothing and doctors not wanting to prescribe it. Its just a fact what DHT does is largely unknown but it is found all over.
    Do no harm should be everyone motto so messing with a hormone we clearly dont understand should be avoided by anyone with common sense. We could easily find out next week DHT plays a crucial role in something we never knew about

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Warlord you're an idiot. You on Propecia's payroll?? It's FACT Propecia has been known to cause sexual side effects or sides effects in general in certain men. I understand that those that experienced them tend to make their voice heard louder than those that don't, but to dismiss it as false, untrue, or in their minds is blatantly wrong.

Your rambling attempt at forming a point above is insulting and paints the picture to others you are a naive fool. I myself have experienced side effects from Propecia but that doesn't mean Jack across the street will. Propecia is a powerful drug that can yeild fantastic results for many users. I don't dismiss that. BUT that doesn't change the fact that Propecia unfortunately clearly caused side effects for me personally. Somebody claiming they had sides doesn't make them insane or a liar.
    The problem is that almost all these "side effects" are "feelings" and are unprovable. If your penis fell off, then we would have some evidence. But claims that you suffer from impotence or a lack of libido can't simply be taken as any proof.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    The problem is that almost all these "side effects" are "feelings" and are unprovable. If your penis fell off, then we would have some evidence. But claims that you suffer from impotence or a lack of libido can't simply be taken as any proof.
    A lot of physical and psychological problems aren't "provable". Do you tell people with depression that you aren't able to take them seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    A lot of physical and psychological problems aren't "provable". Do you tell people with depression that you aren't able to take them seriously?
    Not people suffering from depression caused by finasteride. I don't take these reports seriously anymore, because the whole issue became grotesque. Go figure, several days ago I read a post from a guy "suffering from ball ache" after minoxidil. Forums like this contain 90% thrash and only 10% useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Current evidence suggests propecia is safe. It has a long history and the sides statistically speaking are minor. That being said I would not want to use it long term and I completely understand men doing nothing and doctors not wanting to prescribe it. Its just a fact what DHT does is largely unknown but it is found all over.
    Do no harm should be everyone motto so messing with a hormone we clearly dont understand should be avoided by anyone with common sense. We could easily find out next week DHT plays a crucial role in something we never knew about
    You can make a research in all those 100.000 pseudoherms from the Dominacan republic. They completely lack 5-AR2. But they mysteriously survive somehow.

Actually WarLord most of our symptoms can be proven - but why would we need to? We are just men telling our story - and we know what's changed and we just want to warn other men. You don't have to listen to us - but you've been warned.
    And besides - many things are difficult to prove - it doesn't make them untrue. Prove you love your dog. Or even better, prove you have a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by jorbie View Post
    Actually WarLord most of our symptoms can be proven - but why would we need to? We are just men telling our story - and we know what's changed and we just want to warn other men. You don't have to listen to us - but you've been warned.
    And besides - many things are difficult to prove - it doesn't make them untrue. Prove you love your dog. Or even better, prove you have a brain.
    You don't need to prove anything. I don't take anything that is presented here seriously. The posts simply became too ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jorbie View Post
    Wow....sorry if I touched a nerve Warlord. Why are you so defensive? Geez...is that kind of behavior appropriate?

I haven't posted in this forum before...but its time I told my story. A few years ago I started taking Propecia after noticing some thinning of my hair. I did my research - checked out the Propecia website, read the insert front to back (I have done that for every drug I've ever taken) and started taking 1 mg a day with little worry. The insert said that in the small percentage of men that experience side effects, just stop taking the drug and they will go away. Before taking this, I was the picture of health - mental and physical. I had a strong libido, and never had any mental health issues. As I write this, I am in the middle of my second year of pure hell. I have a penis that no longer has sensation, and while I can get erections sometimes, I have no desire for sex. I only masturbate now once a week - on a good week - and have no real desire to date anymore. I occasionally try to go out - but it always ends up frustrating me because that familiar tingle I used get, that sexual energy coursing through my body - is no longer there - so I will kiss the girl on the cheek and say goodnight. As harsh as it may sound - I don't think its far from the truth - PFS is essentially chemical castration. Read about Depo Provera - the drug they give pedophiles to castrate them - and the side effects are very similar. The only thing - Depo Provera side effects go away when you stop taking it. Ironic.....
    Every morning I wake up and the first thing I do is reach down and touch my genitals. I keep thinking that this is all a bad dream, and maybe THIS is the morning I will wake up and everything will go back to normal. I've contemplated suicide, and despite a great career, wonderful family and supportive friends, I'm afraid someday I might actually follow through with it. PFS has to be one of the cruelest fates that can be bestowed upon a young man - yet that is exactly the market for this poison. At some point a critical mass will be reached, so many young men will be made sick that all the Trolls in the world won't be able to silence their suffering, and when that day comes, I hope justice will be served to the company that knowingly sold a medicine that causes permanent damage in some men, and they sold that drug without warnings of such permanent damage. My hope is that at least one man will read this and not make the same tragic mistake I made years ago. This drug is like playing Russian Roulette with your health - is that a risk you want to take for hair?
    I don't recall that I would respond by these words. But it may have been my weak moment, because I am already annoyed by all those hysterical posts. I am sorry.

But go figure - even if all these "side effects" were true, they sound absolutely ridiculous to me. I would sacrifice everything, only to avoid the devastating fate - to look like a circus clown with a horseshoe of hairs around my head. If finasteride works for you, then stick with it and be glad that you don't have to follow the destiny of many millions of men before.

By the way, I jumped on dutasteride 5 weeks ago and the only change that I have observed so far was an increase in libido.