+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

For Allergan to pursue making Latisse for scalp and spend millions in clinical trials, it must be more effective than minoxidil and/or have a better side effects profile. Also, even if it was very similar in terms of results, people will always like having another option. Especially if minox didnt work for them or gave them bad side effects.

If the Phase 2 results show that bimatoprost is more effective than minoxidil in September do you guys think that companies could start creating their own bimatoprost solutions and sell them soon after?. They wouldnt be FDA approved but neither are alot of supplements and people still buy them.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/73...scription.html

Look at the examples at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    For Allergan to pursue making Latisse for scalp and spend millions in clinical trials, it must be more effective than minoxidil and/or have a better side effects profile. Also, even if it was very similar in terms of results, people will always like having another option. Especially if minox didnt work for them or gave them bad side effects.

If the Phase 2 results show that bimatoprost is more effective than minoxidil in September do you guys think that companies could start creating their own bimatoprost solutions and sell them soon after?. They wouldnt be FDA approved but neither are alot of supplements and people still buy them.
    I'd imagine the price in general would go down on this stuff. Right now it's kind of a niche product IMO for the eyebrows/eyelashes but if it's approved for hair it will be mass produced on a very large scale.

Maybe it will work out better for those that didn't get many results on minoxidil. The fact alone that it'll be the first approved hair medicine in 15 years is good enough for me to try it out!

Inactive

Exclamation

For Allergan to pursue making Latisse for scalp and spend millions in clinical trials, it must be more effective than minoxidil and/or have a better side effects profile.
    Not quite. It means they have a reasonable expectation it will meet those criteria. They can't know for sure until after the clinical trials.

Any news on whether this product will be released in Europe (specifically the UK)?

Bimatoprost for scalp is the only legitimate treatment that will be out by 2015. Histogen is still a long way away, realistically 2018 it will be available. Aderans realistically 2017-2020. Why is nobody on this forum talking about Allergan's Bimatoprost for scalp?

Allergan is a multi billion dollar publicly traded company that can go through these trials quickly without having to raise money. They finished the phase II clinical trial in july and we should see results in september or october.

Histogen is still a long way away, realistically 2018 it will be available. Aderans realistically 2017-2020
    Aderans 2017-2020? Where in god's name did you pull that time frame out?

They plan to come to market 2014.. 2015-16ish by the latest.

BoSox; Aderans 2017-2020? Where in god's name did you pull that time frame out? They plan to come to market 2014.. 2015-16ish by the latest.

They have always "planned" to finish trials by this date, or come to market at that time. They Never do. That means nothing. At first i thought that too. But after doing extensive research it is still far from reaching the market.

I understand everyone wants to be optimistic, but sometimes you have to be realistic.

I do understand that, and there are set backs.. but they are going to start Phase 3 trials in Feb, if all goes well (which we will know by Octorber).

Regardless, as far as they are in their Phase 2.. Phase 3 will start soon, and Phase 3 won't take 3-7 years.

In other words, 2014-15 is a realistic timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I do understand that, and there are set backs.. but they are going to start Phase 3 trials in Feb, if all goes well (which we will know by Octorber).

Regardless, as far as they are in their Phase 2.. Phase 3 will start soon, and Phase 3 won't take 3-7 years.

In other words, 2014-15 is a realistic timeframe.
    I believe Histogen ends phase 2 in December, saying 2017-2018 is way too far. If all goes to plan histogen will be out come late 2014-2015 in asia/europe.

The MORE important part is knowing if these products for sure are coming out, I dont mind waiting 3-4 years if next year I already know the product will be launching and say brings back 40% of your hair etc.

Allergan is good, but not anything special, essentially an alternative to minoxidil which could be slightly better.