+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Why are we all a bunch of pussies worrying about hair?!

Hey everyone,

Im 21 and starting to go bald by the looks of it, thanks genetics you ****ed me on this one!

Anyway...just venting because were all on here and no one else knows we are except us because we are all paranoid, look obsessed unfortunate blokes that are going bald and were all struggling to deal with it. I can understand from my point of view that balding in your 20s sucks big time...its our youthful years but instead we have this to worry about...those who are balding in their 30s and 40s all i can say is I envy you, please just chill out because your all married and life is different for you now. On the other hand us in our 20s have chicks on our mind and how many hairs we have on our head and how many strands are falling out per day. Far out, anyway I wish that baldness was not such a bad thing after all, but it is.

Even if you want to keep your hair it seems it comes as a risk to your body in ways you cannot see, so it really does make you think what the hell am I to do...

They say bald men are more successful, i'm assuming so yes because they have to be, who wants to be bald and unsuccessful? Possibly the extra drive to become something better comes from the anger we all have from loosing our hair....

Wrapping up, have a vent with me, throw some wisdom in anyway were all in it together, I wish everyone contentment with how they look

Cheers

Thumbs up

An honest rant I suppose mate, but a few points on your comments:

Firstly, Many of the guys in their thirties (me included) were often younger than 21 when this started. You don't turn 30 and stop thinking about this, quite the opposite. Believe me, we all still have those concerns.

Secondly, It's by using the main treatments that I have continued to stay more or less where I was. Whether or not you want to go down that road is up to you. If it works for you, you will feel that you can be helped which is actually a reassuring idea.

Do your best to be like every other 21 year old and try and enjoy life. Please don't think I'm patronising you because I'm not. If I knew I would still be "ok"
    twelve years down the line, I would have been a lot happier at that age.

I firmly believe that a new break through of sorts will happen sooner rather than later. In the mean time, If you want to treat it medically, then you most likely know the options. Millions of people (me included) have done so with positive results, but like everything in life, you are rolling the dice I suppose.

Best of luck with whatever you do though!

Thank you for your reply,

I know in the end it will be okay, just a hard thing to get thrown at you at 21...and then having to 'roll the dice' makes it harder as well. I understand that you dont just turn 30 some battle it for years, but I see some people who are having signs like I am at 30-40 and worrying, I can understand its daunting at any age...but I feel give me 10 years and ill pleasantly be a skin head.

Anyway, appreciate the post alot

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Because it makes us uglier, therefore less chances in life and less happiness.
    Yes, and No... I suppose yes it changes your looks and me included feel uglier but I feel we as MPB sufferers need to change this negative view we have of ourselves? And No, it doesn't make you uglier seriously, just your perception of yourself makes you feel uglier perhaps? genuine people of the world will not regard you as ugly if you are bald, you just got to have style... unless you seriously dress like a homeless person and have a train wreck face and personality then I would consider one ugly, regardless of hair I think you possess the power to control happiness and make the chances occur...

Each to his own, thank you for your reply

I pity your attitude for it seems you are an unhappy man.

There is much beauty in life, don't hold yourself back from seeing it, you just may have to search for it even though you are surrounded by a darkness that has consumed you there is always light. Take care

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy View Post
    Thank you for your reply,

I know in the end it will be okay, just a hard thing to get thrown at you at 21...and then having to 'roll the dice' makes it harder as well. I understand that you dont just turn 30 some battle it for years, but I see some people who are having signs like I am at 30-40 and worrying, I can understand its daunting at any age...but I feel give me 10 years and ill pleasantly be a skin head.

Anyway, appreciate the post alot
    Dude, times are changing. I don't think you will have to settle for that. In 10 years time, it will be a differant situation. Do some research and assess your options for dealing with it today. Don't waste these years though - we don't get them back.

exactly my point! M 21 , going bald, and its hell. I just want want my hair for 7-8 years more. Men who are 35-40 ,and are starting to go bald at that age are termed 'normal'. On the other hand , v people who start to lose there 'youthfulness' in d most precious years of our 'youth' are the worst hit. V havnt found our partners yet, havnt started our careers yet, v havnt seen 'life' , u can say. Just a few years of my hair more and i swear i wont mind losing evry strand of my hair d day i turn 30......

One thing i also hate going bald at a young age is that it makes you look much older, which makes you not go for girls your own age. Guys who go bald at a young age have all the right to worry about our hair and cry or whatever.

The age thing has come up before on this forum; it doesn't mean much really. Going bald at any age is pretty awful. We're programmed to care how we look, and that brain wiring doesn't disappear with years unfortunately, though some find better ways to cope with it.
    It's normal to feel some level of distress when you have a condition where your body is actively disfiguring itself (even if it's on a purely cosmetic level)... for no useful reason.

I guess to answer the question in the thread title: because life is short, we're all going to die, and balding makes our very short period of existence considerably shittier.

On the bright side, losing hair today is a lot better than it was even 15 years ago. At least we have treatments now that actually do something, and better ones on the way.