+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Replicel's treatment is clearly not.
    You are thinking short term and looking for negatives. It takes a long time and many hair cycles for a human hair to transform from vellus to terminal. Longer than six months. We will know a lot more when we can see what this regrowth looks like a year after it started growing.

One notion everyone needs to get into their heads is that treating hair loss takes a long time. The speed of which is at the mercy of how long it takes a human hair to develop and transform into a normal terminal hair. This is naturally not a quick process. It is a painfully slow process. The key to kick start the process is to get the hair growing. Replicel has done that.

Not the most inspiring results at all. An increase of 3% terminal hairs is not much better than a placebo like others have pointed out. I'm not even sure if that's proof of any hair growth considering the natural cycling of hair follicles.

Most of us weren't excited with Histogen's and Aderan's results and Replicel in comparison is even more underwhelming. It's very clear that Replicel is a big work in progress and won't be releasing anything to market any time soon. I think they're going to have a lot of problems with funding going forward also.

I think they did a big disservice to everybody by hyping their treatment as a possible cure and paying websites and analysts to shamelessly promote their stock.

Before we get excited, I think we all have to demand proof that these treatments work (mouses don't count). That includes Replicel, Histogen, Aderans or Gho.

So there you have it...................they couldn't even out do ROGAINE .

OMG .Their stock is tanking! Lol

Pull your heads out of your butts. Please. You have no idea how stupid and closed minded you are being.

It's a poor result.

Because it's a cell based treatment, it's poor. There is no ****tail to play with, nothing to tinker, except increase the number of injected cells.

It certainly won't do for us what it did for mice.

The only positive is that there MIGHT be a dramatic increase in hair growth at 12 months.

Please do note, while they insist phase 1 is about safety primarily, way back they said it's about safety AND effectiveness.

I don't think they will grow new hairs at a rate that can be viable for a treatment. Replicels only hope now is to aim for 20% increase in terminal hairs by migrating cells into existing follicles.

You might laugh, but Dr Gho is the closest we have to a viable solution. He and Johoda) have proven that those upper DS cells can form an entire follicle.

Unfortunately, I think his damn patent prevents anyone from taking it to the next level.

Well Jahoda showed implanting dermal papillae can form follicles and that's what Aderans are doing so maybe there's hope there. Also, while I remain skeptical of Dr. Gho, GCUK83 had the hair stem cell injection process where only the dermal papillae are implanted and that defintely has grown in. So can you multiply DP, inject and get growth? Yes. No idea why Replicel came up so short. I know they use DSC but still.

Some one mentioned harvesting human hair from hair grown from human stem cells on mice. Could that work? If so I'll take a 100 mice please.

If I'm honest, I did expect Replicel to get 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I can’t stand the negativity and mean spirits that some people on this forum have. It’s like they have no soul and want these treatments to fail.
    Amen to that. I totally hear you, Delphi. It seems that a lot of people get so excited about spouting negativity with regards to new hair loss treatments/cures. It really is like they want these treatments to fail. I knew I should've have checked this topic because all I would see was negativity but curiosity unfortunately got the better of me.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I knew I should've have checked this topic because all I would see was negativity but curiosity unfortunately got the better of me.
    I can see the positive in their results. Maybe that is only because I choose to look for the positives. The positives are there - and you can see them if you choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Amen to that. I totally hear you, Delphi. It seems that a lot of people get so excited about spouting negativity with regards to new hair loss treatments/cures. It really is like they want these treatments to fail. I knew I should've have checked this topic because all I would see was negativity but curiosity unfortunately got the better of me.
    I knew I "shouldn't" have checked this topic, that is. I typed the wrong thing.