+ Reply to Thread

Default Questions about future treatments or micropigmentation

I've been stalking this forum for some time now and have read some on the current future treatments in the works...replicel, histogen, Aderans, etc...

1. Is there any summary/wiki/opinion that continuously updates where each one is at the process and ranks how promising/effective it seems to be?

2. I consider some users here probably in the top 0.0001% of experts in the hair loss field and what will likely happen with these different treatments...are any of you making any stock plays into how this will likely all play out?

3. I personally am a NW4-5, and was considering micro-pigmentation since I shave my hair anyway, but one of the biggest things that stopped me doing that for now was the promise of these future treatments, thought it'd be better to save the money and risk for a while to see if any of these pan out. I mean, even the up close pic of results from phase 1 of Histogen leads me to believe they will be able to create some product out of that someday. But am I just being too optimistic and should I just go through with the micropigmentation since these treatments could be years away/too expensive/not that effective? Thanks so much in advance for any help/advice.

Here is my take on it. Scalp tattoos concern me because I don't know how damaging they are or how that damage may effect how well future treatments could work for me when they become available.

I am by no means an expert on these new treatments but I do feel a better solution will be available sooner than five years from now. If I had money to invest in stocks I would be investing in Replicel right now. If it were possible to invest in Histogen as well, I would do that too. I personally feel those two companies are going to have a better solution than the others - and do so sooner than the others.

Whatever new treatments do become available, they will need to be affordable in order to make any profit at all. If any of them are cost prohibitive to the majority of hair loss sufferers, they will fall to the way side and die out very quickly.