+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Pretty Boy status expired due to hairloss :(

Hello everyone, I wanted to start out talking about a little about myself and the history I had so far with hairloss and the treatments Ive taken. I just turned 24 years old a few weeks ago but still experiencing hairloss

Let me tell you about myself......
    Age of 21, full of hair, I always had long hair and had used hair products to make my head look like a giant helmet. I love volumized hair. People would call me Goku from Dragonball Z because my hair was always stick up and it had so much volume. I usually spend from 30mins to 1.5 hours on my hair trying to make it look good (I will upload pictures later). The time is recorded from blow drying to the end of hairspray time. I would use 3 mirrors to style my hair. People knew me for my passion and love for my hair. I was high maintenance and had always carried a can of hairspray where ever I went. Everywhere I would go, I would always get compliment about my hair and how its pretty, how much volume it has, and how cool it was. The ladies had labeled me as the "pretty boy" and my mom thought I was a player. I would admit, getting girls WASNT a problem for me. I made it look easy. I was confident because of my hair. Sadly, this confident slowly went away.

I still remember that day, 3 years ago, when I noticed my hair was falling out. It was getting close to exam week (sophomore in college) and I was consuming lots of coffee and 5hr energy drinks. I stepped into the shower and BAM! Hair was falling like a tree in fall season. I was sure it was over 100 hair that was lost. I was shocked and couldnt believe my eyes. I thought it was stress related and from the high consumption of caffeine. So I didnt worry about it too much. As the days passed by, my hair density was going down and my tub was always filled with hair. Then I asked myself "Am I going thru hair lost?!" At first I was in denial and became desperate. After 3 months into hairloss, my gf had noticed lots of hair shed in the bathroom and saw a bald spot appearing on the vortex of my head. It was like a quarter size. So I went out (after doing massive research on hairloss) to get Rogaine topical foam. I used it as directed but it got in the way of styling my hair. It made my hair look shiny. So I took an alternate route and got propecia 1mg/day. I didnt have insurance and still dont so I was paying $80/month for 30 pills. However, THIS LITERALLY SAVED MY HAIR AND REGREW IT THICKER after a year or so taking it (I have pictures and will upload later).

Here were the side effect of propecia I had experienced:
    Right testes pain
    Slight sadness
    Anxiety
    50% strength loss in erection and hard to ejaculate
    slight weight gain

I took propecia for 16 months and it worked. I had so much hair (pictures will be uploaded later) but was still losing hair. Propecia had slowed down my hair lost and regrew the hair into thicker stronger hair. I would lose about 45-60 pieces of hair everyday in the shower and 10-15 hair when I style it. I also blow dry my hair so I would lose 15 more hair But I have noticed that the hair I would lose were thinner hair than the thicker hair so I was fine with that.

What really struck me was my performance in bed I was having so much trouble trying to keep my wood hard that sex was basically like a workout I wasnt happy and im sure the girl wasnt too So I tried to take the propecia 23 hours ahead of time I knew I was going to get it on ....keyword "tried"....... Then I asked myself it it worth the $$, keep the hair I have and have bad sex or should I save $$, deal with hairloss, but have GREAT sex? I said to myself I dont need to have sex everyday. So I kept taking the pill.

I did stop taking propecia for 3 months and LOST lot of hair during that period (Worst decision ever) but my sex life was improved dramatically. So I got back on the propecia. I love my hair and want to keep all of it that I can. To this day, I am still losing hair (50-70/hair in shower). I wake up every morning and look at my pillow to see how much hair I lost while sleeping. To this day, I still check my shower drain to see how much hair Ive lost showering. To this day, I am still taking propecia. But I just started this new treatment called Nuhair 30 day kit 4 pills a day with meal and Ive started for only a month. It said it will take 3-4 months to see results and I want to know what is your opinion about Nuhair hair lost treatment It has DHT blocker pills and hair regrowth pills.

Why I picked propecia and Nuhair as a combination? I have a B.S in Biology and kinda know how the body works. Because hair loss is caused by a by-product of testosterone (DHT), propecia is a competitive inhibitor that prevents DHT from binding to the hair follicle. Propecia is only a DHT blocker, and its effective Nuhair has hair growth and DHT blocker too. So to me, these two treatments in combination are effective to help against hairloss.

NOTE After I took Nuhair, my side effects that I was experiencing from propecia went away! I remember before I was taking Nuhair, my gf would joke around saying I have a broken dick, which I kinda did. Because usually if she grabbed it or touch it, my dick would be on full blast. But it wasnt on full blast and she had questioned me if I had turned gay (btw, this is a new gf Ive been dating for 4 months now) This is funny but sad, she had woken up in the middle of the night and had the urge to "do it" but she tried her best to get it up and nothing happened. So she quit trying to make it hard and went back to sleep. Since taking Nuhair, I dont have this problem anymore. Im not sure why, and is questioning if Nuhair is canceling out propecia or are they working together so well that the negative effects of propecia has went away?

Here is just a brief guide of my hairloss experiences and treatments I took for that time:

Age 21: May 2009 to Aug 2009 (Rogaine foam @night)
    Still losing +100 hair/shower

Age 21-23: August 2009 - March 2011 (Propecia 1/mg day)
    Losing 45-60 hair/shower
    Seen thicker hair grow in
    Improvements on the vortex of my head
    I will upload pictures later

Age 23 March to May 2011 Discontinued the use of Propecia
    60-80 hair lost/shower
    LOST the hair I grew when I was on Propecia
    Hair thinning
    Receding hairline
    more exposure of vortex

Age 23-24 May 2011 - present (Propecia 1mg/day + Nuhair DHT/Hair regrowth)
    50-70 hair lost/shower
    Hair has grown back thicker on hairline and vortex
    Lost negative effects of Propecia due to Nuhair?

I still do my hair but it isnt as good as it was 2 years ago. It usually had taken me 50 mins avg to do my hair. Now it only takes me 20-30mins. Hairloss has been a burden to me and has depleted my confidence as the time went by. I am so sensitive about my hair and a little one cry inside of me when I am able to comb my hair softly and a piece of hair falls out. I always say,"Its okay, because I know a thicker, stronger hair will grow in your place " *Fingers crossed*

So my plan is to test out Nuhair and its effectiveness for the next 3-4 months in combination with Propecia.

Comments/Questions.....Feel free to ask! I am very open!

(By the way, I have no affiliation with Nuhair or Propecia. I am a college student who is broke and just want to get my story out. I want to help people dealing with this hairloss. Just telling you what has worked out for me.)

My cynic siren is going off very loudly. I looked at the ingredients of Nuhair and it's basically a bunch of natural extracts and herbs. How could this resolve the sexual side-effects caused by Propecia? And I'm not sure why you'd need another DHT blocker as well as Propecia. Seems like more potential for side effects if anything.

I've had sides from taking Propecia and am still suffering 3 months after I quit. If Nuhair worked I'd obviously be interested but I can't see how.

Snake oil salesmen, move on, close thread.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    My cynic siren is going off very loudly. I looked at the ingredients of Nuhair and it's basically a bunch of natural extracts and herbs. How could this resolve the sexual side-effects caused by Propecia? And I'm not sure why you'd need another DHT blocker as well as Propecia. Seems like more potential for side effects if anything.

I've had sides from taking Propecia and am still suffering 3 months after I quit. If Nuhair worked I'd obviously be interested but I can't see how.
    That question is the same question Im trying to figure out. It was just that after I began taking Nuhair, I dont have a limp wood anymore and it is stronger than when I was on Propecia by itself. Note, I have only been taking Nuhair for a month and I am getting back my sexually drive (I forgot to mention that I lost sexually drives while taking propecia).

Here is my hypothesis behind why the side effects went away:
    1: Either Propecia has no effect on me anymore because Nuhair cancel out the effect. Nuhair is also a DHT blocker and may inhibit propecia activity on the hair follicles. So think of it as a rabbit(Nuhair) vs turtle(propecia) and the finish line is the hair follicle. If Nuhair can get to the finish line first, then maybe I wont see the bad side effect if propecia has gotten to the finish line first. Assuming that Nuhair has a mobility faster than propecia (I take both at the same time)
    2: My follicles doesnt respond to propecia anymore....and im wasting my money.
    3: Nuhair might have a chemical mechanism that blocks the negative effects of propecia. Coincidence?

Why Im taking both? To have good results you need DHT blocker and hair regrowth, which Nuhair has both. Propecia is known by the FDA and studies that it works effectively. Since Ive been on Nuhair (only a month), I havent been experiencing any negative effects at all. I think the main ingredient that inhibits DHT in Nuhair is saw palmetto. Ive read some articles that people who took saw palmetto for prostate cancer also saw an increase in hair growth. So worth a try right? Prevents prostate cancer and increase hair growth? Win-Win situation to me

Thank you for ur reply.....I really appreciate it mate

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Snake oil salesmen, move on, close thread.
    Im not trying to sell you any products......just telling you what I have experienced and is now experiencing. Like I said, Im just a broke college student who wants to get his story out there. I always wanted to do this because maybe you might know something that could help me out and I could do the same.

Im talking photos of my hair like every 3 months now to see if the products im taking is really working. In 3-4 months from now, if I see no improvement in maintaining my hair or any new hair growth. I will stop taking Nuhair because its more money coming out of my wallet .....Remember I have no health insurance and propecia cost has went up from $75 to $84 and my income is still the same

Because I dont wanna take propecia forever..... already considered getting a hair transplant with my gf.....

Btw, Thanks for replying on my thread. Really appreciated, even though you labeling me as someone who Im not. PFFT! I wish I wasnt losing my hair and then I would be on this site!!!
    Last edited by oOKawaiiOo; 04-13-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: To give credit to people who respond to my thread

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oOKawaiiOo View Post
    Im not trying to sell you any products......just telling you what I have experienced and is now experiencing. Like I said, Im just a broke college student who wants to get his story out there. I always wanted to do this because maybe you might know something that could help me out and I could do the same.

Im talking photos of my hair like every 3 months now to see if the products im taking is really working. In 3-4 months from now, if I see no improvement in maintaining my hair or any new hair growth. I will stop taking Nuhair because its more money coming out of my wallet .....Remember I have no health insurance and propecia cost has went up from $75 to $84 and my income is still the same

Because I dont wanna take propecia forever..... already considered getting a hair transplant with my gf.....

Btw, Thanks for replying on my thread. Really appreciated, even though you labeling me as someone who Im not. PFFT! I wish I wasnt losing my hair and then I would be on this site!!!
    Im sorry man but you have all signs pointing to the snake oil salesman, youre trying to promote a product end of story. You will get 1 or 2 buyers from your efforts.

We have seen posts like yours like a 1000000 times. Some snake oils salesmen need to change it up, it aint working, at least in all of us. Some of these repliers just don't say anything because they're respectful.

Sorry mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Im sorry man but you have all signs pointing to the snake oil salesman, youre trying to promote a product end of story. You will get 1 or 2 buyers from your efforts.

We have seen posts like yours like a 1000000 times. Some snake oils salesmen need to change it up, it aint working, at least in all of us. Some of these repliers just don't say anything because they're respectful.

Sorry mate.
    No worries. Maybe its the way I put my experiences into words that seems convincing and that it would work for you too. But I can understand why you might think I might be a snake oil man. This is my first time putting my story up online.

Btw, I just read online somewhere that Saw Palmetto can interfere with Propecia active ingredient, which is probably the reason why Im not experiencing the negative side effect? It could be a possibility..... It goes back to my post I posted above saying my hypotheses #1 about the analogy of the turtle vs rabbit racing to the finishing line. Just an educated guess. I can be wrong

If anything, I would want you to buy for me...... is HAIR GRAFTS!

hahaha im jk........

Great story! Sounds like an awesome treatment.

Let us know when it gets the same official approval as Rogaine and Propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by oOKawaiiOo View Post
    No worries. Maybe its the way I put my experiences into words that seems convincing and that it would work for you too. But I can understand why you might think I might be a snake oil man. This is my first time putting my story up online.

Btw, I just read online somewhere that Saw Palmetto can interfere with Propecia active ingredient, which is probably the reason why Im not experiencing the negative side effect? It could be a possibility..... It goes back to my post I posted above saying my hypotheses #1 about the analogy of the turtle vs rabbit racing to the finishing line. Just an educated guess. I can be wrong

If anything, I would want you to buy for me...... is HAIR GRAFTS!

hahaha im jk........
    let me tell you one of the mistakes you are making. You are putting way too much smiley faces when discussing hair loss, you should be fukin devastated and telling your story more seriously because hairloss is fukin devastating and the fact that you are losing your hair.

Possible scenarios:

1. This treatment is working wonders for you(very unlikely unless its all propecia)
    2. Youre a psycho
    3. You have a full head of hair no signs of mPB aka snake oil salesman.
    4. You are a bald guy who found a way to make money (idk how exactly).
    5...more variations of the above.

another thing: you are treating us like we don't know *!@#, fact of the matter is, this forum is full of people who know EVERYTHING about hair loss, you can't even IMAGINE how much from DHT to HAIR MULTIPLCATION, things you would need a degree to understand. You can't fool us, people come here to ask us what CAN THEY DO !! not what SNAKE OIL PRODUCT WORKED FOR THEM!!.

im sorry bro, if you are gonna keep playing the "i am a hair loss sufferer" card with the "these treatments work for me", you need to create an account and change your game. We've seen this one a 1000 times.

I know you're gonna keep pretending so just helping you out for next time.

here:

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimatePoet View Post
    Great story! Sounds like an awesome treatment.

Let us know when it gets the same official approval as Rogaine and Propecia.
    Because I have long hair, it was hard to spot where I was really losing hair. But the main spot I saw was my vortex. I didnt like rogaine because it made my hair shiny, wet-like, and it got in my way of styling my hair [Personal pref] Im not saying rogaine is bad, but Im just ANAL about how my hair looks. Rogaine and propecia are great combo

Because........*Ahem*
    1: One is directly fighting the DHT internally at the home base (testicles) (propecia)
    2: The other is fighting at the battle site (hair follicles) (Rogaine)

So if you have short hair, it would be easier for you to spot out where you need to apply the rogaine.....

So you might ask me, "Well why dont you just cut you hair then to see where you are balding at?!"

My answer: I got into a car crash when I was 5 and left 2 long lines on my head. My sisters makes fun of me saying I have a tennis ball head So I try to conceal it by having long hair. Im so self conscious about it!!! This was one of the main reasons why I style my hair is to mast the tennis ball scars on my head from the accident. But it turns out, people like the way I style my hair and it attracted girls So a win-win .....unintentially..... by fault lol

Only a few people know I have scars on my head...... well now the world SIGH