+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Where were you looking to go to? A lot of your decision also depends on the surgeon. For instance, Rahal charges a preposterous amount of money for his hair transplants. So obviously, going there may seem like a non-option.

Have you considered maybe Dr Keser from Turkey? I've seen his work on various forums and it looks really good, plus he isn't that dear.

But definitely avoid getting an FUT. You are likely to get a big scar, which mostly (in my opinion) depends on your genetics. So sure, MAYBE it won't be bad. But maybe it will. Ultimately you don't want to be replacing one problem with another. Get a good FUE and in five years time you will be thanking yourself I'm sure. Wheras if you went for FUT you will probably ask yourself "Oh, why didn't I just spend the extra 1-2k and do it properly the first time!".

My 2c....
    I'm thinking of going to either Dr Feller or Dr Rahal. I haven't seen much of Dr Keser's work to be honest. It's important for me to choose a doctor who has a big portfolio of successful transplants, with focus on achieving a natural and youthful hairline. I've researched extensively and Dr Feller and Dr Rahal stand out. There may be other great doctors, but either they aren't as well known or they aren't marketing their work very well on the forums.

The difference between FUE and FUT is not 1-2k, or I'd not have even asked this question. FUE is almost double FUT. In terms of affordability, FUE is out of my reach. It's FUT or nothing for me. It seems if I can't deal with the scar then I can't have surgery at all.

Hey mate have looked at Ferudini or Basinga in Belguim I have been quoted top 9000 euros for 2000 grafts via FUE which works out at around £7000 thats the same price as Rahal or Feller is money was no issue I would go with Rahal for FUE but is over £11,000 for the same numebr of grafts.

Chrisis,

I actually like your hair better in the pic where it is slightly longer. It reminds me of a celeb that came in for a consultation a few weeks ago and it's very hip. Based on what I see in your photos I think that your expectations can be met but this is only based on your photos.

The style I referred to also reminds me of the patient below. His hair is more coarse than yours but the style is similar. His sides are considerably shorter than the back and while the donor incision does not run nearly as far into the sides as a 4500 session the sides were still utilized but there is no evidence of a procedure. Also note that while the design of the hairline is pretty aggressive it still has enough recession to allow for a natural appearance as he ages.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Thanks Jotronic. Must admit I'm curious who the celebrity was, but I'm guessing you can't say?

And yeah I did like my hair longer at the back at the time, however the idea of needing to always keep it long to hide a (potentially) hideous scar scares me. I've thought about getting tattoos in the past, but I have the same issue with permanence so never got round to having one done.