+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair Transplant Goal

I took the plunge and finally got some photos to chart my hair transplant journey.

Must say it was difficult to face reality, because I usually try to conceal my hair loss not expose it and take photos!

Details:

I'm 28 and looking to fill in the corners and bring my hairline a little forward.

I have a consultation scheduled with Dr Feller in May, and am forwarding these photos on to various other doctors for their opinions about my hair loss and my goals.

Photos:

Easiest way to do this was to create an album, so please check it out and respond with any comments!

Thank you

Imgur album

Hello,

Your hair actually looks fine to me. Your "M" pattern adult male hair line is more dramatic than others but on you it doesn't look bad at all.

Whatever you do, I hope the best for you.

Tracy

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

You look like a great candidate for a HT. Start looking at different hairline designs and how "aggressive" you want to go... you will have to live with the hairline when you are 50 also.

You have many possibilities say around 1500 FUE to get a nice lifelong hairline or 2500 FUT/FUE dense packing - taking you to a NW0.

Feller is a good choice.

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

After another look - actually think you cannot dense pack more than 2000 into your hairline - you do not have that much hair loss...

Hey Chrisis,

I think you are a good candidate for a HT. You can fill in the corners without any risk of shock loss and bring your hairline down. However, i would be very careful about having hair transplanted to the middle of your hairline. It looks like thin hair and i don't think it would survive a HT. If you do get heir transplanted in that area, you need to pack it up very densely, so you don't end up with less hair in the middle post-op. Something to ask Dr. Feller about.

If you want a dense hairline, i think you will need strip. Unless you want to have multiple FUE sessions. I think Dr. Feller only does a maximum of around 1,000 FUE grafts in one session. I think you will need a lot more grafts than that. I'd suggest you get around 2,500 grafts via strip in one session and be done with it. That should last you a good 7-10 years assuming you are on meds. I'm sure there will be a great new treatment out by then, so i guess this 'should' be your first/last HT.

Good luck.

2500 grafts and Dr Feller would knock it out the park

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I think going back even three times for FUE is always better than getting a disfiguring gash across the back of your head.
    I would have agreed with you up until last week. I saw Jotronic's scars and another H&W's patients scar and could barely see them. Even on close inspection. In fact, i had to be shown where the patient's scar was !!

Maybe these are exceptional scars, but if you have a lax scalp (like i do) and don't have a history of bad healing, i think a good tricho scar is far better than thousands of white dots on the back of your head.

A lot of people still have a misconception of the scarring.

I personally will strip myself out, then if the scar bothered me , will have fue/body hair into the scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hello,

Your hair actually looks fine to me. Your "M" pattern adult male hair line is more dramatic than others but on you it doesn't look bad at all.

Whatever you do, I hope the best for you.

Tracy
    Thanks Tracy. It may look fine but it's not how it was or could be. I understand that people may wonder what the issue is with comparatively minor cases like mine, but it's a very personal thing. You can't know how it feels to be paranoid that your hair has fallen out of place every time the wind blows or to know you can't swim or get too sweaty because you'll look ridiculous. I avoid swimming and I wear a cap running/at gym.

My hairline is important to me, and I'd like to restore it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    You look like a great candidate for a HT. Start looking at different hairline designs and how "aggressive" you want to go... you will have to live with the hairline when you are 50 also.

You have many possibilities say around 1500 FUE to get a nice lifelong hairline or 2500 FUT/FUE dense packing - taking you to a NW0.

Feller is a good choice.
    Thanks Still-Researching. I think between 2000-2500 sounds about right to be honest. I'd rather go aggressive with this and limit the necessity for further work later on.

The idea of being a NW0 makes me very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Hey Chrisis,

I think you are a good candidate for a HT. You can fill in the corners without any risk of shock loss and bring your hairline down. However, i would be very careful about having hair transplanted to the middle of your hairline. It looks like thin hair and i don't think it would survive a HT. If you do get heir transplanted in that area, you need to pack it up very densely, so you don't end up with less hair in the middle post-op. Something to ask Dr. Feller about.

If you want a dense hairline, i think you will need strip. Unless you want to have multiple FUE sessions. I think Dr. Feller only does a maximum of around 1,000 FUE grafts in one session. I think you will need a lot more grafts than that. I'd suggest you get around 2,500 grafts via strip in one session and be done with it. That should last you a good 7-10 years assuming you are on meds. I'm sure there will be a great new treatment out by then, so i guess this 'should' be your first/last HT.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice Folly. I agree the middle of my hairline is something to be concerned about. It might be a little thinner than the rest of my hair so I might have to have more grafts in that area too, to be on the safe side.

I'm a little apprehensive about getting a FUT rather than FUE. I really don't want a scar and it looks so much more invasive.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    2500 grafts and Dr Feller would knock it out the park
    I hope so! I would love to be a textbook case!

Hi,

As just mentioned in email dialogue mate. In my honest and experienced opinion you would need approximately 2500 and strip would be the best way to go, FUE will leave you wanting in my opinion based on vast experience.

This is my opinion - I am not a Doctor just been around a long enough time to offer an informed opinion based on many patients i have met from various clinics over the years.

Best
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.