+ Reply to Thread

Default Does Apple Cider Vinegar help in hair strength?

Does Apple Cider Vinegar help in hair strength?I read that it can be applied in scalp and washed later!What are its benefits?and more important does it have shedding phase like when using Minoxidil initial times more shedding!anything like that with ACV?

I tried using apple cider vinegar on my hair for about 6 months last year as it helped my scalp (I suffer a bit from seborrheic dermatitis - dry and oily skin).

I thought by reducing my seborrheic dermatitis I might be able to regrow some hair I lost. It didn't regrow any hair and only marginally made my scalp better. I didn't experience any more shedding than normal while using it. I'd say its worth trying though - its natural and cheap and it might work better for you than it did for me. If you're going to try it make sure you get the organic stuff with "the mother". I diluted it too. I'm back to using nizoral shampoo to control my seborrheic dermatitis, which seems to be a bit more effective than apple cider vinegar. I guess neither of these options are the silver bullet for my scalp, but they help.

Nautral solutions always interest me. I recently watched a documentary called "Knives over forks" (only released last year) and was amazed how they were able to turn cancer growth on and off through diet... I think i might give the plant based diet a shot for my health, even though its probably not best for my hair. I'm confident there will be a solution for hair loss within the next 5 years.

Anway, good luck with it

Default Apple cider vinegar really is great

I think apple cider vinegar is worth a try. It is truly miracolous. I have used it on everything from acne to tummy aches and it has always worked. I have not used it on hair so I will do more research on that. Thanks

Inactive

Try drinking it a couple times a day as well.. it might even work better from the inside. On and off I used it both topically and orally, and have bought a couple more bottles today to start again.. I buy those with added extracts.. nettle, garlic etc, so these should be even more potent for fighting hair loss.

I'm thinking about using apple cider vinegar in conjunction with Minoxidil...

I've heard apple cider vinegar reduces the sebum, which can act as a waxy type substance to prevent the Minoxidil from being properly absorbed by the hair follicles.... So maybe if the ACV is applied an hour before hand then the minoxidil it might work better? what do you guys think?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    I'm thinking about using apple cider vinegar in conjunction with Minoxidil...

I've heard apple cider vinegar reduces the sebum, which can act as a waxy type substance to prevent the Minoxidil from being properly absorbed by the hair follicles.... So maybe if the ACV is applied an hour before hand then the minoxidil it might work better? what do you guys think?
    Good luck with it, I was considering including minoxidil but have given up on it. ACV might indeed work by reducing inflamation & sebum and stimulating local circulation.. and interesting fact is that a very high percentage rate of balding people have inflamatory condition within their hair folicles.

PS. Be careful if You combine these two, to a degree if You use ACD undilluted, it can cause scalp redness.

yes it does! i use it once a week. it mkes it softer as well

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    yes it does! i use it once a week. it mkes it softer as well
    Paulie do you still use the ACV and if sho how do you apply it .

Be careful if you choose to drink it- it's extremely acidic and can cause problems.

Inactive

I have definitely found it useful in terms of treating my dry, itchy scalp. Aside from medication (a steroid given to me by my doctor), it's the only thing that I've found to treat my scalp when I have a break out. And while it doesn't treat hair loss in terms of MPB, I have found that I have more hair fall when my scalp is in bad condition... And when my scalp is healthy, the conditions are more conducive for healthier hair.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.