+ Reply to Thread

Smile Had My First Appointment With Dr. Charles

Well, I had my first appointment with Dr. Charles a week ago. I was really impressed and pleased with our conversation. He was honest and and to the point when it came to expectations and results. My hairline is practically gone now but he mentioned he's positive i could get good results since my hair is very dark so my donor area has a lot to offer and its thick which is a good thing. Every single questioned i had was answered honestly and realistically which gave me a big boost of confidence to have the surgery performed in the near future. He even offered me to come in and watch a surgery being performed at the moment if i wanted and also recommended that i talk to other top surgeons before i come to any conclusion.

In about a week or so i will also have another appointment with Dr. Bauman. After doing some research I was surprised at how many of the country's best ht surgeons are located here in Florida.

Also, I work as a restaurnat manager and i'm required to wear a hat at work all day so i asked him if that would be a problem and he said it's fine (actually he said that's even better so that people wouldn't see that i had a ht). I was concerned that somehow wearing a hat all day all the time after having the surgery would cause some problems or hurt the grafts but he assured me it would be fine. I trust him being one of the best in the field but i still wanted to ask you guys your opinion on that matter.

Desmond,

You are one of many who have this experience with Dr. Charles. World class talent without honesty does no good. Dr. Charles also is one of the few surgeons who personally will check up on you post-op, and it's because he sincerely cares about you as his patient.

And yes, I agree that the hat is okay post-op. Just be sure it is not tight fitting and that there is no undue tension on the sutures post-op. Make sure the hat has a band that is adjustable.

Best wishes to you Desmond in your quest to restore your hair!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Well, I had my first appointment with Dr. Charles a week ago. I was really impressed and pleased with our conversation. He was honest and and to the point when it came to expectations and results. My hairline is practically gone now but he mentioned he's positive i could get good results since my hair is very dark so my donor area has a lot to offer and its thick which is a good thing. Every single questioned i had was answered honestly and realistically which gave me a big boost of confidence to have the surgery performed in the near future. He even offered me to come in and watch a surgery being performed at the moment if i wanted and also recommended that i talk to other top surgeons before i come to any conclusion.

In about a week or so i will also have another appointment with Dr. Bauman. After doing some research I was surprised at how many of the country's best ht surgeons are located here in Florida.

Also, I work as a restaurnat manager and i'm required to wear a hat at work all day so i asked him if that would be a problem and he said it's fine (actually he said that's even better so that people wouldn't see that i had a ht). I was concerned that somehow wearing a hat all day all the time after having the surgery would cause some problems or hurt the grafts but he assured me it would be fine. I trust him being one of the best in the field but i still wanted to ask you guys your opinion on that matter.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with Dr. Charles. I look forward to hearing about your consultation with Dr. Bauman. It is really good to hear that you felt he was honest about expectations and results. good luck on your upcoming surgery (whenever it is).

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

Congrats on meeting with Dr. Charles--He is a great doc and goes the extra mile every time. While we want great work always, it is nice when it is done with a smile.

BTW--make sure the hat is brand new---no used hats immediately post-op!!!!

Take Care,
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

I did my second procedure with Dr. Charles in Boca Raton-Fl last week. my first procedure was with another doctor.
    I just want to say how happy I feel to change doctors. Dr. Charles and his crew are great, I felt like a king and most important is how I feel after the procedure.
    I remember that in my first procedure I did not feel like doing anythingfor days because of the pain, I just wanted to stay in bed. This time with Dr. Charles was completely different, the very next day after the procedure I was back with my normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by pchb View Post
    I did my second procedure with Dr. Charles in Boca Raton-Fl last week. my first procedure was with another doctor.
    I just want to say how happy I feel to change doctors. Dr. Charles and his crew are great, I felt like a king and most important is how I feel after the procedure.
    I remember that in my first procedure I did not feel like doing anythingfor days because of the pain, I just wanted to stay in bed. This time with Dr. Charles was completely different, the very next day after the procedure I was back with my normal life.
    Pchb,

Glad to hear how well things went for you and HAPPY GROWTH!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin