+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Capixyl

Default Capixyl

I haven't heard about this one in a while. There was some talk about it a few months ago, but then it dropped off the radar. I recently found this article, which seems to indicate that a product using Capixyl will be brought to market in March.

http://stemcellbaldnesscures.com/tre...ing-attention/

I am not sure what to make of the company's claims, I am just curious if anyone knows more about this. There seems to be very little information out there. I understand the company made its product available to users in France to trial, has anyone gotten ahold of the product and used it?

To me the prospect of a minoxidil-like treatment without the sides is exciting. I actually think minoxidil caused some of my sebhorrea, scalp inflammation, and subsequent hair loss, which is why I no longer use it. On the other hand, if this is another snake oil, perhaps we can all compare notes and debunk it now before a bunch of people go out and buy the stuff in March.

Hey Thinning@30, I'll respond to your last paragraph. The one side effect of minoxidil that you mentioned (subsequent hair loss) is precisely why I don't want to try minoxidil again. I've tried it in the past and it didn't do a damn thing, but I'm afraid that if I try it again, I will experience extensive hair loss. I know that shedding is supposed to be expected when you first start minoxidil but I've seen post on this and other forums where users experienced shedding, but did not regrow the hair that they shed. Plus, I think minoxidil is very ineffective for the most part anyway. Hell, I was watching a commercial for Rogaine yesterday during the football games and even on the commercial they showed before/after photos and there wasn't much difference between the two photos anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I haven't heard about this one in a while. There was some talk about it a few months ago, but then it dropped off the radar. I recently found this article, which seems to indicate that a product using Capixyl will be brought to market in March.

http://stemcellbaldnesscures.com/tre...ing-attention/

I am not sure what to make of the company's claims, I am just curious if anyone knows more about this. There seems to be very little information out there. I understand the company made its product available to users in France to trial, has anyone gotten ahold of the product and used it?

To me the prospect of a minoxidil-like treatment without the sides is exciting. I actually think minoxidil caused some of my sebhorrea, scalp inflammation, and subsequent hair loss, which is why I no longer use it. On the other hand, if this is another snake oil, perhaps we can all compare notes and debunk it now before a bunch of people go out and buy the stuff in March.
    Yeah, keep it floating around..you never know what might work.

On a similiar vein i.e non Minoxidi; I was hoping for great things from Spectral.F7...but nobody is posting updates yet...

Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately for me, minoxidil works pretty good. I'm saying unfortunately because I'm tired of using minox with all the itch and dandruff-like stuff it causes but it turns out it's minox that's doing most of the work if not all keeping my hair. I was hoping I'd be able to just use Fin alone but I don't think Fin is working for me. Now I know 100% that minox works (in my case). The last massive shed I had that lasted several months and cost me 25-30% of my hair has now stopped. What made it stop, well, me getting back on minox (kirkland or Rogaine brand) after a few months on some shitty product called "Dualgen" that claimed it had 15% minoxidil in it. It turns out that crap is nothing but a snake oil. Total waste of money and hair. I can say with confidence that shit (Dualgen 15%) does NOT work).

So, I'm feeling better that the shed has stopped but I'm pissed and depressed because of the amount of hair I lost, and all for nothing. I was hoping that shit Dualgen would give me the benefits of minox without the itch but...

Looks like I'll have to put up with all the irritation and dandruff-like stuff that minox causes but at least I know it's working and slowing down my hair loss. I am also taking Fin -just in case- but I don't think it's doing a damn thing. Still, I'm scared to death because I know minox is only slowing down the loss but not stopping it.

Hey VictimOfDHT, did you have any regrowth using minoxidil or did it just slow down your hair loss? Also, I know you've had several hair transplants and have been on Propecia for the past decade. How bad do you think your hair loss would have been had you not had those transplants and had you not started to take Propecia/Rogaine? You probably read in my other posts that Propecia is causing me side effects but I cannot afford not to take it because I am absolutely scared to death of going completely bald.

Depressedbyhairloss, I first started using Minoxidil in the 90's. Back then I had so much hair I wouldn't have been considered a hair loss sufferer except that I had a very minor recession in my temples. Minor like maybe 1/4 of an inch but nonetheless I was extremely terrified and unhappy about it. That's (in '99) when I had that stupid HT of only 300 grafts by the butchers (Bosley). Then I had a second HT (I can't remember but probably 800 grafts) a year or so later, then another one of the same number I think a year after that. To be honest, I might not have even had extensive hair loss at that time but even the slightest loss was too much for me to bear. In fact, I know I had more hair (in my hairline and temples) then than I have now after 4500 grafts. I don't know but the fear of this god damn curse (baldness) just got the best of me and like I told the doctor back then 'I don't see the hair that I have, I see the hair that I don't have', and again looking back at it, I wasn't really losing much but...
    Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I was never bald to begin with, so it was hard for me to see any difference after each HT. Ok, maybe the one I had back in 2004 or '05 there was a difference, because for some reason I had had a bad shed and that HT of 1700 grafts I had did make a difference and once again I looked like a guy with no hair loss problems at all. But once again I had another shed a couple of years back so I had another HT of 800 grafts to fill in my hairline and temples but not even a year after that I had this ****ing massive shed that's caused the most damage to my hair ever and made me look the thinnest I remember.
    So, it's really hard for me to know what I would've looked like without these HTs. Maybe I would've had more hair in my hairline. I don't know but I feel HTs do affect existing hair. I also have no way of knowing if Fin has any effects at all. As you know I've been on it for over a decade but like I said I feel it's the minox that's done the job for me. I'm saying this because the effects of Minox are almost immediately seen after stopping/restarting it. I can't say I've seen regrowth because I still have hair all over -although it's getting thinner as the years go by- and it would be impossible to see any new hairs triggered by minox when you don't have a bare scalp but I know for fact that getting back on minox always reduced my shedding from around 120-150 hairs a day to around 30-40. This is what's happening now. I was shedding more than 130 hairs a day for several months while on that garbage "Dualgen" but once I switched back to Kirkland's and Rogaine -it's been just over a month- I'm barely losing 20 or 30 hairs a day. I have the same experience every time I slack off with the use of minox or start skipping or even stopping altogether. I can't say the same with Fin. I've stopped it/got back on it several times over the years with no such effects.

I think this time with more scalp visible in the temples and hairline and also with visible thinning on top, I should be able to see if Minox brings those hairs back to life. I'm hoping it will but I don't think that's going to happen, but I know I'm NEVER again stopping Minox. I also know this has been nothing short of mental torture and a life destroying process -to me anyway.

Apparently, a product using Capixyl, called Hair Demand, is now on the market. It costs $150 per bottle--I can't tell how many treatments that would be.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...138564389.html

There are no before or after photos. The website selling the product mentions a 30 day guarantee, but also that three months of use are needed to see results.

After Renokin, Bioregenerative Sciences, TRX2, and other scams, I am skeptical, but there are a few reasons why I think it might not be B.S:

-Active ingredient biochanin A appears to be a DHT inhibitor
    -I found some articles suggesting that the ingredient acetyl tetrapeptide-3 has benefits with respect to collagen formation. Collagen loss in the scalp has been speculated to be a contributor in alopecia.
    -The website of Unipex Innovations,the manufacturer has links to en vivo and ex vivo clinical studies--I couldn't access these since they seem to be intended for potential distributors and a password is needed, but am very curious as to what methodologies were used. Unipex claims results are 46.0 percent better than Minoxidil.

The price is high for what the product claims to be, a topical that is slightly more potent than Minoxidil, and without Minoxidil's side effects. I don't think anyone should go out and buy this, but I am curious. Now that the product is on the market, perhaps the hair loss community can press the manufacturer and distributor for more information, or at least identify any false or misleading claims and expose them here.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Looks like I'll have to put up with all the irritation and dandruff-like stuff that minox causes but at least I know it's working and slowing down my hair loss.
    I have never heard of Minoxidil causing "dandruff-like" stuff. That certainly does not happen to me. However, if you haven't tried Rogaine foam already, give it a try. Rogaine foam is easier to use, less irritating and it is much more stealthy. Using Nizoral A-D shampoo once or twice per week as an adjunct to Minoxidil will help with any possible irritation - and likely the "dandruff-like" stuff too.

150 a BOTTLE!? Seems like it's WAYY too high, they would sell boatloads of their product at 30 a bottle and make tons of money, 150 is ridiculous without any pictures at all.

I have heard that Minoxidil can cause itching and irritation, and in some cases, may contribute to hair loss.

I stopped using Minoxidil for several reasons:
    -Both the foam and liquid forms made my head smell like rubbing alcohol
    -It was impossible to style my hair the way I wanted or even make my hair look presentable with Minoxidil in it. Both the foam and liquid versions made my hair look plastered to my head, which of course drew more attention to my thinning areas.
    -After a year of use, I could not discern any positive difference in my hair. If anything, I continued to lose hair during the time I was on it.
    -While using Minoxidil, I developed the worst case of dandruff/seborrhea and scalp itch that I have ever had. I can't say this was because of Minoxidil, but nothing like that had ever happened to me before.

For a while, I tried only using Minox at night right before bedtime, but it left unsightly yellow stains on my pillow cases. Nothing would remove the stains, and I had to throw the pillow cases away.