Thread: Capixyl

Threaded View

Apparently, a product using Capixyl, called Hair Demand, is now on the market. It costs $150 per bottle--I can't tell how many treatments that would be.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...138564389.html

There are no before or after photos. The website selling the product mentions a 30 day guarantee, but also that three months of use are needed to see results.

After Renokin, Bioregenerative Sciences, TRX2, and other scams, I am skeptical, but there are a few reasons why I think it might not be B.S:

-Active ingredient biochanin A appears to be a DHT inhibitor
    -I found some articles suggesting that the ingredient acetyl tetrapeptide-3 has benefits with respect to collagen formation. Collagen loss in the scalp has been speculated to be a contributor in alopecia.
    -The website of Unipex Innovations,the manufacturer has links to en vivo and ex vivo clinical studies--I couldn't access these since they seem to be intended for potential distributors and a password is needed, but am very curious as to what methodologies were used. Unipex claims results are 46.0 percent better than Minoxidil.

The price is high for what the product claims to be, a topical that is slightly more potent than Minoxidil, and without Minoxidil's side effects. I don't think anyone should go out and buy this, but I am curious. Now that the product is on the market, perhaps the hair loss community can press the manufacturer and distributor for more information, or at least identify any false or misleading claims and expose them here.