Thread: Capixyl

Threaded View

Depressedbyhairloss, I first started using Minoxidil in the 90's. Back then I had so much hair I wouldn't have been considered a hair loss sufferer except that I had a very minor recession in my temples. Minor like maybe 1/4 of an inch but nonetheless I was extremely terrified and unhappy about it. That's (in '99) when I had that stupid HT of only 300 grafts by the butchers (Bosley). Then I had a second HT (I can't remember but probably 800 grafts) a year or so later, then another one of the same number I think a year after that. To be honest, I might not have even had extensive hair loss at that time but even the slightest loss was too much for me to bear. In fact, I know I had more hair (in my hairline and temples) then than I have now after 4500 grafts. I don't know but the fear of this god damn curse (baldness) just got the best of me and like I told the doctor back then 'I don't see the hair that I have, I see the hair that I don't have', and again looking back at it, I wasn't really losing much but...
    Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I was never bald to begin with, so it was hard for me to see any difference after each HT. Ok, maybe the one I had back in 2004 or '05 there was a difference, because for some reason I had had a bad shed and that HT of 1700 grafts I had did make a difference and once again I looked like a guy with no hair loss problems at all. But once again I had another shed a couple of years back so I had another HT of 800 grafts to fill in my hairline and temples but not even a year after that I had this ****ing massive shed that's caused the most damage to my hair ever and made me look the thinnest I remember.
    So, it's really hard for me to know what I would've looked like without these HTs. Maybe I would've had more hair in my hairline. I don't know but I feel HTs do affect existing hair. I also have no way of knowing if Fin has any effects at all. As you know I've been on it for over a decade but like I said I feel it's the minox that's done the job for me. I'm saying this because the effects of Minox are almost immediately seen after stopping/restarting it. I can't say I've seen regrowth because I still have hair all over -although it's getting thinner as the years go by- and it would be impossible to see any new hairs triggered by minox when you don't have a bare scalp but I know for fact that getting back on minox always reduced my shedding from around 120-150 hairs a day to around 30-40. This is what's happening now. I was shedding more than 130 hairs a day for several months while on that garbage "Dualgen" but once I switched back to Kirkland's and Rogaine -it's been just over a month- I'm barely losing 20 or 30 hairs a day. I have the same experience every time I slack off with the use of minox or start skipping or even stopping altogether. I can't say the same with Fin. I've stopped it/got back on it several times over the years with no such effects.

I think this time with more scalp visible in the temples and hairline and also with visible thinning on top, I should be able to see if Minox brings those hairs back to life. I'm hoping it will but I don't think that's going to happen, but I know I'm NEVER again stopping Minox. I also know this has been nothing short of mental torture and a life destroying process -to me anyway.