+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Surgeons responses to gho's procedure

Hi, having read lots on this forum about dr Gho's procedure I decided to email many top surgeons for some input about hair stem cell transplantation and whether they would consider speaking to dr gho and look into it. I sent the following email:

Hi I wondered if you are offering this treatment or will be offering it soon. It's advertised by coen gho as hair stem cell transplantation and uses partial follicular unit extraction to multiply hairs from the donor region.

There was an interview by Spencer kobren on the bald truth talk radio show with Dr Gho back in July where he stated he would be willing to share his technique with other doctors.

His website is www.hasci.com and he has published a paper on this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20388024

I am contacting a number of leading surgeons regarding this as I feel the more involvement there is the better! There is certainly a demand for such a procedure!

I would be very grateful for your input!

Many thanks,

So far I have received two replies:

Dr konior:I do not offer treatments that have not undergone strict scientific scrutiny. Good luck with your research.
    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Dr kabaker:
    Dream on. We are no way near a method to multiply hairs. The clinical paper you sent essentially supports this. It only shows that a partial hair unit that might be harvested with poor technique has a better than expected survival potential when transplanted. Maybe someday in the distant future we can produce more hairs than exist on individual.

Sheldon S. Kabaker MD. ********Sent from my iPhone

I will update as I receive more replies. The way I see it is the more people who enquire about these techniques, the more chance there is that surgeons will at least trial them.

Quote Originally Posted by splitting hairs View Post
    So far I have received two replies:

Dr konior:I do not offer treatments that have not undergone strict scientific scrutiny. Good luck with your research.
    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Dr kabaker:
    Dream on. We are no way near a method to multiply hairs. The clinical paper you sent essentially supports this. It only shows that a partial hair unit that might be harvested with poor technique has a better than expected survival potential when transplanted. Maybe someday in the distant future we can produce more hairs than exist on individual.

Sheldon S. Kabaker MD. ********Sent from my iPhone

Why doesn't Dr Konior scrutinize it then?

Why doesn't Dr. Kabaker read the paper... it doesn't show that a partial hair unit has a better than expected survival potential when transplanted... it showed 100% regeneration

Inactive

My god i am totally shocked. THIS is the evil face of hair transplant industry. Wow they didnt even read the paper and sent an email from their mobile phones?

Wow, i was on their homepages and i was shocked especially with this Mister Lowering your hair line.

Good god i hope you posted those responses because of the comedy factor.

http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

Btw check this link out in terms of " Dream On we are nowhere near as bla bla yadda yadda"

Hmm... Well, it's not that rare to reply people from Iphones or Blackberrys or whatever else, it's actually very common, so nothing wrong with that. But that 'dream on' email was very cheeky and not professional.

But well done for the initiative Splitting Hairs. ALL of us should be doing this - I'll send a few emails myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Hmm... Well, it's not that rare to reply people from Iphones or Blackberrys or whatever else, it's actually very common, so nothing wrong with that.
    Exactly. Welcome to the year 2011 mate ;P

I emailed one of the top docs maybe 6 months ago about it. I explained I was a skeptic but that the method seemed to be gaining some attention etc etc. No reply.

We should send an invitation to Spencer to get to the bottom of this but he may not want to rock the boat on this. It seems to be early on with HST and it's still a bit hazy as to the limitations or possibilities. They could have all blasted Dr. Ray Woods back in the day over FUE but in time it turned out to be legitimate. I just can't think of anyway HSI could make such claims and then turn out to be a scam. Well maybe I am naive and they can keep unhappy patients quiet with money. DHI turned out to be disasterous so who knows.

I have been coming around on the idea that this could work because of that Italian paper on the phenomenon and Dr. Cole explaining that the phenomenon of donor regeneration is real but on a small scale. I want to be optimistic but I just don't know.

As ever, HST is definitely something to keep an eye but it's best to wait it out for now I think.

Inactive

Its not about Welcome to the year 2011 its about docs who clearly dont give a shit about patients and dont even READ the stuff people send them Kiwi.

If you embrce 2011 then why do you accept FUT butchery and shotgun hole FUE cars even knwoing that in terms of gealing and downtime HSt is even superior to FUE