+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

OF COURSE it's about women and sex!

Ever since we're young we're bombarded by images of "Prince Charming" complete with flowing locks.

If Prince Charming was bald, no man would ever think twice about it.

OF COURSE it's about women and sex!

Ever since we're young we're bombarded by images of "Prince Charming" complete with flowing locks.

If Prince Charming was bald, no man would ever think twice about it.
    That's what I think.

People tell me that it's not about women but about confidence. Well what do you need confidence for when it comes to your looks? Do you feel like you can't be confident at your JOB because you're losing your hair?

I always thought that when guys wanted their confidence back that it was all about the opposite sex.

I know that's my main motivation. I just wanted to get an idea of what other guys thought about it.

If you have a different motivation tell me about it. I'd like to know what other guys think.

It's not about attracting women, or at least it's not the only reason why we want to keep our hair. The simple fact is: bald is UGLY, whether we admit it or not. NO ****ing way in hell a bald head looks as good as a full head of hair. Look at any creature -that's naturally covered with hair- on this god damn planet and tell me what you think of it if it was missing hair. Look at a cat, dog, horse or whatever and tell me if you think it looks good when it has a bald spot on its skin or even worse, its head. Even my little finch looks like a scary freakish thing when it loses its feathers at the back of its head and neck. What's uglier than a rat ? A bald rat. I don't think baldness in humans is any different. Look at a beautiful woman with hair, and then look at her without hair. Amazing. Look at a lion with a beautiful thick mane, then look at it without it. It looks like a little *****.....

Hair is like a crown on the head of the average man. It's like being a king without being a king. I often wonder why it has such a huge effect on us but I can't figure out why. It just DOES. And I sure as hell would do anything to keep my hair even if I turn 100.

Quote Originally Posted by larryfine View Post
    That's what I think.

People tell me that it's not about women but about confidence. Well what do you need confidence for when it comes to your looks? Do you feel like you can't be confident at your JOB because you're losing your hair?

I always thought that when guys wanted their confidence back that it was all about the opposite sex.

I know that's my main motivation. I just wanted to get an idea of what other guys thought about it.

If you have a different motivation tell me about it. I'd like to know what other guys think.
    Hey larryfine.
    To answer your question. The mostly prevalent reason for me to get my hair back are women. I need hair to attract women.
    Sure there is something about myself looking good, but I don't spend each moment looking at myself in the mirror. So it is the women who are looking at me.

The other reasons why I would want my hair back are the sun which heats your head at summer, and cold weather at winter. Head feels warmer with hair. But these reasons are not so important. These problems can easily be fixed by hats and caps.

The confidence in doing my job, running 10 miles, climbing a mountain or solving a math equation does not come from having or not having a full head of hair.

It is as simple as that. Atleast for me .

The simple fact is: bald is UGLY, whether we admit it or not.
    But if there were no women would you care if you were UGLY? Why give a shit? If women didn't care what men looked like we'd all be 500 pounds, bald, and shitting our pants.

The confidence in doing my job, running 10 miles, climbing a mountain or solving a math equation does not come from having or not having a full head of hair.
    Exactly! I have confidence in myself when it comes to work or other activities but when it comes to women I can't muster up the courage to even say hello. I imagine her turning me down and then laughing with her friends about the young "bald freak" that tried to hit on her.

I used to care a lot about my hair, know I have accepted I will have a thinning crown at an early age and there is nothing I can do about it, why? because a stupid ass called carl bazan depleted my donnor area. He isn't even a real doctor, but I was stupid and younger.
    Now thanks to figures like prince william and other bald people that are embracing there condition, I think perhaps women will shift their point of view of hairs on a male. Besides I have asked this question to women(26 and up) and they don't place much importance on hair, it is the girls (26 and below) who place the most importance on it. So if you want to get laid, start looking for older women(26 and up), it has worked for me.

Yes, My main motivation is females. I'm 29 and was recently infatuated with a 23 year old. I don't think she noticed my thinning hair too much (I do my best to disguise it with long hair in the right places) but it was on my mind when I'd talk to her. For a 23 year old, a balding guy would be a freak of nature to socialize with. It would be very unlikely for her to know any balding guys at her age.

It's not just females though. I feel self conscious when I'm with friends too. Is somewhat surprising that as a nearly 30 year old absolutely no males I associate with are thinning whatsoever. That makes it hard for me because I'm one of a kind in my network of friends. If half of us were balding it may not impact me as much emotionally.

I echo most of the comments here. I'd definitely be concious now around women but I also find myself worrying about it just amongst friends even because they all have incredible hair. Self confidence has gone to shit. It's bloody tough to turn it around. Doesn't seem par for the course. I still don't know why it came as such a surprise, my father is a right old chrome dome. Guess I thought I'd make it to 35 like he did before it started to go.

I wish I had the balls to be one of those shaven headed badasses but it's just not me. I want my hair back. I always get optimistic about news on potential cures but if I'm realistic and not living in a fantasy land well it's just not going to happen. Time to man up and get the **** on with it I guess

Finasteride and transplants. What a joke. No thanks.

Is somewhat surprising that as a nearly 30 year old absolutely no males I associate with are thinning whatsoever.
    I've got the same problem. I'm the only one in my group of friends who is losing his hair. They usually don't say anything about it but I know they're thinking it.

And shit like this doesn't help either: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle...d-of-hair.html

I wish I had the balls to be one of those shaven headed badasses but it's just not me.
    I'd like to do that too. But I can't because my head isn't the right shape.

I would want to feel handsome even if women didn't exist (don't ask me why), but yes women's perception of me does amount for a lot of my motivation.