+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogaine Foam

Default Rogaine Foam

Hello
    I've been using rogaine foam for about 2 months now. I'm 36 and have balding (well, at this point I'd call it a bald spot-nothing left to fall out) at the back of my head in the crown area about 3-4 inches in diameter. I wear my hair really short (buzz cut-Army style), so the foam is easy to apply and dries almost instantly. I dont have any horrible shedding stories and in fact, the Hair i Use to see on my pillow in the morning has actually stopped. I'm not sure how much of a result I am getting (it's only been a couple of months), but I could swear that my bald spot is much less shiny now.
    I want to make sure that I am using/applying the foam the best I can and was hoping to get some answers from you that have used the product and been successful with it. I currently apply 2x a day, once in the morning after my shower (making sure that my head is toweled dry) and about a half hr before bed. Are these the usual times that people use? Is after a shower ok?
    Also, I use a half a cap (or at least what looks like a half of cap) and message in my scalp for 10-15 seconds. Does the foam need to be massaged into the scalp for longer period of time?
    Thanks for any help/suggestions

Well I don't have any answers for you but i was looking at rogainr and you just helped my decision a little , thank you.

I have been a long time Rogaine user, and a young one too. Well for the last 7 months I have been on Kirklands but had to switch back to Rogaine because Kirklands was giving me headaches, itchy scalp, making my head look like I had dandruff, but it did work, but of course with all of those consequences.

Me and Rogaine broke up last year because she was getting too expensive and I couldn't afford it anymore, but I did love her, I had no job, I was a student only. Now we're back together, taking one day at a time, talking things through. I also work now[coincidentally she gets back with me when I get a job, what a whore].

Well, let me answer your question, yes you're doing everything right. It sounds like you do exactly what I do, only that I use a lot more Rogaine than the bottle says to use. Rogaine is very good, it does not make my scalp itch, doesn't give me headaches, doesn't give me flakes. With Rogaine and Kirklands, you really do get what you pay for. Stay on it, if you feel good about it in just in 2 months, use it for 10 more months and you'll see things get even better.

BTW I read that Rogaine shouldn't be applied on wet hair, it has to be dry hair. But I would do a little more research on that if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    BTW I read that Rogaine shouldn't be applied on wet hair, it has to be dry hair. But I would do a little more research on that if I were you.

Why do you say that patient I just tried to research and only found a bunch of questions asking whether people could apply to wet hair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    Why do you say that patient I just tried to research and only found a bunch of questions asking whether people could apply to wet hair or not.
    Because I read it in Rogaine dot com cause I also wanted to know if it can be applied on wet hair. I personally towel dry my hair and wait 5 minutes for it try completely, then apply Rogaine foam.

You don't have to search that hard, it's in Rogaine's FAQ http://www.rogaine.com/men/faq

"Can I apply ROGAINEŽ to wet hair?

The people in our clinical studies were advised to completely dry their hair and scalp before applying ROGAINEŽ. However, that's not always possible. We suggest that you at least towel-dry your hair before applying ROGAINEŽ, so that your hair is no longer dripping."

http://www.rogaine.com/men/faq#quest...ddb074f473b356

^Never mind that post. That's not even Rogaine Foam, that's solution. Silly me.

Ok I was confused I thought you were trying to hint that it has some kind of a better effect on wet hair. Interestingly enough i found one post that said it was absorbed better after applying to damp scalp after shower and towel dry.