+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr. Rahal vs. Other Surgeons

Why does it seem that the work that Dr. Rahal performs is significantly better than most other doctors? I've looked at the before and after pictures on the websites of hair doctors, and none compare to the before and after pictures on Dr. Rahal's page. Is Dr. Rahal's work really that much better?

It depends on the doctors you are comparing Dr. Rahal to. There are certainly others who can perform surgery at a comparable caliber to him. While I had chosen to have my procedure done by Dr. Rahal, there are many other patients who have been operated on by other physicians with outstanding results as well.

For me, I was convinced that Dr. Rahal was the right choice partly because of location. However, what really solidified my decision was his overall manner, professionalism and experience. He is a truly dedicated physician without question who keeps the interests of his patients at heart. People like him are hard to find. However, from what I have read, there are a handful of hair transplant surgeons out there like him, albeit a very small number of them. The difficulty is often in educating yourself enough be able to make an informed decision about which doctor you go with. That's why forums like this are great.

On another note, one of the best ways to truly assess the quality of a doctor's results is to see patients in person if at all possible. It is so difficult to judge simply from photographs.

Good post and advice Plum!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin