+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 210 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Inactive

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    How would replicel work around the hairline?
    I don't think anyone can know that until more trials have been done to determine how much hair regrowth Replicel typically promotes at various radii from the injection site.

Inactive

maybe my crappy paint diagram shows this better than i can explain
    It's a good illustration of the concept, but I don't know that we can assume hair growth promoted by Replicel would manifest itself in evenly distributed, circular patterns radiating out from the injection site. It's logical, but there may prove to be more to it than that.

The stock activity happening as soon as it did means SOMETHING went right. Again I'm only 20 so I don't know that much about finance but from what I gather something positive is coming. Big or small progress is still progress. I'll take any positive news I can get at this point and I'm looking forward to April.

Two things happen:
    1. The hair strength and thickness become weak and are unable to push through the skin
    2. The follicile continues to get strangled to the point that the cycle is so short, it might as well not even exist. I don't think they ever go dormant, but perhaps they do. Something tells me the truly dormant cells cannot "restart" without a growth stimulant.

RepliCel's transplantation of DHT 'resistant' Dermal Sheath Cups will harden the 'non-resistant' DSC's and hopefully in doing so it will allow nutrient absorption and given enough time, those hair folliciles will return to their normal growth cycles. I wouldn't be surprised if a successful turn around on advanced cases is at least a year. Those early in the stages might see it within a few months depending on cycle.

RepliCel believes new folliciles might form, but its hard to say if that would absolutely happen. But if it does, thats why I believe a hairline HT might still be necessary to regain a non-haphazard hair line.

Its also why I proposed that if new hair DOES grow, injections near the hair line will be smaller in size to prevent odd patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Two things happen:
    1. The hair strength and thickness become weak and are unable to push through the skin
    2. The follicile continues to get strangled to the point that the cycle is so short, it might as well not even exist. I don't think they ever go dormant, but perhaps they do. Something tells me the truly dormant cells cannot "restart" without a growth stimulant.

RepliCel's transplantation of DHT 'resistant' Dermal Sheath Cups will harden the 'non-resistant' DSC's and hopefully in doing so it will allow nutrient absorption and given enough time, those hair folliciles will return to their normal growth cycles. I wouldn't be surprised if a successful turn around on advanced cases is at least a year. Those early in the stages might see it within a few months depending on cycle.

RepliCel believes new folliciles might form, but its hard to say if that would absolutely happen. But if it does, thats why I believe a hairline HT might still be necessary to regain a non-haphazard hair line.

Its also why I proposed that if new hair DOES grow, injections near the hair line will be smaller in size to prevent odd patterns.
    I dont think an HT would be necesary...like you said they could simply reduce the dose in such a way that the radius of the migrating cells is small and when injecting consecutive injections in a straight line...the hairline would be approximately a straight hairline.

take jpm's graph and reduce the radius of every circle...they will make a straight hairline like that.

I don't care for a patchy hairline...beggars can't be choosers. I just wanna get out of my house...w/o a hat.
    Last edited by Maradona; 03-30-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: bald brothas buy your lotery tickets.

How would replicel work around the hairline? If you inject 10 times for example, along the hairline it will just be really patchy. I thought of you injected something into your scalp then in would spread out in a circle under the skin and the hairs would grow in a circle pattern. Not a problem on the top of your head because they will all overlap. But trying to create a straight hairline?
    You don't actually WANT a totally straight hairline. HT docs deliberately create an irregular hairline because it looks more natural - some IMO go a bit overboard even.

With Replicel (and Histogen) the radius of action from an injection is believed to be about 2mm. So if those circles are 4mm apart and the hairs are going to be growing at random locations within that 4mm circle, you won't have to worry about the hairline looking weird, it should still look totally natural. If, for some reason, hair does grow up in weird places along the hairline you could get it removed, either surgically or, more likely, by laser hair removal.

Which would be kind of ironic, wouldn't it? "Yeah, had too much hair so I had to get some removed." Pretty much everybody here would like to be able to say that, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt
    Well, they do have proof that new follicles form in mice, so it should happen in humans too. The question is whether it's going to be enough to fill in areas that are slick bald and too far gone for the follicles to regenerate. Probably not, judging by the mouse photos, or at least not yet.

I agree though, HTs may still be necessary. A lot of people are saying guys like Rassman oppose Replicel because it'll put them out of a job, but that's only true in the absolute best-case scenario, which Aderans has already shown isn't likely to happen. If Replicel restores damaged follicles and prevents further balding, maybe grows a few new hairs but not back to a full NW1, then I think HT docs are going to have MORE work, not less - a lot more. Because suddenly guys who are NW6 or heading there don't have to worry so much about running out of hair, and are going to need 1000-2000 grafts to perfect their hairlines and maybe fill in areas that didn't get good growth from Replicel.

For instance if you're like me, a full NW3 with a thinning NW6, and Replicel grows back my NW6 zone but only has spotty results in my slick bald NW3, then I'm going for FUE, not more Replicel. As it is, I've made the decision I'm not having any HTs because I know I don't have enough donor hair to make it look fully natural.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ^ not true. Those injected cells can also create BRAND NEW FOLLICLES that may appear anywhere within that "injection circle"..
    @2020

@kiwi

@ others on replicel's d**k

still waiting for results.......

I still think the best method would be FUE for the first cm or 2 then Replicel behind. It remains to be seen of course. I'm thinking kind of along the lines of the FUE Sean had done with Dr. Rahal. Replicel could probably keep the rest of the hair for him.

do we know if the results will be the beginner of april or end?

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    do we know if the results will be the beginner of april or end?
    They said late April so probably at the end of the month.