+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 210 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Horrible results. Almost insignificant statistically. And there was David Hall saying anything above 30% would be a massive success. Time to move on.

I like the lateral thinking of growing follicles on mice and transplanting them. Interesting. I'll take 100 mice please!
    Time to move on, indeed.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Supersixx View Post
    keep in mind that men are outnumbered 6-1
    Where? In a women's prison?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Where? In a women's prison?
    I think I will be out-weighted 6-1 by the woman I end up with.

Just better not let her go on top eh.

I'm not defending Replicel or their results, which to be fair are not good at all. Regardless of the abysmal results, there are a lot of interesting questions yet to be answered, some of which have been mentioned before.

What will happen to those vellus hairs over time?

How would the vellus hairs be affected by repeated injections, if at all?

Is the treatment compoundable?

Does the treatment inoculate the native hairs from DHT?

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    I'm not defending Replicel or their results, which to be fair are not good at all. Regardless of the abysmal results, there are a lot of interesting questions yet to be answered, some of which have been mentioned before.

What will happen to those vellus hairs over time?

How would the vellus hairs be affected by repeated injections, if at all?
    As I understand things, say every single one of those vellus hairs turns terminal. Meaning a 12.5% increase in terminal hairs. This is on par with minox results, correct? i.e. by no means any better than current hair treatments, best case scenario?

Clandestine, On the surface I would say that is probabably close to best case scenario not taking into account a possible compounding and/or innoculative effect. But I am very curious to hear from David Hall as what their thinking is regarding why further development could take this to a meaningful level of effectiveness. Because, IMO, their veracity has been damaged by the advertising fiasco, I would like to hear and see how they address this, as oppossed to just what they say. In other words, do they really believe there is a reasonable possibility that they could substantially improve effectiveness or is this just a play to draw this out so insiders can gradually sell the millions of shares of stock they all have. A portion of their stock gets released each quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    As I understand things, say every single one of those vellus hairs turns terminal. Meaning a 12.5% increase in terminal hairs. This is on par with minox results, correct? i.e. by no means any better than current hair treatments, best case scenario?
    Well its better in the sense that there should be no sides, no constant application 2x daily, it will work on everyone, the hairs will be permanent and it could be compoundable.

All assumptions at this stage, but if that is the case then it is better than current treatments....price excluded

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Actually that would put terminals over 15%, remember, they showed 3.1% increase in terminals. And if compoundable, then the procedure would be worth something. If it's not compoundable, then it's not going to be worth the money they'd have to charge to get the treatment done. It will not be marketable.

And it also depends on if their results are long lasting, unlike minox which a) doesn't last long after you stop, b) does nothing to interfere with the balding process, and c) completely sucks a$$ to drench your head in the crap twice a day. So there still may be a way forward for Replicel, but it certainly looks pretty grim with this as a starting point.

Gotta say, i'm liking Follica's approach more and more. Keep silent, work hard and get something that is effective before you run your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Actually that would put terminals over 15%, remember, they showed 3.1% increase in terminals. And if compoundable, then the procedure would be worth something. If it's not compoundable, then it's not going to be worth the money they'd have to charge to get the treatment done. It will not be marketable.

And it also depends on if their results are long lasting, unlike minox which a) doesn't last long after you stop, b) does nothing to interfere with the balding process, and c) completely sucks a$$ to drench your head in the crap twice a day. So there still may be a way forward for Replicel, but it certainly looks pretty grim with this as a starting point.

Gotta say, i'm liking Follica's approach more and more. Keep silent, work hard and get something that is effective before you run your mouth.
    Whats the situation with Follica then?? I know so little about them lol

Great, thanks for the insightful replies alchemist, jpm, pinotq.