+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Propecia beware sexual side effects may be permanent

After taking 1/4 of a Propecia tablet yesterday, I have decided not to take Propecia. I went on Google and searched for Propecia side effects.

I found this link:

http://www.propeciasideeffects.com/

and this link

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/mar...blems-20110318

The Los Angeles times article dated two days ago, March 18, 2011 was a big concern. Apparently more guys are having sexual side effects than reported in the trials for Propecia. Apparently, these side effects can be permanent.

For me the cost benefit ratio is too risky on this issue!

Thank God I did a search and found these links before it is too late. I don't know about you, but I got the hair transplant so I would look good to women, what good would it be with a reduced sex drive, and/or inability to get a good erection.

I think there will be more to come about the LA time article. I emailed my doctor the links and will talk about it with him on Monday.

Smart move Stormlaw...ITs not worth it at all.
    Scientists are just beginning to learn how deadly a drug propecia really is.

I agree, seriously I always say this is an age-old drug, like removing your leg to treat chronic knee pain, some people report lower test levels even years after quitting this drug, seriously I am at the perfect time to take Propecia, its early, but I dont wanna take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I agree, seriously I always say this is an age-old drug, like removing your leg to treat chronic knee pain, some people report lower test levels even years after quitting this drug, seriously I am at the perfect time to take Propecia, its early, but I dont wanna take the risk.

Don't then.

I assume you're from the UK. I don't know why but there is SO many UK sufferers coming on to the boards the past few years, it's uncanny. I honestly think we've got weaker endoctrine systems or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mens Rea View Post
    Don't then.

I assume you're from the UK. I don't know why but there is SO many UK sufferers coming on to the boards the past few years, it's uncanny. I honestly think we've got weaker endoctrine systems or something.
    The most retarded thing I've ever heard someone say considering you are actually serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez View Post
    The most retarded thing I've ever heard someone say considering you are actually serious.
    Doctors have been speculating on different reasons why some people might be predisposed to finasteride effects. There's clearly some factors involved, we just aren't sure which. But its a certainty that some people have shown a sensitivty to the drug. Many guys found their testosterone levels fall through the floor.

My observation is that there seems to be a disproportionate amount of UK sufferers hence there is an apparent extra propensity here.

So if you think my comment is retarded maybe it's you that is academically challenged...

So what exactly are those genetic differences between people born in the UK or those born in Scandinavia or Germany? Maybe people with blue or green eyes shouldn't take finasteride? Perhaps blondes or redheads should avoid the drug?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez View Post
    So what exactly are those genetic differences between people born in the UK or those born in Scandinavia or Germany? Maybe people with blue or green eyes shouldn't take finasteride? Perhaps blondes or redheads should avoid the drug?
    I don't know about specific genetic differences but obviously there are variations across the globe so its not an outlandish statement whatsoever.

Someone predisposed to estrogen dominance or people that have had to use HRT in the past are definately not good candidates for finasteride. Dr Crisler posited that people exhibiting vitamin D deficiency might be more susceptible to side effects. I would say people with already low DHT, people with adrenal issues, or people with low 3-adiol-G and suchlike are definately more at risk. Since we don't know the specific hormonal makeup of the general population of UK in comparison to the US for instance, it remains speculation that UK people may in fact be more at risk.

I think you've just involved yourself in a conversation you know nothing about, quite frankly. But yeah , go for it, try act clever and make yourself look even more out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by stormlaw View Post
    After taking 1/4 of a Propecia tablet yesterday, I have decided not to take Propecia. I went on Google and searched for Propecia side effects.

I found this link:

http://www.propeciasideeffects.com/

and this link

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/mar...blems-20110318

The Los Angeles times article dated two days ago, March 18, 2011 was a big concern. Apparently more guys are having sexual side effects than reported in the trials for Propecia. Apparently, these side effects can be permanent.

For me the cost benefit ratio is too risky on this issue!

Thank God I did a search and found these links before it is too late. I don't know about you, but I got the hair transplant so I would look good to women, what good would it be with a reduced sex drive, and/or inability to get a good erection.

I think there will be more to come about the LA time article. I emailed my doctor the links and will talk about it with him on Monday.
    I agree with some of what you say, and am in a similar situation.

I personally don't think I'll take the risk, but I understand that others will come to a different conclusion.

I don't deny that thousands of men around the world take propecia with few (if any) side effects, but there are clearly a small proportion who experience extremely nasty side effects. Despite some on this forum trying to convince themselves that somehow this group have decided to make the whole thing up for what ever reason.

A lot of my friends take recreational drugs, mainly ecstacy at weekends. I know that millions take this drug occasionally and are totally fine and indeed have a great time doing so. However, I never have, mostly due to the potential risk, even 1 in 10,000 of having a fatal adverse reaction. I look at taking propecia in the same way, and its not a risk I'm willing to take, however small the chance of having problems. I realise many are willing to take the risk, and fair play to them. Each to their own, just thought I'd share my opinion.

I've been using Minoxidil foam with some success for a few months. Definitely maintaining what I have, and possible regrowth around crown.

I've been on 5% Minox foam myself for around one month, few baby hairs appearing.

Far as I'll go tho, everytime I think of Propecia, I suddenly think twice, scary shit, I like my **** as it is, losing that and possibly gaining permanent breasts would induce far more depression in me than I'm experiencing sans Prop P.

But good luck to the responders, just seems like Russian roulette to me, ****, it hardly grows your hairline back by all accounts? Too risky.