+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 225 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Did you read the post above yours?

Yes, I do undertand the science involved a little more than the average person. Another person asked for my opinion and I gave it. I am entitled to have an opinion - and I am entitled to give that opinion if someone asks for it, even if it isn't popular think positive around here.
    Don't be discouraged by these negative posts. A lot of people on this forum appreciate what you have to say. Please continue and thanks for all you do on this forum.

I hope that everyone is clear on the fact that when they state that there was a 50% or whatever it was increase from the baseline count at 3 months, that they don't mean a 50% increase of what a full head of hair is, they mean a 50% increase in the hair that was presently there.

Thus, if one if these pictures from Histogen says it had a 60% increase in an area where there was only 20% of their original hair, that really the hsc only made them have an increase of around 10% from what their full head of hair would be. anyone following me here??? maybe im stupid and you all already know this....

So when will this be available in Asia? It would help with the funding for next phase trials.
    We need another interview Spencer...

Questions

Did HST work to some degree on all patients?
    What were the norward scales of the male patients being treated and was it tested in slick bald areas?
    How are the 24 patients from the pilot study, is there hair continuing to grow and is DHT having any effect on the hair they have grown and there existing hair?
    Has it been tested in areas of transplanted hair?
    Release in Asia 2013

Love your work Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    let's be a realistic here. this result was for women who have low DHT, mild and recent hair loss.

won't grow hair in bald scalps that have been bald for years.

By the time this comes out we will be a nw7. You need to maintain to get some results that may not even happen because we don't know the results on MAN.

I achieved this same result but had to drop minox because of sides.

In resume all this is: a minoxidil on steroids.

Still helpful and you don't have to apply daily.
    First of all, how do you know the woman's hair loss was recent? Her hair could have miniaturized a decade ago and just stayed miniaturized. It happens a lot in women - they get stressed out and a bunch of hair falls out at 18 or so, but minoxidil still works on them at 30 because the follicles are still there. Don't know if it's the same in men, but it's the case in a lot of women - their thinning happens all at once and just stays as is, not getting any worse.

And there have been results in men, even more so in phase I/II than in the pilot study. Who knows, if Replicel can improve their results, maybe a combination of Histogen and Replicel can regrow hair in a bald scalp.

And this is much more than "minoxidil on steroids." Histogen and Minoxidil shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. Histogen actually turns miniaturized follicles back to terminal - minoxidil does no such thing. In fact, I'm inclined to believe that minoxidil doesn't actually do shit for your follicles - the only reason it makes your hair appear thicker is that it gets all the follicles on the same "schedule" so that they're all breaking the scalp surface at the same time, creating the appearance of more hair. And it may possibly lengthen the anagen phase. But i don't think it actually helps the follicles at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jgold View Post
    I hope that everyone is clear on the fact that when they state that there was a 50% or whatever it was increase from the baseline count at 3 months, that they don't mean a 50% increase of what a full head of hair is, they mean a 50% increase in the hair that was presently there.

Thus, if one if these pictures from Histogen says it had a 60% increase in an area where there was only 20% of their original hair, that really the hsc only made them have an increase of around 10% from what their full head of hair would be. anyone following me here??? maybe im stupid and you all already know this....
    I dont think thats exactly true. Im not 100% sure but the comparison between baseline and haircount after the treatment only puts the numbers into a relation between each other.

lets assume HSC revitalizes shrunken hair follicles :

1. Early stage of MPB where 50% of the follicles are out of business (Shrunk) and 50% are perfectly active
    -->50% increase from baseline means you end up with 75% hair (of your original state before MPB) and therefore lets say HSC will have a succes rate of 50% on shrunken follicles (The other 50% lets say are gone period)

2. Progressed stage of MBP where only 20% of the follicles are still perfectly active
    --> of the 80% inactive, HSC will "wake up" half of them (Ergo 40%) so in the end you will jump from 20% to 60% of your original state before MBP (in comparison to example 1 where you only jump from 50% to 75%.

This is all hypothetical. I just wanted to show that only because you compare trial results to haircount from baseline does not mean that if you are completely bald, that you will not get back some hair from HSC

It all depends on how HSC works exactly (We dont know), how it will effect shrunken follicles (We dont know) and if it does anything to follicles that so many here call "dead" (we dont know)

But i cant wait for further resuults. Histogen has done so extremely well, im sure they will even make HSC more effective than it is now in the next stages of the trials

your wrong because if hsc made 80% of the 20% of the hair you had in an area wake up, then only 30% total would be awake not the higher number that you suggested.

excuse me 35%

percentages their using are based on the amount of hair that they did have, not the amount of hair that they do not have

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    So when will this be available in Asia? It would help with the funding for next phase trials.
    We need another interview Spencer...

Questions

Did HST work to some degree on all patients?
    What were the norward scales of the male patients being treated and was it tested in slick bald areas?
    How are the 24 patients from the pilot study, is there hair continuing to grow and is DHT having any effect on the hair they have grown and there existing hair?
    Has it been tested in areas of transplanted hair?
    Release in Asia 2013

Love your work Spencer
    We don't need an interview for those questions, we can answer them already.

1. No, it didn't. A few had no significant results, most had somewhere around the average, and a few had excellent results significantly better than average.

2. NW4-6, not tested in slick bald areas.

3. The pilot study did not evaluate hair growth at 24 months (only safety) but said "new hair appeared to persist." No evidence on how long HSC lasts before DHT reasserts itself.

4. No. Transplanted hair was an exclusion criterion for the trial so anybody who had a transplant couldn't be in the trial.

5. Seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
    --> of the 80% inactive, HSC will "wake up" half of them (Ergo 40%) so in the end you will jump from 20% to 60% of your original state before MBP (in comparison to example 1 where you only jump from 50% to 75%.
    But an increase from 20 to 60% of original hair would be a 200% increase in hair count. We haven't seen anything that high yet, but it could happen.

jgold is right. A 50% increase in terminal hair if you only have 10% original terminal remaining is only 15% of original terminal hair. You would need a 400% increase to get back to 50% original terminal hair.

Given that we've seen these results from just two sets of injections, who knows what three or four, or more, sets might do?