+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 225 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    if only time can tell, why do you tell so much crap now?
    Shut up douche bag.

LOVE YOUR WORK TRACY

I hope Histogen can regrow hair on my temples, as of now I would need a lot of grafts to fix my hairline. So depressed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    But an increase from 20 to 60% of original hair would be a 200% increase in hair count. We haven't seen anything that high yet, but it could happen.
    You are absolutely right. But what i wanted to point out is that many people are concerned, that the trial was done on men with thinning hair and not on bald guys. And that is has no effect on bald guys because of the results being compared to baseline in %.

Say the thinning guys in the trial have 100 follicles in the target area and 50 are sleeping, hsc can only wake up the 50 sleeping follicles because the others are allready growing hair.

With a bald guy you have 100 of 100 sleeping so HSC has more to work with. And since no bald guys were in the trial we cant tell if the 200% increase you mentioned wouldnt have happened.

It could, we simply dont know until they test in on a bald guy

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I hope Histogen can regrow hair on my temples, as of now I would need a lot of grafts to fix my hairline. So depressed right now.
    I feel you man, my mpb started 1.5 years ago when i was 23 and its pretty agressive. Im thinning from hair line to the crown at the same fast rate, hair line is receeding simultaniously

I dont think i will last till hsc hits the market (i hope Fin does its job, cant tell yet), but i would rather safe the HT money for when it does

Edit: But i have to say that Histogens results improved my MPB depression massively. Now we know they are on the right track to cure this shitty "disease"

@TracyC
    You took one of my sentences out of context and indirectly portrayed me as a negative nancy.
    What I said was that Replicel was a failure from a viewpoint of an end user trying to grow visibly and cosmetically sufficent amount of hair. Which is the only one that matters. I believe dr. Cole said it as it is in the interview thread with David Hall about the trial results. Basically they haven't provided any pictures about any form of cosmetical improvement concerning their treatment.

Replicel wasn't a failure from a viewpoint of growing new hair with DSC cells. They actually succeded. However that doesn't mean much to balding man and women out there.
    But hey if you wanna' believe 'em you do that.

So much speculation on this thread now. It is exciting that they are making strides. At least we can look forward to perhaps a 6 month update and after that the 1 year update. It is unfair to compare HSC to Minox because you lose all the hair that you gained after you stop using it. Also, you need to apply it twice a day for the rest of your life.

We also need to remember that this was only a poster presentation. I see people on other forums are complaining about the pictures of the women and the men only had macros. I am not certain what people expect, these photos are from a clinical trial and need to show accurate haircount. Showing us a picture of a man growing hair won't do any good because I don't think that is what the regulators want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    4. No. Transplanted hair was an exclusion criterion for the trial so anybody who had a transplant couldn't be in the trial.
    probably because it does permanent damage. Even Replicel mentions this:

In addition, hair transplantation surgery inflicts considerable scalp tissue damage, while our procedure generates virtually no tissue damage.
    The worst possible thing you can do right now, is get a hair transplant...

For what it's worth, Replicel just released positive news. Apparently their results are better than they originally thought.

http://www.replicel.com/further-anal...linical-trial/

I'll be honest, it seems a little fishy to me. I don't know if this is for real, or if they just skewed some data to ameliorate the public's opinion of them, but it could be legit. It's great news if it is.

Also, wanted to point out one thing. The photos of the woman on the Histogen poster that everyone has been talking about - she really appears to have MPB. It's less common, but it happens - women can have male pattern baldness (receding hairline and bald areas), while men can lose hair in the female pattern (overall thinning). This woman has a receding hairline, and the product still worked very well in the temple area. This should be a promising sign to all, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    I'll be honest, it seems a little fishy to me. I don't know if this is for real, or if they just skewed some data to ameliorate the public's opinion of them, but it could be legit. It's great news if it is.
    To be honest, these results are closer to what I was expecting. Though I did think more than seven study participants would have results like this. It is still a good sign that they are on the right track though. I am looking forward to the 12 month results.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    Also, wanted to point out one thing. The photos of the woman on the Histogen poster that everyone has been talking about - she really appears to have MPB. It's less common, but it happens...
    For the sake of clarity, yes it is possible. However many women can develop this hair line by frequently wearing their hair pulled back tight, which can cause traction alopecia in the hair line.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again. I have seen your hair, including your hair line, and you look fine.