Threaded View

Default Complacent Industry ??

Dr Hitzig
    On a related matter, but slightly different direction. Are you happy with the number of clinics that have commenced trials to either prove/disprove the plucking technique with the potential of developing it into a viable product. I mean, there is a real threat from the hair multiplication world (Aderans, Histogen, Follica) that HM could come to the market in around 2014-15. What will this do to the business of the traditional hair transplant clinics if they suddenly loose 50% of their customers to say e.g. Bosley because they have a product (hybrid transplant+Aderans) that is far superior (unlimited donor, potentially scarless, high density, etc) than traditional transplants. I know myself, if I was in the business and wanted to remain competitive I would be looking to develop a product that was at least equal or at worst a niche product to be used as an adjunct to superior hair multiplication products. Autocloning with Acell I believe (my own belief that is) is the only hope that exists for many clinics if they want to remain in the game unless they can get in on the hair multiplication action. Yet my feeling from what I read is that it is experimental and we will wait and see in a few years. Are these guys actually doing any form of trials ? Are they sharing detailed information on these trials ? From the accounts on the internet is seems like perhaps 6 or so clinics unless of course others are doing it in secret. Time is ticking for this industry before a major HM shake-up , traditional hair transplant clinics need a new product, and they need it very soon. Consumers are not silly, they will vote with their feet and buy the best product on the market and the contest between limited vs unlimited donor is a no brainer. Either the owners of the traditional HT clinics are completely aware of the treat to their business or have become complacent. If they choose not to collaborate and develop a better product then perhaps it will be a lesson for them to collaborate when it comes time to update their curriculum vitae for their next jobs.
    Anyway, just food for thought.