+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Default More Confident

With experience over the past 2+ years comes more confidence. We have slowly increased the size of the Transplant sessions gaining further security as the results have come in. One should crawl before they walk, we have done both

Default PRP + ACell

We have seen results in all areas of the scalp. Very recent research indicates that MPB begins with DEFECTIVE STEM CELLS in the affected areas of the scalp. I believe that the combo works because we are injecting activated Adult Stem Cells into microwounds that we create with the injection needles thereby initiating a repair process that uses healthy uninjured stem cells to re-model the hair follicles. Time will tell but the early results are promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hitzig MD View Post
    We have seen results in all areas of the scalp. Very recent research indicates that MPB begins with DEFECTIVE STEM CELLS in the affected areas of the scalp. I believe that the combo works because we are injecting activated Adult Stem Cells into microwounds that we create with the injection needles thereby initiating a repair process that uses healthy uninjured stem cells to re-model the hair follicles. Time will tell but the early results are promising.
    Thank you for your response, I was just wondering will you be posting your 9 month Acell+Arterial Blood/PRP results photos soon.

Inactive

Question type of grafts

Dear Dr. Hitzig,

Which type of grafts do you use for the normal HT procedure part?

I mean, when you dissect/prepare hair follicles/grafts under the microscope, which type of FU’s do you finally use for implantation? Do you use/prefer “skinny” (‘skeletonized’) grafts, rather than “chubby” grafts?

If the latter (chubby), I would be surprised that the ACell/PRP suspension you inject is able to 1) “use healthy uninjured stem cells” from the transplanted grafts (through migration/signaling), what 2) finally would explain the additional (healthy) hair follicles in the recipient side.

imho, the type of grafts as well as storage time and storage medium (e.g. ACell/PRP combo) surely plays an important role too for any ‘cloning’ (additional hairs) in the recipient side. The type of injection (HOW you inject the suspension) might play a role too. I think only some small comparison procedures (i.e. any ‘imaginary boxes’ in the crown etc) in the recipient side brings more light into this issue.

All in all, I believe that just a ACell/PRP or ACell/arterial blood combo for injection alone (without HT grafts from the back of the head) is NOT able to grow a damn healthy thing in bald areas. That's the other point.

Default Answering Both

Yes, I will be posting pictures soon. There was a constructional accident to my office building around Thanksgiving forcing an emergency evacuation (the building is on stantions and was in danger of collapse). We are getting back in today and this has significantly delayed our work).

As far as grafts, I was talking only about injections, not transplants. Mixing one's own isolated adult stem cells with ACell results in a pre-activated progenitor cell suspension which forms a temporary scaffold and structure for remodelling the hair follicles. The injections also serve to damage the follicles to initiate the repair process. This can only work in areas where alive miniaturizing hairs exist, and please forgive me if I gave the wrong impression in a prior post. You can't revive the dead, either human or hair follicle.

Inactive

... and please forgive me if I gave the wrong impression in a prior post. You can't revive the dead, either human or hair follicle.
    Oops, sorry Dr. Hitzig, I’ve just noticed that it's not your fault but mine, because I thought you’re talking about a combination procedure (traditional HT procedure + in addition ACell/PRP injections between the transplanted grafts).
    So this type of approach concerning reactivating (“re-model”) miniaturized follicles – that's REALLY INTERESTING, I have to say.

Anyway, THANKS for your response!

p.s. "You can't revive the dead, either human or hair follicle."
    And what represents -per definition- a "miniaturized follicle" vs. a "dead follicle"?
    Is a dead follicle like a dead mouse in a trap and is a miniaturized follicle like a mouse with a broken neck in a trap, but the mouse is still alive?

Inactive

You can't revive the dead, either human or hair follicle.
    But is it true that the follicles are really dead, or are they still alive but non-productive? As one of the many recent articles about the research from the University of Pennsylvania said:

Men with male-pattern baldness still have hair - it's just very tiny and delicate. Their follicles are much smaller and they produce "vellus" hair shafts that are correspondingly smaller and gossamer-thin.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HairRobinHood View Post
    p.s. "You can't revive the dead, either human or hair follicle."
    And what represents -per definition- a "miniaturized follicle" vs. a "dead follicle"?
    Is a dead follicle like a dead mouse in a trap and is a miniaturized follicle like a mouse with a broken neck in a trap, but the mouse is still alive?
    By the way ...

Hair follicle stem cells repair nerves & spinal cord - Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_KYKp0EyoI

Hair follicle stem cells repair nerves & spinal cord - Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSPW3cMdNU

The question is, what happens if you apply just "ACell" to the mouse's nerve or spinal cord? I guess in this case, ACell could have the ability to repair the nerve and/or spinal cord - maybe. BUT concerning hair follicles (you can't compare this mini-organ with nerves or a spinal cord) you simply need HEALTHY hair-follicle-stem-cells nearby a "weak" follicle, or simply replace them through healthy hair-follicle-cells. Actually, there is no need to test that, because this has already been tested several times by different research groups - of course successfully. E.g. Dr. Jerry Cooley demonstrated that (more or less "by accident" during his punch harvesting test with the usage of ACell and "freed" hair follicle cells in the wounded environment).

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HairRobinHood View Post
    Actually, there is no need to test that, because this has already been tested several times by different research groups - of course successfully. E.g. Dr. Jerry Cooley demonstrated that (more or less "by accident" during his punch harvesting test with the usage of ACell and "freed" hair follicle cells in the wounded environment).
    Dr. Hitzig, YOU yourself demonstrated that with your "special" wound closure technique. Because this part of your work alone demonstrates the GENIUS inside you!

Default Androgen Time Bomb

No, the multiplication far exceeds the number of catogen or telogen (dormant) hairs that could normally be accounted for. We believe these are new "cloned" hairs. We also believe that without proof that the ACell + PRP acts as an androgen receptor competitive inhibitor, that perhaps it acts by resetting the time clock by which the follicles react to the DHT. Time and further work will tell. I hope what we are doing inspires others to help prove the answer. In the meantime, the progress and excitement continues. In my 35 + years in this field, this has been the the most exciting time I have been fortunate to be a force in.
    GH
    Dr Hitzig

Perhaps plucking and reimplanting a miniturizing(ed) hair (assuming it can provide the cells required) could help prove if this is the case IF the new hair grows terminal. It might not be conclusive as you would need to observe the hair over many years, however if it regrows miniturized then you might be able to rule it out. Maybe you have already tried this with results ? or perhaps miniturized plucked hairs did not regrow ?

Cheers