+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Hi my question, and this is for anybody, is if you have a hair transplant aren't the hairs you transplanted from the back/sides supposed to not be affected by DHT and hairloss even when you don't/stop taking propecia? Ive heard doctors recommend taking propecia to keep the HT hair thicker but is prop. supposed to not make the new HT hair fall out permanently?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr Dan McGrath's Avatar

Default The Propecia dilemma

Dear Aznstan,
    Great question. The truth is that all the hair on your head is going to be affected to one degree or another by the presence of DHT.
    The donor hair we use for transplant should not be affected to any great degree such that it would not grow. Having said that though when you look at the donor hair region of a patient who uses propecia you can't argue with the fact that the hair in its caliper size(shaft size) gets bigger.
    So the use of propecia in a hair transplant is twofold really, protecting the existing hair and helping to thicken up the donor hair which of course will translate into a better cosmetic result with the transplant.

Hope this helps,

Dr Dan

Dr. Dan McGrath
    Toll free: 1-800-717-1087
    E-mail: info@mcgrathmedical.com
    www.mcgrathmedical.com
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Whoa. I had not heard that about the donor hair. Interesting. Thanks for the info Dr. McGrath. Just one quick question: Do you consider the timelines for Aderans and Histogen to be realistic?

Did you get better optic eye?

Dr Dan,

I've been on Propecia for 11 yrs and within the last year or two started experiencing lower libido, weaker erections, etc. Be only 35 yrs. old I thought this was too early to be an age related problem and figured it had something to do with the long term usage of propecia. I spoke to my doctor about the issues I was having and he suggested we do some blood work to see if my testosterone was normal. It ended up coming back a little low so he prescribed a low dosage of Axiron(test gel) to help get me back to where I need to be. It's been a week now and I feel incredible! My libido is coming back, my mood is improved, and I have energy again.

At this point in my life I wasn't ready to give up the propecia since it has worked well for me and I've been able to keep a majority of my hair. My question for you is will taking the test gel effect the propecia in a negative way? Since the gel is being applied to the skin will it produce DHT and in turn get to my head? I know propecia is a DHT blocker but will it block whatever is bring applied to my skin. I don't think my doctor would have prescribed it to me if it wasn't safe but in your opinion does this program okay?

Thanks for any info you might have on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dan McGrath View Post
    Dear Aznstan,
    Great question. The truth is that all the hair on your head is going to be affected to one degree or another by the presence of DHT.
    The donor hair we use for transplant should not be affected to any great degree such that it would not grow. Having said that though when you look at the donor hair region of a patient who uses propecia you can't argue with the fact that the hair in its caliper size(shaft size) gets bigger.
    So the use of propecia in a hair transplant is twofold really, protecting the existing hair and helping to thicken up the donor hair which of course will translate into a better cosmetic result with the transplant.

Hope this helps,

Dr Dan
    I had transplants and when I later started taking propecia, not only did the transplanted hairs grow better but also the hair remaining in my donor area covered my scalp better.

Long story short + sharing the experience :There is no set time when a man should ejaculate during sex. But it’s probably too soon if you have an orgasm before intercourse or less than a minute after you start. It’s a problem because when you ejaculate you lose your erection and can’t continue having sex. You and your partner may feel there’s not enough time to enjoy it. It’s a common issue for men. I am personally have checked a bunch of mediCations, mediTations, sessions with a psychologist - and finally, last Friday, have found the thing priligy https://worldpharm365.com/product/pr...-with-bitcoin/ - now the sheriff has back in town, fellas!