+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Im 16 and really concerned about my hairline! help!

I didn't get much of an answer from my last post so I guess I will make this post more detailed.
    I have been worrying about my hairline for the past few years and have told my parents about it and they always call me stupid for worrying about it because of the fact im so young.
    I have even asked the woman that cuts my hair and she says that males my age get a 'mature' hairline. I have looked at pictures from when I was very young, around 5 ish and have noticed that the sides of my hairline back then were very thin. I also have a tall forehead therefore that might add to the size of the recession and is why I am so paranoid of going bald?
    My father is going bald but is not completely bald and he is in his 40s my uncle also has hair although it might be receding slightly.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rzr...8#.VFOI4NOnzFo

Inactive

Hey man. Sorry you haven't received a response on this. You definitely have quite the mature hairline for 16, but it's hard to tell how much of that is just your natural hairline and how much is recession. Do you talk to your parents about this? What do they say? Do you think there's any chance you could meet with a surgeon to get his professional, evaluated opinion? Being 16 is stressful enough without having to deal with any additional stress about potentially going bald, so I would like to see you get some solid answers from a doctor to give you either A) peace of mind or B) a plan of attack.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cian8789 View Post
    I didn't get much of an answer from my last post so I guess I will make this post more detailed.
    I have been worrying about my hairline for the past few years and have told my parents about it and they always call me stupid for worrying about it because of the fact im so young.
    I have even asked the woman that cuts my hair and she says that males my age get a 'mature' hairline. I have looked at pictures from when I was very young, around 5 ish and have noticed that the sides of my hairline back then were very thin. I also have a tall forehead therefore that might add to the size of the recession and is why I am so paranoid of going bald?
    My father is going bald but is not completely bald and he is in his 40s my uncle also has hair although it might be receding slightly.
    What's the hair like on your mother's side of the family?

Nobody is stupid for being concerned about hair loss no matter what type of hair loss is involved.

Yet at 16, you definitely should wait it out to see where it's headed when you get to a more mature age.

Most guys with your situation would buzz cut their scalp at your young age.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

It can be genetically acquired. You can use some hair growth shampoos and lotion to thicken your hair.

Why don't you go for hair transplant. It is permanent solution. I have got best results from hair transplant

He's 16 yrs old , a little young for a HT

He's 16 yrs old, a little young for a HT

Daves52, you are right. By the way what is the minimum age required for hair transplant? I am 23 years old and i had hair transplant. Am i too young for it? please help

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by bhavikpatel View Post
    Daves52, you are right. By the way what is the minimum age required for hair transplant? I am 23 years old and i had hair transplant. Am i too young for it? please help
    There's no clear cut answer on this, as it varies from person to person (and doctor to doctor). In the past, most doctors wouldn't even consider a transplant on someone under 25, as you don't wanna jump the gun and give a transplant when the hair loss hasn't been stabilized yet. However, technology has improved such that they have ways now of getting a pretty good idea of how your hair loss will progress. These new tools, combined with family history/genetics can help the surgeon plan the most appropriate transplant for you, anticipating the loss that will follow. So while you wouldn't want to get a hair transplant as a teenager, the "25 year old" rule isn't has hard and fast as it used to be.