Blading? A little advice? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Blading? A little advice?

Hey guys, i'm 23 and i am wondering if i am starting to go bald slightly?

First of all - I'm new so any help you give - thank you!!

I used to wear my hair down so I can't tell from pictures if it has receeded. I have a few from last year where i can see my hairline was already quite high. I have always had a widows peak, it's a lot less defined than the pictures (the above angle you can really see it)

One side (my right) is slightly further back than my left. But again, this could have always been the case. Also on that my further back side i had an accident with some clippers. That's why my temple hair may look a little thinner. It has grown back a little recently (i think) hahaha.

Please, any advice is appreciated! Is this normal for a widows peak? I've always had a naturally higher hairline - but my forehead isn't noticebly massive... (i don't think) lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1746.JPG

Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	35663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1745.JPG

Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	35664   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1743.JPG

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	35665  

seems like a maturing hairline, have you been thinning on the sides/temple/sideburn area as well?

Side burns have been fine my temples were always quite far back. I notice some guys have them far back some have them almost touching the eyebrow. Mine have never been very defined. I haven't noticed any hair loss there. I did (for some crazy unknown reason) shave my temple (V) a bit about 4/5 months ago but it is growing back slowly.

Hairs fine all round, it's just as my widows peak goes up it goes quite high and i'm scared it's getting higher? I haven't noticed it is, but my hair was "down" until around a year or 2 ago. And longer on the sides. Now it's clippered at the sides and longer on top.

Maybe it's just my widows peak? It goes up a little higher on one side, is that normal do you know?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

my "further back" side... to try help.

Anyone else any advice? I haven't noticed any hair falling out.... Also, my temple areas have always been further back... IS there anyway to get more hair there? Of fill them out? They aren't thinning (if anything after i shaved one of them, it's growing back) but still they've always been far back.

I do hope it's not receeding. Would i notice it more than this? Sorry if i'm bugging any of you. But when i speak to anyone else about this they laugh and say "look at how much hair you have"..... but it's more my hairLINE i'm bothered about. You guys seem to listen a bit more.. haha

Hey man, welcome to the forum.

So just to be clear: you're worried about your hairline but not with stuff like the density of your hair or any thinning going on up top? As I see it, your hair overall looks pretty thick so you shouldn't worry about that but if I understand this correctly, then that wasn't your concern in the first place.

I have to say that it's really hard for us to say if there's a recession going on because we have no pics to compare it with. You already told us the reason for that (you always wear your hair down so there are no good comparison pics) but I'm just telling you that. If you were having a pretty noticable recession then yes, we would be able to tell you. But it's hard to say in this case, especially since you say you had a high hairline all your life.

Like nursedude said, it could be maturation of your hairline. It could also be MPB-related shedding. Are there many thinning hairs or vellus hairs at your hairline? With thinning hairs I mean thinner, sometimes shorter and generally somewhat unhealthy-looking hairs. In the pics you provided it isn't really possible to say if there are any thinning hairs because of the quality of your pictures.

And don't be sorry to "bug" us (you're not bugging us anyway) because it's a perfectly normal question. You should also understand where other people that say "look at how much hair you have" come from: most people associate balding with bald spots, a heavily receded hairline or advanced thinning. You have none of those three. That doesn't mean you're not balding but it does mean that if you are balding, you catched it in an early stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Hey man, welcome to the forum.

So just to be clear: you're worried about your hairline but not with stuff like the density of your hair or any thinning going on up top? As I see it, your hair overall looks pretty thick so you shouldn't worry about that but if I understand this correctly, then that wasn't your concern in the first place.

I have to say that it's really hard for us to say if there's a recession going on because we have no pics to compare it with. You already told us the reason for that (you always wear your hair down so there are no good comparison pics) but I'm just telling you that. If you were having a pretty noticable recession then yes, we would be able to tell you. But it's hard to say in this case, especially since you say you had a high hairline all your life.

Like nursedude said, it could be maturation of your hairline. It could also be MPB-related shedding. Are there many thinning hairs or vellus hairs at your hairline? With thinning hairs I mean thinner, sometimes shorter and generally somewhat unhealthy-looking hairs. In the pics you provided it isn't really possible to say if there are any thinning hairs because of the quality of your pictures.

And don't be sorry to "bug" us (you're not bugging us anyway) because it's a perfectly normal question. You should also understand where other people that say "look at how much hair you have" come from: most people associate balding with bald spots, a heavily receded hairline or advanced thinning. You have none of those three. That doesn't mean you're not balding but it does mean that if you are balding, you catched it in an early stage.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. My worry is the hairline at the top sides, where my widows peak goes up. Like i said, i've had a widows peak all my life. I just can't gauge whether or not it's go higher. I just thought some pics would be able to help - maybe not! Haha. My widows peak naturally goes higher up at the sides. I've just noticed it more recently over the past year or so since i've style my hair up and over rather than down.

I'll keep an eye on it but so far it's nice to see that 2 people say it looks just like a maturing hairline (as most of us get eventually) But hairloss does bother me. I've read hairloss often comes from the mothers side? Of wich my grandfather had a full head of hair until the day he died. My father however, did bald - that's the worry! My hair is of a very similar texture and thickness to my mothers though - so all being well i'll keep it. But who knows? I guess in the long run it IS only hair. But it's still a worry...

Hair loss is genetic and can be passed down from either parent. If you have several relatives on either side of your family who experience balding or thinning of scalp hair, you will have a greater chance from suffering from this condition as well. From the photos posted, I can't detect any visible hair loss. However, the only way to truly gauge your hair loss progression is through cross-sectional trichometry (CST). CST is a tool used by hair transplant surgeons and dermatologists to track changes in hair loss and growth. If you really are concerned, many hair transplant offices offer free consultations. Another option would be to add Rogaine to your daily hair regimen. It's easy to use and available over the counter from a local drug store. Good luck to you!

*Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011. The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Default I Agree with Aphrodite

O think Aphrodite has a point here. First accept the fact that you are suffering Hair Loss ny investigating the possible causes i.e.: Genetics, Stress, etc. Then try to consult professionals to ask for a more concrete solution to solve to Hair Woes.

Thanks guys! I will keep an eye on it. I have no typical breaking hairs a my hairline really. A few longish ones that seem to refuse to stay put haha.

the top of my head is fine thankfully. Thanks for all your help so far guys! I truly appreciate it.