Kicking Myself. Advice, Recommendations, Support. 28 Years Old. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Kicking Myself. Advice, Recommendations, Support. 28 Years Old.

Hey. Long time lurker here (well for six months at least). Looking for support, advice, recommendations, anything having finally found the bottle to post.

Basically been creeping up on me that I've been losing my hair and have been in denial for the longest time. Wondering what to do? Obviously stand at the NW3V loss stage. 28 years old so probably too young for a HT. Just started on propecia (1 month in).

What hope do I have to ever recover? Time to just face the music (I don't think I can, don't think I can move on just yet)...Got the money for an op but wondering who to go with (booked in for Feruduni but also keen on Erdogan as he can add to the crown). Thoughts? 29 years old in December.

Been a large part of my depression for a while now but was depressed before this too. Digging deep for courage.

How I style it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (1).jpg

Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	35645

How it is in reality:

Name:	image2 (2).jpg

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	35646

Name:	image4 (2).jpg

Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	35648

Name:	image8 (1).jpg

Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	35649

Name:	image7 (1).jpg

Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	35650

Name:	image13 (1).jpg

Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	35652

Name:	image12 (1).jpg

Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	35653

More photos attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image5 (2).jpg

Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	35651  

If that's a NW3 then I'm NW9.

This won't end well.

You just have a mature hair line in my opinion.

If you're depressed because of this at almost 30 years old, you need counselling. And no, I'm not joking.

Are we going to have BDD threads like this everyday now?

Didn't mean to upset you Fred. I'm payed close attention to your case and glad you're making progress with your HT.

If it's not a NW3 what do you think it is then?

You're probably right about the counselling though man. I've tried it before for a whole bunch of things. This is just another thing to handle. How are you getting on mentally these days?

This is what a norwood 3 looks like. You are a norwood 2 which is a normal and mature hairline. Here's some advice, forget about your hair, excessive stress can definitely impact your hair, and take it from me, my hairloss began after numerous stress related incidences. On the bright side, let's say you do have AGA, since you are older it's most likely to progress at a much slower rate as compared to younger guys.

Bro do not listen to these guys...

It is clear as day you have recession and it is going to continue to get worse. For now just stick with fin about a year or two and if things stabilize look into an HT.

You are a tad past the point of just being a mature hairline, You're about right where I am, approaching nw3 ie thinning in that area but can probably cover it up ok (nw2.5).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Bro do not listen to these guys...

It is clear as day you have recession and it is going to continue to get worse. For now just stick with fin about a year or two and if things stabilize look into an HT.

You are a tad past the point of just being a mature hairline, You're about right where I am, approaching nw3 ie thinning in that area but can probably cover it up ok (nw2.5).
    I agree. I was on the big 3 for 14 months before I got my HT. Just being on the meds gave me hope and reduced stress. I've been dealing with my hair for 23 months. I wish I started treating this 5 years ago.

I would still consult 3 hair surgeons. Get options and record progress. Do not buy anything or schedule a HT. Knowing your doing something reduces stress.

I seriously think the way you style your hair you look good at NW3, personally I would get on the medication BiG3.

1. Finesteride
    2. Minoxidil I would use regaine foam.
    3. Regenepure Dr and NT.
    4. Tretinoin cam 0.025% max to try stimulate growth.

I personally think if the above stops your hairloss you would re consider surgery for now .

I agree with the guys who recommend getting on meds. Maybe your hair loss isn't as bad as many on here, but you have recession IMO. Fin is the way to go. Stick with that. It may even fill in your crown. Good luck.

Do yourself a favour and don't listen to Fred.
    You see, some people have lost completely their hair, and their life spirit along with it.
    They're like zombies on these kind of forums and they don't care who you are, what stage of hair-loss you're at, because as long as you have some hair you don't have any right to complain.

Of course this is bull****. you are balding, I was at your stage exactly a year ago,
    I didn't do anything and guess what? exactly.

It's great that you're already using propecia, because you're on the borderline,
    and that's a great timing.

I come to this forum once in a while and I see things like this, and get sick. people like willowufgood that come here for help, and then have to apologize to someone because he has "many posts" so he must be a genius. "You need counselling", oh hail the baldtruthtalk's psychiatrist.

Stick with the treatments brother, you're a good looking man too so be proud.
    Good luck.

You have the right to complain, just don't blow it out of proportion.

Don't say you're suffering from major depression because of a mature hair line.

You'll understand why I seemed so bitter when you get to the later stages of baldness.