Joined a dating website. I put no pic, but I get responses asking for a pic... - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Joined a dating website. I put no pic, but I get responses asking for a pic...

I finally got the courage to put up a profile on a popular dating website. So far, I sent a lot of interests and 2 responded asking for a pic. So, I cropped out just the face and send it. Now, they keep asking me why I cropped out just the eyebrows downward, and I keep changing the subject.

If one of them says ok to a date, I think I'll just wear a hat.

Dude, just own it. Wouldn't you rather show your head and then when you get a date, you'll know she doesn't care about your hair? If you crop out your hairline and wear a hat on your date, your insecurity will be screaming and it'll be an instant turnoff. This is an extreme example, but I'd rather be turned down by not being responded to than walked out on in person.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I finally got the courage to put up a profile on a popular dating website. So far, I sent a lot of interests and 2 responded asking for a pic. So, I cropped out just the face and send it. Now, they keep asking me why I cropped out just the eyebrows downward, and I keep changing the subject.

If one of them says ok to a date, I think I'll just wear a hat.
    LOL. As much as we want to crap on women and call them shallow for asking for a pic, how many of these same guys would go on a date with a woman that provided no pic?

Dude get a wig bro. I empathize with you.

Hiding your baldness is always going to end up screwing you in the future.

If you are going to play the online dating game then you need to be honest with others and yourself. Put some photos of you as your bald self and see what happens. You are sure to get some responses that will make you feel like the baldness is the issue but press on online dating is about persistance. At the end of the day you want someone who is going to accept your baldness, as women get older they care less and they sure do care a lot less than we do about bald guys. Try using tinder as they can see you are bald from the get go, when you get a match on tinder and you have a bald photo of yourself then you have instant confirmation that that person would date a bald guy. That should give you a boost of confidence to talk to them. Remember 50% of chicks have bald dad's and brothers so to them baldness is the norm.

Here's my take in internet dating as I tried it for sometime and finally met my now wife online so it does work.

Did you contact any interests that didn't have a photo up? People are suspicious of people who don't show their face on a dating website and woman will be unlikely to respond to you thinking are you a married man or in a relationship etc. The attractive woman get so much interest on those sites they are inundated with emails from guys so no photo means you will go to the bottom of the pile. Take a few honest photos write an intelligent and witty profile not going into too much detail but giving someone something to spark a conversation with you about. And be prepared for much frustration and disappointment and do not take it too seriously. I dated at least two girls that went on previous dates with guys who used false photos just to get a date. Try to contact the newly registered users the ones who have been around for a while on those sites in my experience are very cynical as they have heard so much BS from guys before.

Remember a good number of these girls on there are not really interested on going on dates they are there to get attention. I could write a book on the subject! Good luck and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    Remember 50% of chicks have bald dad's.
    Many women these days have daddy issues so this might work in your favor. You could be like that father they never had.

Quote Originally Posted by garageland View Post
    Here's my take in internet dating as I tried it for sometime and finally met my now wife online so it does work.

Did you contact any interests that didn't have a photo up? People are suspicious of people who don't show their face on a dating website and woman will be unlikely to respond to you thinking are you a married man or in a relationship etc. The attractive woman get so much interest on those sites they are inundated with emails from guys so no photo means you will go to the bottom of the pile. Take a few honest photos write an intelligent and witty profile not going into too much detail but giving someone something to spark a conversation with you about. And be prepared for much frustration and disappointment and do not take it too seriously. I dated at least two girls that went on previous dates with guys who used false photos just to get a date. Try to contact the newly registered users the ones who have been around for a while on those sites in my experience are very cynical as they have heard so much BS from guys before.

Remember a good number of these girls on there are not really interested on going on dates they are there to get attention. I could write a book on the subject! Good luck and enjoy it.
    +1

You have to use the right application. I find with the paid dating sites the girls are a lot more serious. But that does happen too.

OP it is a total numbers game online dating.

Expect to get rejected a lot, before actually meeting a girl who is interested in you.

Took me 150 rejections before I went on one date.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Dude get a wig bro. I empathize with you.
    This. I happened to see a video of a guy being fitted with a hair piece the other day and he went from bald to boss in a matter of seconds. Some of the most popular chicks in my grade wear clip on hair extensions and no one ever thinks about it being fake hair. It's accepted and talked about without issues. Get a hair piece and if someone did find out, so what? Big deal. Be confident and say you lost your hair at a young age and you look like shit without it. From there, no one would think twice about it if it looked good.

Either way, if you are physically fit, have a good personality, and have decent hygiene you will find someone, especially on the internet. I'm the baldest guy in my grade, I'm also the most mature and confident guy in my grade. Guess who went on a date with the hot soccer chick that everyone drools over this past weekend? You got this!

Thanks for all of your feedback gentlemen. I appreciate it.

Great points from all of you. I am just so used to getting rejected, shunned, and loathed by women looking at my appearance in real life, that I finally turned to the internet for love. I sent cropped pics to two chicks who responded to my interests. One was fine with it. The other kept asking why, and I told her that my camera is bad(horrible excuse), but it kept the conversation going, and atleast we talked about other interests like faith and sports.

If one of them actually shows interest and says ok to a date. I will reveal my true image of Norwood 7 fully bald. If she rejects me then, like every girl has in real life, I'll move on to the next.

I paid good money($120+) for a 6 month membership, so this website better get me a girlfriend by the end of the 6 months, or else I'll be extremely disappointed.