Topical Fin or RU? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Topical Fin or RU?

I am considering starting an anti-androgen for the first time, and I wanted to get some opinions on topical Fin vs. RU?

Lilpauly has recommended that I try Fin first.

For those who have tried either or both, what do you think? (Fwiw the topical Fin would be Promox. I have a bottle on hand.)

Also open to other opinions, i.e. why I should just go for CB & Versapro etc. But I'm looking for personal experiences of effectiveness and especially side effects.

A little background… I was a very good minoxidil responder when I began treatments ten years ago, achieving near full regrowth with Rogaine 5% once a day.

Thanks in advance!

Ru no doubt IMO. Much stronger IMO, different moa of course aswell

Thanks, LMS.

Any other advice? This would be a pretty big step for me.

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post

A little background… I was a very good minoxidil responder when I began treatments ten years ago, achieving near full regrowth with Rogaine 5% once a day.
    Sorry that I can not help you with your question but can you tell me, did Rogaine `hold back the tide` for 10 years for you? I always wonder about how long it is effective for.

No unfortunately it lost effectiveness over time. I've never stopped, so it's hard to know for sure, but I believe I would be worse off today without it.

Thanks!
    Now I hope people answer your original question. Sorry to derail it.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................
    I am considering starting an anti-androgen for the first time, and I wanted to get some opinions on topical Fin vs. RU?

For those who have tried either or both, what do you think? (Fwiw the topical Fin would be Promox. I have a bottle on hand.)

Also open to other opinions, i.e. why I should just go for CB & Versapro etc. But I'm looking for personal experiences of effectiveness and especially side effects.

Thanks in advance!

Ru can give same sexual sides as FIN I got them at 5%, me personally I would go with FIN as the people who used FIN for years had to make the switch when it stopped working. I would leave RU and DUT as last option when FIN stops working to prolong for better treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
    Thanks!
    Now I hope people answer your original question. Sorry to derail it.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

Thanks in advance!
    Start with fin I'd say. Its the only actually approved treatment of the three. Evaluate results and side effects. If you don't like it go with RU. Although its not technically approved its pretty much been confirmed to work by anecdotes, mine included.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Ru can give same sexual sides as FIN I got them at 5%, me personally I would go with FIN as the people who used FIN for years had to make the switch when it stopped working. I would leave RU and DUT as last option when FIN stops working to prolong for better treatments.
    I can also confirm that RU has its own set of sides.

How much is 5% in milligrams, Jazz? El Duterino on another site has suggested that 20 mg might be sufficient to halt hair loss. What are your thoughts?

It depends on your personal preference. What is important to you?

Efficiency?
    Convenience?
    Price?
    Side effects?

Though I would definitely opt for RU, just because inhibiting 5ar2 systematically is almost "retarded" to be honest. Now inhibiting AR systematically would also be bad, but RU favours a good pharmacokinetic profile to limit systematic absorption. Topical finasteride furthermore is really the biggest bullshit there is, it will go systematic no matter what you do.