+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Treatment without Propecia/Finasteride

Hey guys whats up.
    I am 17 and unfortunately I suffer from this disgraceful thing called MPB. I have noticed that my hairlines been receding and my hair is falling out a lot, thus, I went to a two docs and both of them told me I have Androgenic Alopecia[my dad is bald, hence its genetic - surprinsingly no one in my family(either from mom either from dads side) is bald]

Both of those docs did not hesitate to put me on propecia and simply said there are not side effects from them(way too much generalising right?).

I am DEFINITELY not going to take propecia/finasteride, even more(less ;P) considering that I am only 17. My beards still growing and my body is not fully developed yet.

Obviously Id like to keep my hair/avoid further loss, nevertheless, I am not willing to pay for it with my health.

To make a long story short.

Does anyone recommend a good/effective treatment without Propecia/Finasteride. A treatment that wont mess up with my hormones?

Thank you very much!

Bear in mind English is not my first language, so if I weren't clear about something just tell me.

RU58841 doesn't mess with hormone profile. But your 17 so that is not a option. Way too young mate.

Besides those your options are limited and your only option in prevention somewhat is pumpkin seed oil. Read the study;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...5/#!po=50.0000

On the other hand that has probably influence on your hormonal profile too, albeit not as profound (5ar2).

Besides this you could look into minoxidil, and a shampoo with ketoconazole.

If you weren't 17, I would say follow your doctors advice, but you are pretty young. Sorry to say, but if your hair loss is aggressive you might be out of luck. I would say at the very least get on Rogaine and see if you can slow it down until you can get on Finasteride. Some people will recommend RU, but I don't have any experience with that stuff so I cant recommend it.

In a year or two you will need to make the decision whether or not you want to take finasteride. I am sure your Dr. will still have the same opinion that you should start taking it if you want to keep your hair. If you still would rather take the word of random guys on the internet over educated medical professionals, then you really need to prepare yourself to live as a bald man. Not trying to be rude but that is just reality.

Id recommend a laser comb as you just started to see your hair fall out. A laser comb should maintain what you have, and maybe get a little bit back. If i recall the average regrow after six months of use from a popular one on the market was a 50% increase, its not a huge difference but at your stage you shouldnt need anymore. Make sure you get one with laser diodes, NOT LEDS. Make sure the diodes are at least 5mW of power each. And you would want to use one that would have 9+. There are helmets and caps you could get, but dont think you need to go to that extent. Just buy a used comb online. Use it every second day for 10-15min and give it at least 6m to a year to notice an increase, but again if you dont want to lose anymore id go with that. If you wanted to increase the speed of results id use a topical solution, if your scared of side effects stay away from rogaine/monoxidil and go wt a natural one. Best ones are going have apple stem cells and stimucap in them. In the past ive worked for 6 differnt hair restoration clinics and was able to help tens of thousands of patients in my time. If you were able to post photos of your hairline/crown I might be able to give you more advice. Oh also if you use the laser try to use a sulphate and paraben free shampoo as well.

@Swooping
    Thanks, but i don't want to cause hormonal cahnges AT all

@Notcoolanymore

I am really not into taking finasteride, perhaps I will change my mind, but Im pretty sure that for the next 1~2years I wont.
    Surprinsingly enough most of the people in this forum seem to know more than the doctors I have been to. Plus people here help us more.
    Both doctors that I've been to said that Propecia/Finasteride has no side effects. Thats just ridiculous, it may not be as much as people say, but there are side effects.

@ThePhoenix

Are laser combs really helpful? I thought they were fake.
    By the way arent they REALLY expensive? Im only 17, unfortunately I cannot afford expensive stuff(althought I'd be pleased to be acknowleged about their existence ;p )
    Does Minoxdll have sides? I mean, apart from a small irritation, it doesnt cause anything, does it? I mean, it doesnt change our hormones and stuff....

By the way, here are the photos:

Tomorrow, I will take new ones.
    These ones are from august last year: http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/jo...?sort=3&page=1
    These from 3 months ago: http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/jo...?sort=3&page=1

Do you think my MPB has progressed? A shit load of hair has been falling out from my head lately, and some people have started to make fun of my receding hairline(ohh its so sad )

There are a few devices that are FDA approved for home use wt the laser and two that I know of that are in clinic FDA approved medical devices for laser hair restoration. The first medical device approved was the mep-90. Was for females only. Think they did it for marketing as females do get faster and better results then males....doesn't mean it dosent work for males. I've had males that as long as they have peach fuzz, get everything back. Looking at your photos this is the perfect time for laser therapy. Again buy a used laser comb off ebay or Amazon, or a site like that. Minoxidil was originally a blood pressure medication. So yes there could be some side effects, rare, but they are there. Oh and just cause you see hair falling out means nothing. Average person will lose a hundred a day. We care about what's being replaced. anyway long story short laser combs will at least keep your hair where it is which is what you need. clinical treatmentsare great for getting some back. but looking at the photos you don't need that.. Comb will be awesome for you sir.
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 10-11-2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: one to many vodkas.

@ThePhoenix
    A ****load of hair falls from my head, its much more than 100 a day, thats what I am worried.

I dont think its being replaced because sometimes I pull hair from my head, apparently theres nothing, but when I look carefully I see very small/curly(my hair's straight) miniaturised hair

What laser combs do you recommend?

up