+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My current condition [pics] - what can be done?

Hey there.
    I am 33 and have had this hairline for the longest time. It is progressing but at a very slow rate. A few years back I was looking into some treatments but I gave up on it. Now I am more determined (too late?) My hair is pretty fine. I get psoriasis quite often so I use tar/Salicylic acid shampoo almost exclusively. The side of my head are getting pretty grey as well. That has been also happening for years but now progressing even more. For styling I use FRUCTIS power putty and their hair anti-humidity hairspray. Other products cause irritation.

I am very healthy person. My diet is good - lean meat and veggies, smoothies. I eat very little processed foods. No illnesses. Non-smoker. I exercise regularly and get enough sleep.

I would like to slow down the hair loss and regrow some hair. Especially on the upper left side where there is less hair than on the upper right side. I would like to try products that have no side effects. What treatments/regimens do you suggest for me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140922_103859.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	35044Click image for larger version

Name:	20140922_103816.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	35045Click image for larger version

Name:	20140922_103722.jpg

Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	35046

What do you think would be the best option for me to try?

I think you should go on finasteride and 5% minox and use regenpure shampoo.

Regrowth at the hair line is the hardest place to regrow! I think goldnt is right your best bet is to prevent any further loss unfortunatley despite being 2014 your best is fin and minoxidil

Quote Originally Posted by Preservationist View Post
    I would like to try products that have no side effects.
    So would everybody else. Let me know if you find any.

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge. I know there is a ton of information out there and on this forum, but how do I know what is actually the good stuff. I am too afraid to try fin because its sides I think. Unless I am misinformed.
    I am definitely going to try minox, so what product do you recommend and what supplier? Also, what is so great about Regenpure? Can shampoo really help? It seems to me that because shampoo stays on the skin for such short time it won't really matter what do I use as long as it doesn't hurt the skin.
    What about styling products? I use Fructis' hair spray and putty. They are cheapo products so I wonder if they can be bad from my scalp and hair.
    In terms of diet etc. Is there anything that I could incorporate in my diet that could help? I know there is a ton of information out there, but what has been actually successful?

Your going to have a pretty rough time if you dont try finasteride. I would argue its almost use propecia or just learn to live with MPB at this point. There arent a lot of other options honestly. There are hundreds of things you can try from laser combs to shampoos. I just dont see any of that doing with finasteride alone does. Minox is worth using too but the big 3 is there to stop people from throwing away money
    I dont take fin personally though and I completely understand that viewpoint of not wanting to take a drug like that, but you just to have realize you might have to live without hair then for the time being

Are you saying that using Minox alone is not going to help much?

Regrowing is going to be very hard and only possible if your lucky. All treatments carry side effect risk. You could go for a hair transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by Preservationist View Post
    Are you saying that using Minox alone is not going to help much?
    I know guy swho have maintained for quite a while on rogaine. it gives me huge black eyes so i can't use it either. At this point after anecdotal evidence I would push your doc to try to get you topical finasteride- has son and wong in vancouver prescribe it, and they called a pharmacy in NY where i live to see if they could make some too. i have yet to try it, but from what I've heard the chances of sides are reduced. oral fin for me was an atomic bomb of terribleness. If your balding is slow you might be ok in five years when better maintenance treatments are coming (if they do). For now just live your life and get a transplant if it really bothers you, it seems like your loss is mostly in the front, which is always good, think that kind of hairline on anyone over 30 is actually pretty badass looking, and you can fill it in with a minor transplant.