+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Are we at another 5 year standstill ?

All the news from WCHR is nice but all I heard was more time, more time and more time.

No one can figure out how to culture dermal papilla cells while maintaining full inductivity. Who knows how long this could take, tomorrow, maybe five decades.

Roland Lauster is doing whatever with the bioreactor. They're in the dark too and could take who knows how long, not to mention, if they don't plan to commercialize their technology/treatment in Japan, then we're screwed.

Nothing from Tsuji Lab. Don't know what they're up to.

So what happens now ? Are we back on the 5 year thing again ?

it's worse. we're on a 10 year timeframe now.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    I think I perhaps see a chance for us to get effective treatment soon but it would require a whole new attitude and frame of mind to make that happen if it can even be done at all.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    Yeah I kinda agree. Just two years ago, we were so hopeful ! Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, but also experiments with hair doubling, it all seemed we could almost touch the day we would have our hair back. And now ... Hope for all those commercial companies is gone, hair doubling turned out to be a lie and while researchers have made good progress, nobody is near cloning hair just yet... It's quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yeah I kinda agree. Just two years ago, we were so hopeful ! Replicel, Histogen, Aderans, but also experiments with hair doubling, it all seemed we could almost touch the day we would have our hair back. And now ... Hope for all those commercial companies is gone, hair doubling turned out to be a lie and while researchers have made good progress, nobody is near cloning hair just yet... It's quite sad.
    So true. I would keep it at 15+ years though. I got some hope that a therapeutic drug will be discovered by accident, but that's all there is. Would be a miracle too. Ahh well at least we got minoxidil LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    So true. I would keep it at 15+ years though. I got some hope that a therapeutic drug will be discovered by accident, but that's all there is. Would be a miracle too. Ahh well at least we got minoxidil LOL.
    Agreed, our only hope is a discovery/breakthrough by accident ... Otherwise 10-15 years or maybe even (much) longer ...

Another 10-15 years of public humiliation and being pegged as a bottom feeder of society all thanks to a lack of hair.

Awesome life to look forward to.

Default What about Allergan?

I know, I know there are going to be some tough days ahead, I am 25 now and started losing my hair when I was 17. I take minoxidil, saw palmetto, proscar, minoxidil 5% and a complex b vitamin every day of my life. I still have some hair left but unfortunately it seems like its getting less and less every year. That being said, Allergan - an enormous pharmaceutical company is in stage 2 of testing bimatoprost for the scalp. Although they delayed the phase 3, they are still moving forward with phase 2b to the best of my knowledge. This is hope, as the free market pushes these companies to achieve something. All we can do now is just keep eating healthy, exercise and try to enjoy your life while you still have it.

If youre talking general cure, it was never close so it's not something I worry about, that stuff is easily years away.

However in terms of viable alternatives and stuff we can add to improve our hairloss, we're closer than ever before. In fact I dont even understand the negativity here, when I first joined this forum about 2 years ago or so the future looked extremely bleak, we'd go 3-4 months without a shred of news and everything seemed extremely distant except maybe Histogen(replicel and many other were in phase I or werent even discussed), I remember thinking to myself "wow if fin doesnt work I have no other options to look forward too"

this year alone we're getting news almost every week, it's small things, but things are definitely moving forward with certain companies.

It seems clear that CB or BIM will be the first drug in almost 20 years to get approved for hairloss, both are backed by large wealthy companies and both have alternative uses that have already been approved(bim for eyelashes) or are about to be approved(CB for acne)

BIM ends Phase IIb in November, less than 5 months away(results in January 2015), we'll know if it's getting released soon after that. CB is going to be fast-tracked and wont have two phase II's like BIM due to it's high safety profile i'd assume, so it's also fairly close.

are these cures? Not at all, but even stacking CB with fin for an agressive sufferer or further adding BIM on top of that could vastly improve ones situation, not NW5 to NW1, but NW4 to NW3 kind of thing etc. .

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    If youre talking general cure, it was never close so it's not something I worry about, that stuff is easily years away.

However in terms of viable alternatives and stuff we can add to improve our hairloss, we're closer than ever before.

It seems clear that CB or BIM will be the first drug in almost 20 years to get approved for hairloss, both are backed by large wealthy companies and both have alternative uses that have already been approved(bim for eyelashes) or are about to be approved(CB for acne)

are these cures? Not at all, but even stacking CB with fin for an agressive sufferer or further adding BIM on top of that could vastly improve ones situation, not NW5 to NW1, but NW4 to NW3 kind of thing etc. .
    You could block DHT completely and you'll still plateau.

I'm looking forward to Replicel now..... and a miserable life.