+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

@Arashi

I just think every-time we get a breakthrough it just ends up leading to more difficulties.

Its like were always thinking if we could just do "x" wed have this figured out..then once we sort that out another hurdle arises. Im just not going to believe this is really the last step or the biggest hurdle until we see real results.

Letting ourselves as a community get fooled over and over causes too many of "us" to make bad decisions(prolonging starting meds, too aggressive ht procedures etc)

Im not downplaying this because I truthfully have no clue what it could lead to but Im not breaking out the G.Bush "Mission Accomplished" banner either.

@Hellouser
    So Even if this is the last hurdle and everything goes perfect, we're at least 5-10 years away from this latest development helping to create a new treatment and getting it to market

But...when it will be available for real therapy ?
    10 years ?

Desmond84, any news about your vehicle ? Or a timeline.
    Weeks ? Month ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    @Arashi

I just think every-time we get a breakthrough it just ends up leading to more difficulties.

Its like were always thinking if we could just do "x" wed have this figured out..then once we sort that out another hurdle arises. Im just not going to believe this is really the last step or the biggest hurdle until we see real results.

Letting ourselves as a community get fooled over and over causes too many of "us" to make bad decisions(prolonging starting meds, too aggressive ht procedures etc)

Im not downplaying this because I truthfully have no clue what it could lead to but Im not breaking out the G.Bush "Mission Accomplished" banner either.

@Hellouser
    So Even if this is the last hurdle and everything goes perfect, we're at least 5-10 years away from this latest development helping to create a new treatment and getting it to market
    I can attest to this. Im 27 now and have been lurking/ a member of the forum since 2006. Every few months there appears to be a new discovery which makes 'a cure' only a matter of time.

I didnt take propecia or minox for this very reason. I have no genetic history of hairloss & would likely have considerably more hair had I bit the bullet sooner.

That being said hairloss is an emotional condition and any good news, no matter how rational the person, will always be seen with rose colored glasses.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between the good and the bad.

I also believe techinically the cure is something that halts hairloss indefinately.

All though a regrowth solution may appear, technically indefinate maintenance is a cure. Every generation would stop hairloss before it occurs.

So, this is the real deal? Hair loss will be cured?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    So, this is the real deal? Hair loss will be cured?
    I think it might be but not in the way people might think. The real take away from this research is finding a method to find the "silenced genes". This could/should be a tool to accomplish that. Great for the short term treatment as well as the "cure". Great research!

The people here who are afraid to leave their houses due to hair loss need to man up and do everything they can to get their professional careers in order. You have been waiting for this moment for years. Do not be the guy who cannot afford these procedures because you're stooped in depression and penny-less. Be bald, acquire money and "fix" yourselves.

Love the first sentence of the abstract:

"We have succeeded in culturing human dermal papilla (DP) cells spheroids and developed a three-dimensional Matrigel (basement membrane matrix) culture technique that can enhance and restores DP cells unique characteristics in vitro."

This seems to be what we all have been waiting for!

Hopefully they'll start clinical trials soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Love the first sentence of the abstract:

"We have succeeded in culturing human dermal papilla (DP) cells spheroids and developed a three-dimensional Matrigel (basement membrane matrix) culture technique that can enhance and restores DP cells unique characteristics in vitro."

This seems to be what we all have been waiting for!

Hopefully they'll start clinical trials soon.
    3-5 other groups have managed the same goal this / last year. the group in taiwan can produce 3d spheroids as well. they will trial on 400 patients.

Holy shit

Woah, didn't think I'd see it so soon but it looks like we'll see proper hair multiplication this decade! Now we just need some bridging treatments to get us there. Looking at you Histogen and Cosmo.