+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Has anyone used Dr. Pawlinga??

Hi, I wanted to see if anyone has used Dr. Pawlinga from Saratoga Hair Transplant in NY? I did a search on this site, but did not see any threads. I would love some feedback either way.

Thanks,

I am scheduled with Dr. Pawlinga in January. I had a consultation with Dr. Beehner and he assured me that Pawlinga was every bit as good as he is. And most importantly in my opinion, they share the same staff. Since Beehner is an IAHRS surgeon, his staff has been vetted. You are getting basically the same procedure from Pawlinga as you would get with Beehner at a great value. I am fairly confident in my decision, but I too would like to get some shared experiences from Pawlinga's patients.

Hi Zeeex,

I was not able to find much information on Dr. Pawlinga when I was looking, because of this I ruled him out. It does not mean he is bad in any way, but I was weary since I could not find much information good or bad so I opted for another Doc.

I wish you much luck and success on your journey. Let me know how it all goes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeex View Post
    I am scheduled with Dr. Pawlinga in January. I had a consultation with Dr. Beehner and he assured me that Pawlinga was every bit as good as he is. And most importantly in my opinion, they share the same staff. Since Beehner is an IAHRS surgeon, his staff has been vetted. You are getting basically the same procedure from Pawlinga as you would get with Beehner at a great value. I am fairly confident in my decision, but I too would like to get some shared experiences from Pawlinga's patients.
    You make a good point about the staff, but if Dr. Pawlinga was really as qualified as Dr. Beehner, I think he would be on the IAHRS. Sometimes doctors hire associates to take the overload. It’s kind of a trick of the trade. My dermatologist tried to pawn me off on his associate once and I decided to find a new dermatologist. There is a reason you are being charged less to go with a different doctor in the same office. I doubt Hasson and Wong do that. Makes no sense if he is just as qualified and has the same level experience.

I have of course done a fair amount of research on Dr. Pawlinga before booking with him. He completed his ISHRS fellowship with Beehner in 2006 and has been working exclusively with Saratoga Hair ever since. The examples I have seen of his results are impressive. I'm sold on their method of using a variety of follicular units and multi-follicular units to create density. I am schedule for a 1500 graft procedure which should yield 3-4 thousand transplanted hairs for $5k. It would be about 7K with Beehner and about 8K with Feller. But I can't even get ahold of anybody at Feller Medical. I've called and emailed multiple times. No answer, no reply. On the other hand, I email Saratoga Hair and they generally call me same or next day. They are very gracious with their time and they are very accessible. Also, I live in upstate NY so Beehner's Saragota office is super conveniently located for me. I do have my reservations. I really wanted the consultation with Feller. And I agree that the lack of reviews for Pawlinga is discerning. However, most people only go online to complain so perhaps no reviews could be regarded as a positive thing. No negative reviews after almost 10 years of procedures.

I feel I should follow up on my last post because I did get ahold of Feller Medical. Perhaps they were on vacation or something before. But, I did schedule a consultation with Dr. Feller. There is a $65 charge for the consultation which I have no objection to. I am very interested to have him take a look at my hair since he is regarded as one of the best docs in the field. Feller seems to share a similar philosophy with Beehner's practice regarding "dense packing" vs "multi follicular unit transplantation".

Feller is known to be outstanding! Dr. Pawlinga might be very good, but it's never really a great sign when the main doctor of the practice tells you you can get a cheaper price if you go with his associate. If he was a qualified as Dr. Beehner he would be in the IAHRS and would not be charging $2000 less for the same procedure.

Dr. Beehner actively participates in these forums. It would be great if we could get his comments.

Do you have any update on Dr Pawlinga? I am looking to do a procedure with him and not sure if he is good or not!

Quote Originally Posted by dilemma123 View Post
    Do you have any update on Dr Pawlinga? I am looking to do a procedure with him and not sure if he is good or not!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't have surgery unless you're 100% confident in the doctor. If you have reservations you need to address them first.