+ Reply to Thread

Smile new to hair loss please read.

This is kind of long, but anyone new to hair loss should read.(DON'T BE LAZY.) Let me start of by introducing myself, my name is Matt, I'm from Chicago, I'm 24 and started losing my hair around 20. For those of you who started to lose their hair in their early twenties you know how devastating and life changing it becomes. Although I'm sure it's pretty devastating if your in your 30's, 40's, or even 50's! The reason why I'm writing this is to give you my experience and maybe some hope. Your first step is Finasteride! I've been on for nearly a year and a half and it's done wonders. I haven't really noticed any regrowth but I have maintained everything and my hair is much thicker since I've started, which is your first step. That was my first step in gaining control of my hair loss. There are ways to control your hair loss! Act NOW! Don't wait till It's too late. Consider yourself lucky if your just experiencing. Ya I know, "LUCKY". Seriously though, take a look at some of the before and after pictures of some of the recommended hair restoration surgeons on this site! Some of the guys here would of loved to utilize whats available to us nowadays to maintain their hair and restore it. It's amazing. My point is, gain control and there's hope. If you've lost too much already, gain control and save. Save, and get a transplant by one of the recommended surgeons on this site. Which is what I'm currently doing to restore my hairline. Can't decide between Dr. Rahal, Dr. Shapiro, or Dr. Konior. I hope I've given you some hope here. If your young like me act now and retain what you have with the information Iv'e provided and restore your life. Maintain it, utilize current technology, and look towards the future for a cure. There is HOPE. Don't let hair loss destroy who you are.

Welcome!

You mentioned you've been on Finasteride for around 18 months now, did you try anything between noticing your hair thinning and starting on Finasteride?

Are you taking anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by mott02 View Post
    This is kind of long, but anyone new to hair loss should read.(DON'T BE LAZY.) Let me start of by introducing myself, my name is Matt, I'm from Chicago, I'm 24 and started losing my hair around 20. For those of you who started to lose their hair in their early twenties you know how devastating and life changing it becomes. Although I'm sure it's pretty devastating if your in your 30's, 40's, or even 50's! The reason why I'm writing this is to give you my experience and maybe some hope. Your first step is Finasteride! I've been on for nearly a year and a half and it's done wonders. I haven't really noticed any regrowth but I have maintained everything and my hair is much thicker since I've started, which is your first step. That was my first step in gaining control of my hair loss. There are ways to control your hair loss! Act NOW! Don't wait till It's too late. Consider yourself lucky if your just experiencing. Ya I know, "LUCKY". Seriously though, take a look at some of the before and after pictures of some of the recommended hair restoration surgeons on this site! Some of the guys here would of loved to utilize whats available to us nowadays to maintain their hair and restore it. It's amazing. My point is, gain control and there's hope. If you've lost too much already, gain control and save. Save, and get a transplant by one of the recommended surgeons on this site. Which is what I'm currently doing to restore my hairline. Can't decide between Dr. Rahal, Dr. Shapiro, or Dr. Konior. I hope I've given you some hope here. If your young like me act now and retain what you have with the information Iv'e provided and restore your life. Maintain it, utilize current technology, and look towards the future for a cure. There is HOPE. Don't let hair loss destroy who you are.
    The issue you raise is the very reason Propecia isn't exponentially more widely used. Despite your efforts, most guys are in denial. They see a parent or family member balding, but they don't want to face it. So they wait. And wait. And Propecia or other products can't wind back the clock 5-10 years. I regret that I didn't start sooner because products can stop hairloss from getting worse. But it's hard (absent a transplant) to play "catch up" in any significant way. I liken it to a 401K plan. The sooner you start, the better. But it's usually not too late!