+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    I have a feeling CB has been overhyped, just like Aderans, RepliCel, Histogen, Pilofocus, etc. I'd like to see the results of CB as a topical, not with a iontophoresis device. I have a feeling that the numbers will drop significantly without it.
    I have to agree on this one, even if CB comes out in 5 years it'll be irrelevant for my situation. I know it's another story for you burtandernie, so I hope it does come out within 5 years. I can't see how it would be as effective with a chemical vehicle compared to iontophoresis. Even Minoxidil gave way better results with iontophoresis, this is why they should develop a consumer friendly device alongside a drug.

I dont completely understand how iontophoresis even works, but I agree that there might not be any chemical vehicle that can get those kinds of results. That being said there are more things to consider maybe a chemical version doesnt work as well but is much cheaper and safer for the average joe to use.
    I agree that CB is still a very long wait and not everyone has that kind of time.

I dont see us getting anything in 2014, 2015 or 2016. TBH I cant see any real big improvements in this fight until at least 2018 (but that is beside the point)

That DOESN'T HOWEVER mean they are wasted years. Lots of new vital pieces that will eventually lead to better treatments and a cure have begun to be understood at a steady pace since 2011. All the new knowledge and hurdles that must be overcome that is coming to light does/will not eliminate the years we must endure where it seems nothing is happening.

We all basically know our current options available to us. If the current options work for you thats great. If they dont , due to your unwillingness to try them, side effects etc then you just have to grin and bear it and hopefully we really are in the "next 5 years place"

Those expecting/needing a miracle that somehow is available in a year or two really need to realign their expectations with what is possible.

Was GREAT TO SEE DESMOND POST recently. Hope you are doing well man!

Quote Originally Posted by zigoberth View Post
    Reading this thread at the end of 2014 is quite a kick to the guts.

That being said, there are threads like this on forums dating back to the early 2000s. It doesn't mean progress hasn't happened, but it is usually far slower than hopes or expectations.
    I've learnt the hard way, particularly over the last 12 months,* not to expect anything better any time soon. You can read ancient posts from some of the older forums from circa 2001 and be crushed seeing how positive some hairloss sufferers were about what the future would hold - literally nothing new since then apart from off-label dutasteride, let alone hair multiplication.

IMO, if CB-03-01 disappoints or fails, that'll be 'it' for the next 15 years short of an implausible miracle. If we can't even get a topical treatment for maintenance on the market, forget anything more promising, the scientific know-how just isn't there.

(* Why oh why did I fall for that dermarolling business and cause myself all that bloodshed and pain?!!)

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    I dont see us getting anything in 2014, 2015 or 2016. TBH I cant see any real big improvements in this fight until at least 2018 (but that is beside the point)

That DOESN'T HOWEVER mean they are wasted years. Lots of new vital pieces that will eventually lead to better treatments and a cure have begun to be understood at a steady pace since 2011. All the new knowledge and hurdles that must be overcome that is coming to light does/will not eliminate the years we must endure where it seems nothing is happening.

We all basically know our current options available to us. If the current options work for you thats great. If they dont , due to your unwillingness to try them, side effects etc then you just have to grin and bear it and hopefully we really are in the "next 5 years place"

Those expecting/needing a miracle that somehow is available in a year or two really need to realign their expectations with what is possible.

Was GREAT TO SEE DESMOND POST recently. Hope you are doing well man!
    Where did he post? I can't blame him for staying off the forums at all but man, I miss his positive energy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Where did he post? I can't blame him for staying off the forums at all but man, I miss his positive energy lol.
    His posts are awesome but when he makes a thread title called "Final days", he's also very misleading.

It would have been more practical/realistic to name the thread "Final centuries".

I can see if you don't want feel foolish but science is the answer. It may not be tomorrow but we know infinitely more about the topic than in 2001. There are a lot of teams going after an all out cure. I agree we should focus on maintaining with meds and transplants for now but don't think for a second that the researchers are conspiring against you. Progress is taking place even at times of failure. If you don't have insight or something helpful to say and you've given up all hope then there is no reason to be on here. Good days are ahead and we all know it, Desmond was the wisest person on here and he was always positive and excited so let's take a page out of his book.

Well we have more hair multi vitamins and laser combs coming im sure in the next year. Maybe even some more pills that will lower DHT in other ways or increase blood flow and circulation to the scalp. Probably more if I eat this or that will my hair loss stop threads and some more on no fap. So plenty to look forward too im sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Well we have more hair multi vitamins and laser combs coming im sure in the next year. Maybe even some more pills that will lower DHT in other ways or increase blood flow and circulation to the scalp. Probably more if I eat this or that will my hair loss stop threads and some more on no fap. So plenty to look forward too im sure of it.
    We know for a fact: More teams are researching than what we thought.
    Clinical trials can happen without being on the front page of google.
    A lot of money is going into this and there is a lot of competition
    The current status is nowhere near what we read about (we get old info and actual progress hasn't been announced yet)

I know it may not happen tomorrow but it IS a matter of time now. Nobody is sitting in a dark smokey room somewhere laughing about a cure being released in 20 years, get real.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Well we have more hair multi vitamins and laser combs coming im sure in the next year.