X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
    How would vitamin D3 be applied? Orally or topically? I suppose topically, no?
    Vitamin D is not one, but many chemicals. The natural type is created in the skin from a universally present form of cholesterol, 7-dehydrocholesterol. Sunlight's is the key. Ultraviolet B (UVB) energy converts the precursor to vitamin D3. Contrast that to most dietary supplements that are manufactured by exposing a plant sterol to ultraviolet energy, that produces vitamin D2. Because their function is nearly identical, D2 and D3 are lumped together and simply called vitamin D.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Pioneer in total follicular unit hair transplantation and microscopic dissection, focusing on transforming hair restoration surgery from cosmetically unacceptable results into aesthetically pleasing results.

Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
      Vitamin D is not one, but many chemicals. The natural type is created in the skin from a universally present form of cholesterol, 7-dehydrocholesterol. Sunlight's is the key. Ultraviolet B (UVB) energy converts the precursor to vitamin D3. Contrast that to most dietary supplements that are manufactured by exposing a plant sterol to ultraviolet energy, that produces vitamin D2. Because their function is nearly identical, D2 and D3 are lumped together and simply called vitamin D.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      Pioneer in total follicular unit hair transplantation and microscopic dissection, focusing on transforming hair restoration surgery from cosmetically unacceptable results into aesthetically pleasing results.

Cole Hair Transplant
      1045 Powers Place
      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
      Phone 678-566-1011
      email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
      Perhaps wounding + sun tanning could give SOME kind of benefits?

Comment

• Conpecia
        • Sep 2011

FINALLY got my god damn dermaroller!!! looks like i'm a bit behind but better late than never... i'm going to be replicating the study to the T: mild redness with some blood, minox 6 days a week. However, i'll also be on Dut and Regenepure! So hopefully this will give me major regrowth and will prevent further loss!!!

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
          FINALLY got my god damn dermaroller!!! looks like i'm a bit behind but better late than never... i'm going to be replicating the study to the T: mild redness with some blood, minox 6 days a week. However, i'll also be on Dut and Regenepure! So hopefully this will give me major regrowth and will prevent further loss!!!
          Good luck dude! Hopefully we all get results!

Comment

• brunobald
            • Jul 2013

Perhaps wounding + sun tanning could give SOME kind of benefits?
            Why not combine both in a handy six hour sun bed session.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by brunobald
              Why not combine both in a handy six hour sun bed session.
              LOL, that would probably fry the hell out of my skin.

Comment

• the_dude78
                • May 2011

So if this stimulates the weaker follicles as well, shouldn't we see less shedding relatively early on, maybe within 3-5 weeks? Any thoughts?

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
                  So if this stimulates the weaker follicles as well, shouldn't we see less shedding relatively early on, maybe within 3-5 weeks? Any thoughts?
                  Doubt it, if anything, probably more. Just like Minox typically causes a shed when PGE2 levels are elevated, dermarolling should have a similar effect. Although noone has said anything about shedding except me though its most likely due to me getting off of RU and going through a summer minoxidil shed. Joy.

Comment

• StayThick
                    • Oct 2012

How would vitamin D3 be applied? Orally or topically? I suppose topically, no?
                    The past 2 weeks I have applied 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 with MSM topically to the hairline.

I will apply it to the hairline occasionally after a dermarolling session as well. I am not sure if the Minox, dermarolling, or D3 is the culprit, but I am seeing dark brown terminal sprouts in areas of my hairline that have not seen hair in quite some time.

Im getting excited, but I need much more of this to somewhat fill the loss in these areas. I'm feeling optimistic.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                      The past 2 weeks I have applied 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 with MSM topically to the hairline.

I will apply it to the hairline occasionally after a dermarolling session as well. I am not sure if the Minox, dermarolling, or D3 is the culprit, but I am seeing dark brown terminal sprouts in areas of my hairline that have not seen hair in quite some time.

Im getting excited, but I need much more of this to somewhat fill the loss in these areas. I'm feeling optimistic.
                      Try going to a tanning salon a couple times after a dermarolling session. Maybe it could help?

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

Ok, after my first rolling experience:

either i have a superhuman tolerance for pain or i'm not doing it right. rolled for a good 3 minutes along the hairline in various directions, had the velcro sound going full effect, several spots of blood and mild redness. maybe my nerves are just not that sensitive up there, but i've got at least 50 bloodspots from pricks and the pain was at most a 3.5-4 of 10. not trying to sound like a badass, just want to make sure i did it right. should i have rolled longer? deeper?

Comment

• StayThick
                          • Oct 2012

Try going to a tanning salon a couple times after a dermarolling session. Maybe it could help?
                          I have actually been outside the past 3 weekends soaking in tons of sun. I'm literally dark as all hell right now. And yes I do believe vitamin D in the form of the sun's rays has a positive effect on hair.

Comment

• StayThick
                            • Oct 2012

either i have a superhuman tolerance for pain or i'm not doing it right. rolled for a good 3 minutes along the hairline in various directions, had the velcro sound going full effect, several spots of blood and mild redness. maybe my nerves are just not that sensitive up there, but i've got at least 50 bloodspots from pricks and the pain was at most a 3.5-4 of 10. not trying to sound like a badass, just want to make sure i did it right. should i have rolled longer? deeper?
                            Sounds like you are doing it correct. Maybe the skin in the areas of application are not as thin as others.

I do draw blood now, but it is definitely painful. I have to close my eyes at times and bite on a towel. It's that unpleasant for me, especially along the hairline which is the most painful.

I sneeze and eyes still water.

Comment

• hellouser
                              • May 2012

How hard are you pressing against your skin? I pressed quite hard to make sure it was piercing ALL the way in at 1.5mm. I didn't have loads of blood, but enough spots.

This is what I did to my right temple:

However, that was done after several rolls over the area and pressing just hard enough to pierce all the way through.

Comment

• Conpecia
                                • Sep 2011

my whole area looks the way your frontal hairline looks, those sparse amounts of blood, but not like higher up.

Comment

Working...