+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 107 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Isn't RU insoluble in water Boldy? Just got my latest batch of RU from Kane and it states this on the packing slip. Made up my solution this evening and it was dead easy as I don't have to worry about RU degrading anymore. Simply dumped all 5grams of RU in a measuring jug and covered it with just enough isopropyl. Then dumped in 60ml Kirkland minoxidil. Put the covered measuring jug in the sink and filled it with hot water. Dissolved completely in under an hour with some stirring and not a crystal in sight. Then just filled up an empty Kirkland bottle with the solution. I'm good to go for a month or more. Wish me luck.

How would you store it?

I just put the bottled solution in a ziplock bag and in the fridge to avoid contamination of food products. May be a bit OTT but gives me peace of mind. I usually take the bottle out about one hour before application to allow the solution to warm to near room temperature as I don't think applying it when cold would give the best efficacy. Basic chemistry theory that the molecules penetrate better at a warmer temperature. Either that or fill the sink with warm water and put the sealed bottle in to get the molecules moving. Of course applying it to your head cold, it wouldn't be long warming up with your body heat but I feel better applying it at a warmer temperature. Then back into the fridge immediately after application.

Thanks diffuse loser, one last thing if you don't mind, do you find it works well mixing it with minox? and what type of results are you getting\?

No worries mate. To be honest, this is the first time I'm giving RU a proper go. I dicked around too much before, so I can't base any results on something I didn't take seriously. I will keep you updated though because I'm giving it a proper run this time with no missed applications. The reason I'm using minoxidil as a vehicle is for two reasons. Firstly, I'm getting decent enough maintenance with minoxidil alone. I think the loss has hit a standstill. Second reason is that I work full time and I don't have time to be messing around with multiple applications of different solutions. So one application of minoxil/RU at night is what I'm going for right now. It dissolves perfectly in minoxidil with a little isopropyl to help it along. If you are having trouble just bathe the mixing container in hot water to help the process. As long as there are no RU crystals left in the solution, you're good.

I use isopropyl because we can't get hold of Everclear in the UK. If you're able to obtain Everclear, go with that.

Im in the UK aswell so wnt be able to get it either! how much isopropyl do you use

Don't really know for sure. I try to use as little isopropyl as possible. Just enough to saturate the RU powder pretty good. Off the top of my head, it was only around 10-15ml of isopropyl with 5 grams of RU powder. Just let it sit in there for a while and swish it about. You don't want it evaporating so add in your minoxidil pretty sharpish and continue swishing it about or stirring until fully dissolved.

Hi, I am planning to start RU next month as soon as I move to UK and will certainly keep a blog and record all updates.

But I have a question and would appreciate an answer.

If I am sensitive towards ppg, what alternatives can I use to mix RU with? I could use KB solution obviously, but then when can I apply minoxidil (I am on it already, and the results aint that good)

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by abrorcasanova View Post
    Hi, I am planning to start RU next month as soon as I move to UK and will certainly keep a blog and record all updates.

But I have a question and would appreciate an answer.

If I am sensitive towards ppg, what alternatives can I use to mix RU with? I could use KB solution obviously, but then when can I apply minoxidil (I am on it already, and the results aint that good)

Thank you.
    You can substitute PG with BG (Butylene Glycol). A lot of people recommend this approach
    So instead of 70/30 Ethanol/PG, go 70/30 Ethanol/BG

I'm currently using 100mg RU in 3ml Neogenic ED. Would there be any advantage in using less Neogenic per application, perhaps 2ml or 1.5ml? Clearly the solution would be more concentrated, but since the amount of actual RU would remain the same, would there actually be any benefits of making this adjustment?