Threaded View

Default I'm Rob. 31. Receding hairline and balding crown

Hey. As my intro states I'm Rob and I am 31 and I have a receding hairline and I am balding on the crown. I will upload some pics at a later date.

I have reached a stage where I need support... I have always hated my hairline. But I dealt with it. But recently I have noticed how BAD my crown area is. I was always told by people, I remember back to when I was about 15/16 and being told it was thin and friends joke I was "going bald" but I never noticed it myself so didn't care.

But recently, thanks to me doing my own hair and using a mirror in a mirror to see where I was clipping, I noticed how bad it is. I shaved my head completely a few weeks ago and my work colleague told me I need to grow my hair as I look bald on the back. He also said I look like his grandad... (he's a lovely guy though he said it in jest). But

Yes, I have seen how bad it is now some of the hair has grown back. It's horrible. I feel worse about it than the hairline.

I am 5'3 tall. People usually look down on me. I have always been told I look younger facially. Add the height and I do appear to be younger sometimes. I am finding it difficult, knowing what people see from behind me (and looking down).

I can't hide it. People always tower above me most of the time and standing behind me at my height would be just as bad.

I am trying to deal with it, keeping my overall hair short etc and it hasn't affected me too bad so far (out of sight, out of mind I guess) but it doesn't fill my heart with joy and fireworks.

So, that's me in a nutshell. How's it going guys?