+ Reply to Thread

Cool Hey! How's the hairline!? :/

Hey Guys! Looking for some opinions or advice on this. The doctor I saw told me that there was no way he could tell if I was balding or not. He told me to wait it out. My dad's hair is on the thin side but he still has enough to the point where I would be satisfied with it. Same thing for his father. My mom's father is bald though :/ Can go either way I guess. I can upload some more photos if you guys can't tell from here but as you can see in one of the photos my hair looks pretty low and normal in some conditions. In other's you can see some recession. Can you give an estimate on a Norwood scale? Let me know what you think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 1-10-13 at 1.53 AM.jpg

Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	18683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 1-10-13 at 6.09 PM #3.jpg

Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	18684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 1-11-13 at 10.43 PM #2.jpg

Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	18685  

you definitely have some temple reduction but a lot of people who have full heads of hair have your hairline, so its hard to say if it will continue. I'd probably do what your doctor said and keep these pics and monitor the situation over the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by VMRockshow View Post
    Hey Guys! Looking for some opinions or advice on this. The doctor I saw told me that there was no way he could tell if I was balding or not. He told me to wait it out. My dad's hair is on the thin side but he still has enough to the point where I would be satisfied with it. Same thing for his father. My mom's father is bald though :/ Can go either way I guess. I can upload some more photos if you guys can't tell from here but as you can see in one of the photos my hair looks pretty low and normal in some conditions. In other's you can see some recession. Can you give an estimate on a Norwood scale? Let me know what you think!
    Try cutting your hair short, then take a picture every month for a few months, compare the first to the last.

I've been taking pictures for years now hahahaha. The big difference for me is between now and 3 years ago. I could put up a pick from 3 years ago... basically the front was just less thin then it is now (you can see in the pic where my forehead is wrinkles) and the sides weren't as high. You could see where it was fading into though.

The photo I attached was from 3-4 years ago. Side view. My hair was wet in this picture though so it may of been less severe then it seems back then. I was about 20 in this photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0043.jpg

Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	18686  

That side hairline looks a little off to be honest(as in MPB kind of thing)

however after you posted a picture from 4 years ago and there's been no more loss, i'm not so sure it's MPB.

So yea I'd say wait it out, if it starts to get a little worse, you should start considering your options(min,fin,niz etc.)

Yes, your balding mate, get on the Big 3.

Agree. At least start on rogaine and nizoral, as they are virtually side free. Talk to your doc about propecia. The longer you wait, the less they will do for you.

hmmm, I've been considering propecia. I am scared because some people on this site have complained that it sped up their hairloss. Is this actually possible?

you are norwood2 and it seems that you will loose more as i can see some thining,now after you lose these hair it migh continue fast or stop there and continue later.What every guy will say you here is

1-get on propecia(a high risk drug that doctors avoid to prescribe it)

2-minox(rogaine)-you'll have to continue it through life,it's considered safe but it has many disadvantages too,it might help you regrow the thinning hair

3-dont do anything and accept your genes like the most people do,it depends of how much you care.If you simply dont care it will save you money,time and side effects

that's what i know.

Thanks man! yea i'm going to try and get a prescription for propecia. I always thought that Rogain wasn't very helpful but I should research more.