+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Would you cry if a cure/something close to a cure comes out?

I was just thinking how I would react if all this 5-10 years away stuff, comes to an end. If one day I lurk in TBT and read concrete news of a cure/something close to a cure[something that would stop hair loss for 100% of users AND regrow most of your lost hair or at least regrow the amount of hair you should have for your age if you didn't have MPB; matured hairline included. In other words a natural amount of hair according to your age]. Something like an injection, the Histogen thing, that would be nice.

I actually day dreamed in college, of reading this news. I came to the conclusion that I would actually cry. I would cry tears of joy. After everything i've been through with MPB and AA since 15 years old-present[23 going on 24 in Dec]. I would definitely cry. Like a boxer, a fighter who went through a lot in life to finally win a championship title, he breaks down in the middle of the ring after being announced the winner. He cries tears of joy. That's what I would do. Instead I would do it alone in my room, or at worst in front of my mother.

Maybe some of you are less dramatic than me and would just be plain happy and not cry like me. It's just that starting from 15 years old, I have had so many bad memories, and terrible comments about my hairloss. I would remember them and break down and cry.

I just had to get that off my chest.

Man that felt good typing.

Your reaction would be perfectly understandable. To me it would be like winning the lottery.

I'll be honest.

I cried (a little) when I saw the latest Histogen update! I remember reading the title: "Histogen announces cosmetic improvement after 6 months trial"

I just got up, went in the backyard and smiled and all of a sudden a few tears came down!

I can't wait for that day when we can all celebrate together

And yes, I'd weep like a little baby.

Quote Originally Posted by lucrio View Post
    Your reaction would be perfectly understandable. To me it would be like winning the lottery.
    Yupp..it would be like winning the lotto but just like winning the lotto our odds are not good=/

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Yupp..it would be like winning the lotto but just like winning the lotto our odds are not good=/
    It really depends on the timeframe you're looking at. Sure, if you're expecting a cure tomorrow, then you'll probably have better luck at winning the lotto. But with all the incredible progress being made in the stem cell area right now (team Tokyo, aderans etc), I'd be highly surprised if we don't have a cure in 10 years ...

I'm not so far into the norwood scale to cry, but I would be overwhelmed with joy. I'd probably jump up and down from happines for days on end.

Confidence, motivation, self esteem, ego, self satisfaction RESTORED.

Oh wait, back to the real world... *looks at hairline*

Someday that cure will arrive, I hope the best for you young guys with this problem, it didn't happen to me until I was in my forties, I can only imagine what it would be like if I had been in my late teens, twenties, or even thirties.

All I can say is your very intelligent and respond with heart felt posts.

Would I cry tears of joy to learn this nightmare would soon end? Abso-****ing-lutely. Not only that, I would toss my baseball cap into an incinerator in celebration.

As of right now, the only thing that gives me any hope is that both Histogen and Aderans make it to market in the next few years, as they may be quite effective when combined. In the meantime, I get to constantly worry as to whether or not these things will even come to market, if it will be within a reasonable time frame (3-4 years), and that they will provide a reasonable amount of regrowth. What joy!