+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Cetirizine

Quote Originally Posted by JDW View Post
    Exactly, good post.
    I think too often people see stopping loss as not successful, but as you say it's massive achievement
    It is a massive achievement, if you can prove it. To be frank, we will never be able to prove if an experimental treatment just stops hair loss

We would need to have a big enough control group to see if the "halting" is way superior than the average person that isn't being treated.

Even in controlled trials, some men treated with placebo end up gaining some hair. It looks like hair counts are very prone to error

Default So what is the final say

I have read a lot about this stuff and some good and some bad. I already have a small bottle of 14 caps in front of me but don't know if I should take the plunge.

Does anyone know if this is helping people significantly?

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    I have read a lot about this stuff and some good and some bad. I already have a small bottle of 14 caps in front of me but don't know if I should take the plunge.

Does anyone know if this is helping people significantly?
    No harm in trying, it's apparently very safe and very easy to make.

I plan on taking the plunge soon as well just trying out the dermaroller right now.

Anyone know what the correct (or working) vehicle for Cetirizine is? I'd like to try it out on a bald patch on my temple along with dermarolling/wounding and minoxidil. It'd be interesting to see what happens when characteristics of the thinning hair follicle more or less match those of non thinning (or DHT free). I remember seeing a LOT of small hairs on some members in slick bald areas, but they didn't turn terminal nor did they grow, but they DID show up significantly after Cet was applied. Perhaps WNT and FGF-9 could be the missing link?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Anyone know what the correct (or working) vehicle for Cetirizine is? I'd like to try it out on a bald patch on my temple along with dermarolling/wounding and minoxidil. It'd be interesting to see what happens when characteristics of the thinning hair follicle more or less match those of non thinning (or DHT free). I remember seeing a LOT of small hairs on some members in slick bald areas, but they didn't turn terminal nor did they grow, but they DID show up significantly after Cet was applied. Perhaps WNT and FGF-9 could be the missing link?
    Well I read almost all the German forum about Cet and the ones that mixed it with alcohol got really bad results. Then I read stories on hairlosshelp and it seems that the best responders just mix it in water, I know it sounds weird but if it works well, you really can't argue with success. So I will be mixing it with water and applying it as well, but I will also add some Jojoba oil for better absorption with the derma roller as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    Well I read almost all the German forum about Cet and the ones that mixed it with alcohol got really bad results. Then I read stories on hairlosshelp and it seems that the best responders just mix it in water, I know it sounds weird but if it works well, you really can't argue with success. So I will be mixing it with water and applying it as well, but I will also add some Jojoba oil for better absorption with the derma roller as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Try it on a bald area first and see if little vellus hairs sprout, if thats the case it should probably mean its working for you as either halting or causing regrowth to some degree.

However, did they really just dissolve the pills in water and apply it? Doesnt water NOT penetrate skin? I mean, if it doesnt, how else could CET get to the follicle?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Try it on a bald area first and see if little vellus hairs sprout, if thats the case it should probably mean its working for you as either halting or causing regrowth to some degree.

However, did they really just dissolve the pills in water and apply it? Doesnt water NOT penetrate skin? I mean, if it doesn't, how else could CET get to the follicle?
    I don't really know, I will have to re-read some of it to make sure. But I know that at least they put it in water to dissolve first. I suppose it does make sense that you wouldn't be able to absorb it with only water.

Anyways, I am losing a lot of hope, I don't know how or if it's even possible but I am pretty sure that I lost one full norwood level in just one month. I had lost some hair in the past due to shedding, but I don't this much hair is normal.

I went to the doctor the other day to get a prescription fro propecia and he said that I might have hyperthyroidism. So on Monday I will get the test done and hopefully I do have that and get some hair back. The bad thing is that I am losing hair on the sides and also in the back where it is suppose to be DHT resistant, either way, I will have to just buzz it 0 since it looks like I have cancer, I hate it, so depressed.

But for sure if it works on me I will let people know, together with trial and error is the only way we're going to beat this horrible disease.

DesperateOne, any results?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammon20 View Post
    DesperateOne, any results?
    I can't speak for him, but I tried topical cetirizine myself when that was briefly popular on the forums and it made me shed hair for a while but never regrew anything.