+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hi Tracy, I didn't even notice your response earlier. I actually have not seen any difference in growing new hair but I do believe it's working because it seems to have taken care of my acne problem. I also feel like I'm losing less hair but maybe it has to do with the shedding cycle... I know that NW2 isn't that bad but I have a feeling i'll head straight into NW3 shortly after so if I can at least halt it at NW2 I will be very happy.

You're right though, Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's necessarily safe... Many natural herbs can be very dangerous for certain people. I'm not saying the above mentioned herbs are dangerous but I understand what you mean.

I guess I'll gain more info as I search throughout the forums. I was really just wondering if hairomega would at least work to maintain hair. This is really my first hair loss regimen so if I don't see any results in 9-12 months I'll know that hairomega wasn't effective. I really was considering starting propecia until I read all these horrible reviews on the product all over the internet. Then again I've also read a couple reviews that say minoxidil makes you lose your hairline completely! Thankfully I've read more positive reviews on minoxidil than bad ones. I will keep propecia in mind if my hairloss is worse in a year from now.

One website was saying that propecia lowers DHT in the blood stream so that's why it's more effective than other natural DHT blockers. saw palmetto has no effect on DHT levels in the bloodstream but I think a combination of herbs like pygeum, grape extract and the ones listed above make it more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    I really was considering starting propecia until I read all these horrible reviews on the product all over the internet.
    that's a shitty way to judge a product ESPECIALLY when it's a drug
    Read what the scientists and doctors say about it instead of some johnny from iowa...

Inactive

One website was saying that propecia lowers DHT in the blood stream so that's why it's more effective than other natural DHT blockers. saw palmetto has no effect on DHT levels in the bloodstream but I think a combination of herbs like pygeum, grape extract and the ones listed above make it more effective.
    I think I've read saw palmetto blocked DHT in all areas.
    But if You're right - its even better.. where DHT makes damage is in folicles, if eliminated there, elsewhere doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    that's a shitty way to judge a product ESPECIALLY when it's a drug
    Read what the scientists and doctors say about it instead of some johnny from iowa...
    True true. I'll consider propecia if I don't notice a change using the 'natural' way. I have to try the natural way for myself to see if it works. I'll keep you all updated on what happens with the hairomega and minoxidil combo.

stressedtothebald, what I meant was I think propecia works better because it actually lowers DHT in your bloodstream. Correct me if I'm wrong but if propecia doesn't work to halt your hair loss then I don't think any other DHT blocker will be as effective unless it's a topical DHT blocker.

I definitely want to get the nizoral shampoo to add once or twice a week to my regimen...

Inactive

stressedtothebald, what I meant was I think propecia works better because it actually lowers DHT in your bloodstream. Correct me if I'm wrong but if propecia doesn't work to halt your hair loss then I don't think any other DHT blocker will be as effective unless it's a topical DHT blocker.
    Contrary to popular belief, propecia doesn't work for everyone. Just browse here on the forum and You'll see people talking about it. Just recently I've read threads, one guy was using propecia for 5 years and it did nothing in terms of regrowth, the other guy was using for 3,5+ years..

More importantly, You are gambling with extremely dangerous side effects - including permanent erectile dysfunction, depression and cancer, just to name a few..

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    2020, I spent a lot of time reading almost everything on those websites and took some time to think about trying finasteride. The risks are very low but the benefits are extremely high. Only a very slim margin of people experienced side effects and even less experienced permanent side effects.

So do you all think these 'natural' DHT blockers like hairomega are not as effective as finasteride in maintaining hair? I may just make the switch since the price seems to be the same as the generic 1 mg finasteride on 4rx.com.

Perhaps I can split the pill and take 0.5mg per day along with minoxidil to maintain what hair I have left.

So do you all think these 'natural' DHT blockers like hairomega are not as effective as finasteride in maintaining hair? I may just make the switch since the price seems to be the same as the generic 1 mg finasteride on 4rx.com.
    You need to address the main problem of hair loss: DHT.
    HairOmega is an excellent vitamin, but its DHT blocking abilities are too weak...

You should use both Propecia and HairOmega for maximum benefit...

Inactive

The risks are very low but the benefits are extremely high.
    Thats if You believe what manufacturer claims.
    Merck has so much faith in the safety of their own product, that they've pulled down their own website and left a message: "You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088." Have a look for Youself at http://www.propecia.com

Dr. Irwig, Washington study reports:
    - 94% lower libido
    - 92% erectile dysfunction & decreased arousal,
    - 69% problems with orgasm,
    - 66% reduction in sexual activity
    - etc. plus links to depression & cancer.
    http://www.examiner.com/courts-in-ba...#ixzz1mLgDjzw3

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Thats if You believe what manufacturer claims.
    Japan:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21980923

3177 men, adverse reactions: 0.7%