Receding hair line and envious of men with full head of hair! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Receding hair line and envious of men with full head of hair!

Hello baldtruthtalk, this is my first post to introduce myself. I'm 33 years old, and I can tell that I'm starting to get a receding hair line (RHL). Granted, I have to use two back-to-back mirrors to be able to see the RHL, and someone else would probably have to be 6'5" in order to see it, but it's there. It's just a matter of time before I go bald.

I'm temporarily living in Pittsburgh, PA (actually, just for one more week), and it seems most (80% or so) men over 45 are lucky enough to have a full head of hair! (I generally don't count anybody who looks to be under 45 because many men, including my father, don't go bald until after that age.) But back home in northern Virginia, I saw many more bald(ing) men! In fact, I was the only one in my men's Bible study who still had hair! My only guess is that living in the DC area is very stressful for most people, which can contribute to quicker hair loss....after all, my father only went bald after he moved the family from FL to northern VA! By that logic, Pittsburgh must have a more "laid-back" carefree lifestyle. Does anyone else agree with this theory (that cities with a more stressful lifestyle contribute to more common baldness)? Please give insight.

On a similar note, for those of you who travel a lot, have you noticed that baldness does seem to be "regional"? In some cities, almost every man still has his hair, but in other cities, there are many more bald(ing) men. Or is it just me and my paranoia about going bald?

Lastly, how do I stop being so envious of men with a full head of hair? If I'm having an "off" day, I'll say to an older man with a full head of hair, "Everybody man's lucky enough to have a full head of hair!" Of course, they never listen .

The only things I can do to be more confident about my hair are:

a) Castor oil and coconut oil treatment. Read about it on various websites.

b) Pills - my father showed me an ad for Vivascal, basically a fish oil and vitamin pill that's supposed to restore hair follicles. I haven't started taking them yet though, so I can't yet comment on their effectiveness.

c) Think about bald celebrities like Sean Connery and Bruce Willis, to name a couple.

Are you bald men envious of men with hair or do you just try to find your OWN happiness and/or just work hard to advance in your career (to take your mind off being bald)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlnein1865 View Post
    Hello baldtruthtalk, this is my first post to introduce myself. I'm 33 years old, and I can tell that I'm starting to get a receding hair line (RHL). Granted, I have to use two back-to-back mirrors to be able to see the RHL, and someone else would probably have to be 6'5" in order to see it, but it's there. It's just a matter of time before I go bald.

I'm temporarily living in Pittsburgh, PA (actually, just for one more week), and it seems most (80% or so) men over 45 are lucky enough to have a full head of hair! (I generally don't count anybody who looks to be under 45 because many men, including my father, don't go bald until after that age.) But back home in northern Virginia, I saw many more bald(ing) men! In fact, I was the only one in my men's Bible study who still had hair! My only guess is that living in the DC area is very stressful for most people, which can contribute to quicker hair loss....after all, my father only went bald after he moved the family from FL to northern VA! By that logic, Pittsburgh must have a more "laid-back" carefree lifestyle. Does anyone else agree with this theory (that cities with a more stressful lifestyle contribute to more common baldness)? Please give insight.

On a similar note, for those of you who travel a lot, have you noticed that baldness does seem to be "regional"? In some cities, almost every man still has his hair, but in other cities, there are many more bald(ing) men. Or is it just me and my paranoia about going bald?

Lastly, how do I stop being so envious of men with a full head of hair? If I'm having an "off" day, I'll say to an older man with a full head of hair, "Everybody man's lucky enough to have a full head of hair!" Of course, they never listen .

The only things I can do to be more confident about my hair are:

a) Castor oil and coconut oil treatment. Read about it on various websites.

b) Pills - my father showed me an ad for Vivascal, basically a fish oil and vitamin pill that's supposed to restore hair follicles. I haven't started taking them yet though, so I can't yet comment on their effectiveness.

c) Think about bald celebrities like Sean Connery and Bruce Willis, to name a couple.

Are you bald men envious of men with hair or do you just try to find your OWN happiness and/or just work hard to advance in your career (to take your mind off being bald)?
    I always become envious of other's hair, I'm jealous of my own father when it comes to hair. On a serious note though.. if you're 33 and you've only just started to recede then why are you worrying, caring? Recession isn't the be all end all. 95% of males will experience a receding hairline and about 8-10% of them go bald. You're hairline is likely maturing or moving up slightly, not balding.