+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase either ramatroban or indo/chromo combo from iron dragon. In addition I'll be using rogaine foam 5 percent. I will document the results for the rest of 2013. Right now I'm still shedding regularly and experiencing no regrowth from rogaine foam. Hopefully the pgd2 blockers will stop inflammation and allow the minox to do its job better, but as long as the loss stops I'll be quite content with that...
    Are these products safe??? Will you maintain existing hair has any one stopped hair loss with pgd2 blockers?

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Will you maintain existing hair has any one stopped hair loss with pgd2 blockers?
    That is literally what he's asking.

And you're asking it back to him.

Isn't a year too much?

I know people point to propecia, but good responders see "something" in less than a year, I've never seen cases where a guy grew something worth documenting after a year

And with minox results are seen in less time

The fact that many are trying it while not documenting is frustrating, even cheap phones can take macro photos these days, there is no excuse to not document

Again, what we really need is good controlled study to know if PGD2 really work, at what rates, how much time it takes, etc. I hope Cotsarelis is testing something right now

Guys, too many people have reported a cessation of hair loss for there not to be something very important going on with the pgd2 theory. And not one person is coming forward and saying "I took this stuff for several months and it didn't stop my hair loss." Obviously there are biases in the data: who's taking pgd2 blockers (people with advanced loss looking for regrowth), who's reading this post (probably only a handful of people on pgd2 blockers). But I have yet to hear ONE REPORT of someone who started indo/chromo., took it for even a few months, and then abandoned it because hairloss was still severe. The only people abandoning it are looking for growth and not finding it quick enough.

I have an iphone and have been experimenting with "before" pics, but they aren't coming out anywhere near well enough to provide fool proof documentation. Once they are acceptable, I will start a thread documenting my info/chromo/minox journey for at least 6 months, unless side effects or costs slow me down, or unless something obviously superior and proven is released. I may switch to Ramatroban because of the PGE2 theory, as Ramatroban essentially stops the bad stuff without stopping the good stuff, something indo/chromo cannot replicate. I am beyond excited about this, and I really wish there was more hype for this stuff. If it indeed stops my hairloss then I'm one hair transplant away from NW0 and the end of this terrible curse.

I encourage others to research and see if pgd2 blockers are something they'd be willing to add to their regimen.

Check this out guys, awesome thread on this stuff. Getting cautiously excited. We may be on to something big here.

Edit: whoops, can't link to that site. dammit.

Is there any damn company trying to put this stuff into an actual hairloss trial!?

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Check this out guys, awesome thread on this stuff. Getting cautiously excited. We may be on to something big here.

Edit: whoops, can't link to that site. dammit.
    Could you point us to the thread in another way?

Or just give the title of the thread so we can google it?

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Is there any damn company trying to put this stuff into an actual hairloss trial!?
    there's gotta be, i'd assume costarelis is doing that since he discovered this shit... but i don't think follica is a mere pgd2 blocker.

i literally have zero clue why we all aren't on this topic way more. i guess there's just a minority of younger guys here who want to keep their current hair and aren't dying for regrowth, and who aren't able to take finasteride...