+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    What these companies (replicel, histogen, ari etc) probably fail to realize is that their demographic isn't only 50 year old men who want their hair back but also young guys who want to stop their hairloss aswell. I'm only 16 and nobody should ever be cursed with this disease at such a young age. No 16 year old should have baldtruthtalk as their most visited website and no 16 year old should be spending as much time as i do researching treatments for baldness.

All I want is a good way to restore my hairline and keep it like that. I'm probably going to be bald by my 22nd birthday, and that terrifies me. I would trade one of my feet and however much money they ask for too get my hairline back and keep it for the rest of my life. You guys who are balding in your mid 20's have it easy, in that age it's actually not uncommon to start balding and quite socially acceptable but 16? It's ridiculous. The fact that I'm still way too young for any good treatments (Fin, Dutas) makes this whole situation even worse. If I could i would get on Dutas in a heartbeat

If these companies realized that 16-20 year olds are going through this too and would shower them with money for a cure i think they would hurry the **** up. I try to keep optimistic about the new treatments but the latest news from Histogen and Replicels clinical trails were really underwhelming and as it is right now, yes, we do need a miracle.
    I feel for you buddy I started losing my hair pretty much right after puberty. Not very fun.

What these companies (replicel, histogen, ari etc) probably fail to realize is that their demographic isn't only 50 year old men who want their hair back but also young guys who want to stop their hairloss aswell. I'm only 16 and nobody should ever be cursed with this disease at such a young age. No 16 year old should have baldtruthtalk as their most visited website and no 16 year old should be spending as much time as i do researching treatments for baldness.

All I want is a good way to restore my hairline and keep it like that. I'm probably going to be bald by my 22nd birthday, and that terrifies me. I would trade one of my feet and however much money they ask for too get my hairline back and keep it for the rest of my life. You guys who are balding in your mid 20's have it easy, in that age it's actually not uncommon to start balding and quite socially acceptable but 16? It's ridiculous. The fact that I'm still way too young for any good treatments (Fin, Dutas) makes this whole situation even worse. If I could i would get on Dutas in a heartbeat

If these companies realized that 16-20 year olds are going through this too and would shower them with money for a cure i think they would hurry the **** up. I try to keep optimistic about the new treatments but the latest news from Histogen and Replicels clinical trails were really underwhelming and as it is right now, yes, we do need a miracle.
    Hey iH8d0ugh, I feel for you pal. I started losing hair when I was in your age but the result was not really noticeable before 20-21, I suppose due to strong regeneration in that age (body still under development). I ended up in NW6/7 territory, but this does not really provide any hint about the evolution of your case.

No matter how you look at it, it is really bad when it starts so early in life. Good luck.

bla bla bla ***** thread bla bla....

@iH8d0ugh
    If i was your friend or your brother i would slap your face... Well you started to loose your hair early, and THANKS TO GOD you noticed it very early TOO, you are in the best position to keep all of your hair! If you start fighting this shit like a man and stop be a pessimist girl u will keep ALL of your hair and no one will see that you're loosing it! I started to loose my hair at the same age, today i have 21 and i have a ton of hair.
    Regrowth hair: Fiction.
    Maintain hair: Reality ----> Our case.

on the bright side you'll most likely be cured while you're still young and live most of your life with a full head of hair. but yeah mpb at that age is tougher, no doubt.

fact is that the hair loss industry isn't really interested in a "cure". Too many moneys to be made and too many other more serious conditions to fight against (e.g. cancer). We should be realistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Hey iH8d0ugh, I feel for you pal. I started losing hair when I was in your age but the result was not really noticeable before 20-21, I suppose due to strong regeneration in that age (body still under development). I ended up in NW6/7 territory, but this does not really provide any hint about the evolution of your case.

No matter how you look at it, it is really bad when it starts so early in life. Good luck.
    the fact that i started so young (before i even had turned 16) makes me think that i'll probably end up a NW7, but on the other hand the hairloss history in my family isn't that bad, and my hairline has been like this for like a year so i'm kinda thinking and praying it might have stopped... i'll include some pictures if anyone want's to see my hairline

Quote Originally Posted by bibz View Post
    @iH8d0ugh
    If i was your friend or your brother i would slap your face... Well you started to loose your hair early, and THANKS TO GOD you noticed it very early TOO, you are in the best position to keep all of your hair! If you start fighting this shit like a man and stop be a pessimist girl u will keep ALL of your hair and no one will see that you're loosing it! I started to loose my hair at the same age, today i have 21 and i have a ton of hair.
    Regrowth hair: Fiction.
    Maintain hair: Reality ----> Our case.
    If you could give me any tips on how I would do that i wouldn't hesitate at all, the problem is that there is no way i could get on any of the good treatments like fin or duta so there's not alot i can do right now

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    on the bright side you'll most likely be cured while you're still young and live most of your life with a full head of hair. but yeah mpb at that age is tougher, no doubt.
    i sure hope so

Quote Originally Posted by ulanude View Post
    fact is that the hair loss industry isn't really interested in a "cure". Too many moneys to be made and too many other more serious conditions to fight against (e.g. cancer). We should be realistic about it.
    to much money to be made? how is that a problem? whoever cures this and gets a good treatment on the market would make sums of money unimaginable