+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Can this and Bim be the new Big 3, I have high hope

Lets hope man. CB, SM and Bim together may very well outperform min-ru-dut combo (my personal big 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Lets hope man. CB, SM and Bim together may very well outperform min-ru-dut combo (my personal big 3).
    I agree, CB the new version of FIN/DUT without the sides.

Bim a much better version of Minoxidil

SM i'm not sure? Isn't it a similar anti-androgen like CB?

Either way we seem to be in the early stages of simply upgrading older medication, nothing wrong with that, younger generations will be able to hold on to their hair and possibly grow a little back, still nothing that will turn a NW7-NW1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I agree, CB the new version of FIN/DUT without the sides.

Bim a much better version of Minoxidil

SM i'm not sure? Isn't it a similar anti-androgen like CB?

Either way we seem to be in the early stages of simply upgrading older medication, nothing wrong with that, younger generations will be able to hold on to their hair and possibly grow a little back, still nothing that will turn a NW7-NW1 though.
    SM is a WNT pathway activator it seems. The recent discovery about how macrophages are necessary to tell stem cells to create hair are very important because macrophages activate WNT proteins. All of these newer applications are based on real science and should be effective. You shouldn't have to mess with hormones or reduce the size of your prostate to keep your hair. Woohoo! Now if they'd just hurry up.

Follica better hurry up and get a treatment to market, unless they want another effective topical getting there first.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Follica better hurry up and get a treatment to market, unless they want another effective topical getting there first.
    I don't think Follica has any intention of putting anything hair loss related to market. As Cotsarelis said to Desmond, they don't have the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I don't think Follica has any intention of putting anything hair loss related to market. As Cotsarelis said to Desmond, they don't have the money...
    You see, I don't understand this kind of logic. Desmond himself said that each group didn't show their full hand, so why would Cots to an "interviewer" who basically ambushed him? Their original plan clearly was to corner the hair loss market by providing a hair loss treatment based on real scientific evidence, and creating a procedure to make hair transplants unnecessary. The latter is obviously a lot harder and a lot more costly.

The only way they would be able to tell if they'd been making progress with other chemicals other than a gpr44 blocker, would be use a topical gpr44 blocker and test compounds. It's a crucial part of even testing their ability to regenerate new follicles, because they would have to block what's inhibiting hair growth in the first place and then add growth factors. Cotsarelis has said himself that they made it through two trials, and I think that would infer that they have something to block that receptor. If it costs "$2 million to produce," and would make billions every year, why wouldn't any of that $55 million go to Follica?

Not saying they'll have anything for sure, but I like what I see.

I bet this is very promising combines with ru58841 or fin,dut

This is the most exciting prospect in my opinion. It's based on the latest knowledge about aga and not all those prehistoric (only) dht stuff. 2015 will be the year where we will find out if any of sm, bim and cb will make it go through phase 3 (soon on market).